Author Topic: Current Affair Special on "Hoons"  (Read 14044 times)

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Current Affair Special on "Hoons"
« on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:00PM »
http://random.platinum-central.com/A-Current-Affair-lebo-special.avi   (30MB)

Did anyone else see it last night?

They were just a bunch of dickheads ripping burnouts in melbourne (they need to get cars with too much grip to do a burnout :P) and a bunch of non-australian morons with no repect what so ever.

The two local car hang outs in geelong, one on the water at easten beach and one up higher on the hill overlooking the bay (shaggers) are both patrolled by the cops, but I have never seen the kind of dickheads that were in this Current Affair program.  People park, chat, listen to their stereos, some are having a drink (and hopefully not driving) but there are always some who give it a squirt, or a little skid.

They stay for the most part, within these two areas and I reckon thats the way the cops like it!

People dropping huge standstills in the street should be arrested... thats my opinion anyway.  Impound their cars and arrest them.

Don't go around defecting cars that are modified in a barely ILLEGAL fashion, maybe with some rims, an exhaust and pod.  Target the complete fuckwits and take their cars!
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re: Current Affair Special on "Hoons"
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:15PM »
its all well & good to say/suggest that budge, but the subject of hoons is a winner for police, politicians and the media alike. its an absolute fucking joke. when the hoon laws were bought in in qld, my mum thought i was a hoon after reading a newspaper article simply because i run antrx.

cops wont stop defecting little shit. and the fuckwits like in this clip will continue being absolute fuckwits. one current affair story like that, and the whole nation of conservative people, mainly from the previous generation & older, will assume that all of our generation is the same.

if anything needs to be changed its the one sided reporting on tv & the newspaper. for anything to really change from the police & politicians point of view, the media has to change (which it wont as its having a field day) the media will in turn change the opinion of the public, or the public simply wont care, and from there, the politicians and police wont be giving young motorists such a hard time, and they will just focus on the fuckwits once more. maybe.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:26PM »
I see what your saying noss.

I totally agree.  The media was been FEEDING off this topic for a long time now.  The 'import' driver attacks have been the ones that really pissed me off.  Apparently if you drive an import nissan, skyline, silvia or whatever... then your a total hoon and will be targeted for defects all the time.

I have never heard of anyone being defected in geelong, not ever.  We have a large 'car' scene but the dickhead level seems to alot lower than parts of melbourne and sydney (if I'm to believe this ACA story!)  Thats the problem, not every car enthusiant is like this wankers, the media knows this so they pick out the ones that are especially bad.

They should show us on a cruise...

Offline SMI7HY

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:36PM »
where i live (wollongong) we have a pretty big "car scene" and unfortunately almost as big dickhead level. And your right about the import driver attacks, it wouldn't be uncommon for my brother in his 300zx to be pulled over 4-5 times a night on weekends.

Edit: and you can put it down to his driving either because when he goes out in his clubsport they barely even look at him.
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2005, 03:46PM by Violent ! »

Offline rollaboy

• antrx.com junkie
  • i love 4 play (get it, cause i have a 4wd!) hahaha
« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2005, 05:55PM »
i couldnt believe those guys on the news, they fuked it all up for any1 who wants to love and lookafter there car!!!
they were beeing full assholes to the cops, when thwy were doing the wrong thing. not acceptable.

and not to be racist , but they were all from lebanon, so they arent exactly helping there stereotype either.
milk and juice may come in 2 litres, but they dont have turbochargers bolted to the side of em

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #5 on: Apr 28, 2005, 06:06PM »
yeh well, as i said in an email to a current affair (which will probably be overlooked or taken out of context) the problem isnt with p platers. the problem isnt with high powered cars. the problem isnt with imports and the problem definately isnt a result of movies like fast and furious or games like need for speed those excuses are rubbish. the problem is social and as much as i hate to say it, racial.

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2005, 07:05PM »
yeh well, as i said in an email to a current affair (which will probably be overlooked or taken out of context) the problem isnt with p platers. the problem isnt with high powered cars. the problem isnt with imports and the problem definately isnt a result of movies like fast and furious or games like need for speed those excuses are rubbish. the problem is social and as much as i hate to say it, racial.

thats pretty much summed up what I was about to post!
--------

Those guys on ACA are bloody pathetic though, how dare they insult the Anzacs and the police in the way that they did. 

"this is Australia, love it or live it"  they should start fscking packing their bags @%@!!

Offline rollaboy

• antrx.com junkie
  • i love 4 play (get it, cause i have a 4wd!) hahaha
« Reply #7 on: Apr 28, 2005, 08:23PM »
did u see him waiving those hundreds of emails tonite???

i didnt hear him talkin about ur email in that segment noss....

single sided basturds.
milk and juice may come in 2 litres, but they dont have turbochargers bolted to the side of em

Offline concept9

• antrx.com full member
  • SR20DETR.X
« Reply #8 on: Apr 28, 2005, 08:36PM »
yeah i agree with what noss said. most people are fine but then you get a few people together that think they're king kong and it makes everyone look bad. i just saw the follow up that was on tonight.....maybe you guys got a different version to us in nsw cuz the one they showed up here was shot in sydney....  ???

the guy that they interviewed, Norm, is actually a family friend of ours. he hates the 'hoons' up there and when he saw my car on his last visit he asked me a million questions about where i go to hang out and stuff at night. after i explained to him that the local meeting point for nowra is in a big car-park in the centre of town (not close to any houses) and all we do is park our cars and look/chat, he was quiet impressed. then later on we move out to a service station on the outskirts of town and do the same....park and chat. we don't all drive around and crack demo's in the main street or whatever. then later on we move way out the back of town (about a 10min drive) out into the bush and if someone wants to do a burnout then they do it. i know this isn't legal and i don't promote it but it's no-where near any houses or residential areas. its a fairly old road and until council builds a proper dragstrip or burnout pad then its the next best thing. the cops DO know it happens and they drive out there every few weeks but they don't constantly hound us, cuz they know that when we go out there we're not disturbing anyone or causing a ruckus.

well anyway, i have to go now cuz i'm going into town to park my car and have a chat  ::)

Offline Asephx

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #9 on: Apr 28, 2005, 10:23PM »
i hate being stereotyped into the hoon category

just the other day i had an off duty police officer come to my door (he lives in the flats behind my house) and said he saw me last night being a menice on the roads...
he said i wasnt speeding, but i was driving next to my mate (who was also in a trx) so somehow that makes me a menice? he also said i took off fast from a set of lights... that night i had 3 people in my car so i couldnt exactly be going too fast hehe

purhaps its the P plates? and the lowered springs?

its a case of a small minority wrecking it for the larger one... but good fun things dont make the front page :S

terror is the new weapon, and we are the ammo in this case
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2005, 10:34PM by asephx »

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #10 on: Apr 29, 2005, 07:13PM »
now i didnt see the ACA special so go easy on me, and since i have not got adsl or cable net downloading wil take way too long,
but moving this weekend and then i will have cable, yayay!!

anyways in most circumstances it is the very small percentage of people that seem to give people like them a stereotype.

as the guys on ACA have put all younger drivers into the HOON stereotype, not very pleasant but can be fixed over time (maybe)

another example would be this stuff in bali with the drugs, putting through the worlds minds, and more inparticularly just bali, that australia is intot there drugs, just another stereotype. something i had been hearing on the radio all week.

it is all a big mess, caused by politicians and that minority of halfwits doin everything that should be kept off the public roads.

really needs a big organisation of car clubs and enthusiasts of any type to make our voices heard, otherwise nothing will happen to help us keep doin what we do.
as an example i read in the cars guide today about the 4X4 drivers that rallied together to still be able to use a national park that the government was handing over to community control, or something like that. anyways there was 1500 that voted to get the people that will let them use the national park for 4X4 use.
and they got the use of it after that, greenies werent to happy bout it though.

we'll never know what we can do

oh well my piece till i see the special

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #11 on: Apr 29, 2005, 09:10PM »
I wouldn't waste 30MB of 56k downloading time Hugh.

It was such crap to be honest!

Offline concept9

• antrx.com full member
  • SR20DETR.X
« Reply #12 on: Apr 30, 2005, 06:42PM »
he also said i took off fast from a set of lights... that night i had 3 people in my car so i couldnt exactly be going too fast hehe

there's nothing illegal about taking off 'fast' from a set off lights anyway  ???
if i'm at the front of traffic at a set of lights i always give it a bit when the light goes green cuz i like having an open road infront of me, its called 'getting infront of traffic'  :P

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #13 on: Apr 30, 2005, 11:41PM »
ha ha, no more 56k modem!!!!!! now broadband, makes a bit of a difference

Offline Marty

• west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • *no car :(*
« Reply #14 on: May 1, 2005, 02:32PM »
yeh we just upgraded to 1.5 megbit connection
sweet

hehe i just noticed the filename too, "lebo special"
Wanneroo (Barbagallos) short track time 63 seconds (58 - Evo) long track 79 (69 - Evo)
Mods - Bosch 910 fuel pump, Nismo 555cc injectors, Z32 AFM, USB Bikirom, Full Whiteline Handling Kit, DBA Rotors, Tomei Poncams + GT2871. (174ahkw)

Offline Bluprint

• antrx.com full member
  • 1990 Nissan R31 Series 3 Skyline Silhouette
    • Cruise Pics
« Reply #15 on: May 1, 2005, 03:23PM »
I like the way they "randomly" chose the people featured in that special

I guess everyone's just like them hey

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #16 on: May 1, 2005, 05:54PM »
yep watched it now

wat can i say, there are some fucking dropkicks out there that ruin it for all of us.

these guys would seem to do it all weekend every weekend, thats just not cool

Offline Rake

• vrrrmm sssssh pstch
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • quack
    • http://www.tldr.com.au
« Reply #17 on: May 2, 2005, 01:52AM »
A Current Affair, haha, little more than shit stirrers :P

I don't really think this piece was about 'Hoons' as such, more like using the word in place of a racial group. It goes something like this;

1. Infroduction - Saying the word Hoons and showing some Cars and P plates
2. Few minutes of lebanese acting like dickheads
3. Oh wait, we were talking about hoons weren't we. Yeah, uhh, they do burnouts in Melbourne and stuff. 20 seconds of an EL oversteering into an AU.
4. More minutes of obvious ethnic group causing trouble.
5. Wait, we were talking about 'Hoons', weren't we.. Ok, These are some ho- hey look lebos!
6. End.

It's a good laugh. The fat chick sitting in her car semi-dancing and the car's bouncing like it has airbags. The "Mercs and BMW's", showing the BMW logo on the car with paint or whatnot chipping off it. "Doughies mayyte!" "Oh mah gawd no comment! LOL HABIB NO COMMENT YOUR SO SIK YULLEH FUNNEH NO COMMENT AHAHA".

There was very little content at all as far as I was concerned, it just showed members of an obvious race acting like their troublesome selves. it's the media, so they're just out to further warp the minds of the scared, middle aged (+ elderly) people everywhere. Of course, Chan 9 had to cover their arse and say "Car hoons" instead of "Bloody middle-eastern immagrants".

I agree with the shadow police minister though. We need to hit them. Then hit them again. Then hit them again.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2005, 01:54AM by Rake »

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #18 on: May 2, 2005, 02:01AM »
maybe a baseball bat would be more effective though?

Offline 91CA20

• look at my e-penis
« Reply #19 on: May 2, 2005, 02:04AM »
Yeh i'd like to bury the hatchet with all these guys, in the head.

Spose the best we can do is to set a good example for others....

Offline Pingu

• Blackbird
« Reply #20 on: May 2, 2005, 02:08AM »
Baseball bat or golf club installed in boot is a good one.

Here in NZ its even worse.

"Unnessacary exibition of speed"
"Unnessacary acceleration"

Niether of which a human eye can guage even remotley. Ie 0 to 50 kph.

Gets your car taken off you for 28 days at great expense and a day in court at minimum with "boyracing" charge.
Take off from the lights here quick and a cop in disguise watching at the carparks with his radio calls it in and your done 10 minutes later.
Whats so sick about it it is the law is applied with total nonsense discretion.

Offline Rake

• vrrrmm sssssh pstch
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • quack
    • http://www.tldr.com.au
« Reply #21 on: May 2, 2005, 02:10AM »
Baseball bat or not, you'd still be hitting them.

I'm a believer in doing things right the first time though :)

Offline chucky

• CRUISE MONKEY
  • post whore
  • WHERES MY STICKER?
« Reply #22 on: May 2, 2005, 08:52PM »
im not sure why they are so suprised, everything that happens around the world is bound to happen in australia sooner or later...anyone seen videos of illegal drags in great britan or america? cops rock up and these guys just keep racing, smoking 'em up, etc etc etc....

it happens in melbourne too... chapel st, everyone goes down one week and the next week its a defect station

im not so sure what the harm is in gathering in a carpark and having a smoke/chat... sure there are always dickheads with a point to prove and love doing skids... and generally speaking they are the ones that get dicked... i've been to chapel, st kilda etc etc heaps in the 180, i dont rip fully sick skids and havent been pulled over once in those areas....

at the end of the day, these kids can do whatever they want, its far broader than race or age.... and taking cars off people isnt viable, you put the car in a different name (family member) and they cant touch the car  8)

What do ralliart do??? make stickers???

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #23 on: May 2, 2005, 09:19PM »
A Current Affair, haha, little more than shit stirrers :P

I don't really think this piece was about 'Hoons' as such, more like using the word in place of a racial group. It goes something like this;

1. Infroduction - Saying the word Hoons and showing some Cars and P plates
2. Few minutes of lebanese acting like dickheads
3. Oh wait, we were talking about hoons weren't we. Yeah, uhh, they do burnouts in Melbourne and stuff. 20 seconds of an EL oversteering into an AU.
4. More minutes of obvious ethnic group causing trouble.
5. Wait, we were talking about 'Hoons', weren't we.. Ok, These are some ho- hey look lebos!
6. End.

It's a good laugh. The fat chick sitting in her car semi-dancing and the car's bouncing like it has airbags. The "Mercs and BMW's", showing the BMW logo on the car with paint or whatnot chipping off it. "Doughies mayyte!" "Oh mah gawd no comment! LOL HABIB NO COMMENT YOUR SO SIK YULLEH FUNNEH NO COMMENT AHAHA".

There was very little content at all as far as I was concerned, it just showed members of an obvious race acting like their troublesome selves. it's the media, so they're just out to further warp the minds of the scared, middle aged (+ elderly) people everywhere. Of course, Chan 9 had to cover their arse and say "Car hoons" instead of "Bloody middle-eastern immagrants".

I agree with the shadow police minister though. We need to hit them. Then hit them again. Then hit them again.

the problem is hoons actually. it doesnt matter that they're lebanese or whatever, they still drive hotted up cars and they are the people i'd put in the hoon category,  along with whatever race or age or whatever does the same shit as what was pictured. just because the snippets were of a particular ethnic group doesnt mean that its a 'lebbo special in disguise'..

what i'm annoyed about is that the close minded group of people, which isnt just limited to middle aged & elderly, but young people too, those people view all of us like that. which sucks. but then i dont care, cause i behave myself. thing is, i'm gonna get dicked while behaving myself just because my car is modded.

Offline concept9

• antrx.com full member
  • SR20DETR.X
« Reply #24 on: May 2, 2005, 09:59PM »
my 21 year old cousin is a good example of someone getting pulled over just for being in a certain type of car....
he used to drive a VW Transporter that was pretty damn low (the springs were taken out), and chromies on it would've also been defectable and there was probably one or two other minor dodgy things about it - but he NEVER got 'randomly' pulled over by cops. so he sells the VW, buys an R33 gts-t and has been pulled over several times and receiving nothing more than a slap on the wrist for taking off too fast. he doesn't do anything stupid in the skyline and he's added a fair chunk of power to the stock engine, but it just goes to show that the car you drive will more than likely be the thing that makes cops go "oh yummy....defect-mobile!"

i just wanted to use that as an example about noss's point of getting dicked for having a modded car.

Offline Sheldon

• antrx.com junkie
  • The Beasty Beast
« Reply #25 on: May 2, 2005, 10:03PM »
yeh that is pretty dodgy. be rather funny if they go that turbo car of yours is te reason you took off too fast rah rah rah and then you got hey its a 4cyl non turbo!! lol

im in a stupid mood tonight lol
If only the KA24E was KA24ET!!

Offline Tim-E

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • doof doof
« Reply #26 on: May 2, 2005, 10:19PM »
i cant beleive how soft the cops were! outnumbered? so what, call for backup FFS!! and you have a gun, shoot a few of them in legs and lets see them pipe up then. I know cops arent allowed to do that BUT THEY SHOULD be allowed to IMO.

how can those cops sleep at night thinking that they drove off leaving the lebs thinking they can do whatever the f*ck they want!! ITS NOT RIGHT!!

DEATH TO THEM ALL!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(
2.0L 4 -------> 3.0L 6. Does this mean a 4.0L 8 next?? or back to a 2.0L......turbo!

Offline chucky

• CRUISE MONKEY
  • post whore
  • WHERES MY STICKER?
« Reply #27 on: May 3, 2005, 12:56AM »
police have enough power, they have the right to search your car, arrest you for insulting a police officer, defect your car... so lets not give them anymore power.

i think your taking this too literally... its not like cops are getting this sort of treatment everywhere they go, ACA might want you to believe that but its not... in fact, i've been to a couple of places where they drag/drift/do burnouts and as soon as cops rock up, everyone spilts as fast as they can, they dont sit there trying to be heros.

What do ralliart do??? make stickers???

Offline Tim-E

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • doof doof
« Reply #28 on: May 3, 2005, 01:47AM »
police have enough power, they have the right to search your car, arrest you for insulting a police officer, defect your car... so lets not give them anymore power.

i think thats my point. They had the power to do something and they did NOTHING. Ok i took it too far but that video REALLY irritated me.
2.0L 4 -------> 3.0L 6. Does this mean a 4.0L 8 next?? or back to a 2.0L......turbo!

Offline NeVetS

• Dent King!
  • antrx cruise monkey
« Reply #29 on: May 3, 2005, 11:49AM »
i couldn't even watch it all i got so angry. The persons or group in that doco simply shit me. The way they talk and disrespect alot of things and people think they have the best everything and i'm not talking about lebos or anything. Theres just a serten group of people that think the world owes them a living and there the hottest thing ever etc. I have lebanese friend and his is nothing like that group of sad fucks. When one guy in that doco said 'lebo patrol' or some such i just thought well if your gonna drive and act like a shit stain your gonna get delt with.

Grr. The fact is that some time in there life there gonna need the police or some such because there fullysick BMW or VN was stolen or someshit .

NO RESPECT WANKERS they'll get there karma back to em then they'll have to start think what did i do wrong.