Author Topic: luxury paints colour matching  (Read 3800 times)

Offline vector

• antrx.com junkie
luxury paints colour matching
« on: Sep 13, 2004, 01:28PM »
they do a very good job, he mixed the paint the first time to the paint code and it was way off so he took the fuel lid and matched from that hes also offered to send the lid off to be scanned by a computer if im not happy so yeh very good company
"Until the philosophy which hold one race superior and another inferior is finally discredited and abandoned...WAR! So that is prophecy, and everyone know that is truth. And it came out of the mouth of Rastafari"

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • rum country correspondant
  • post whore
  • fallaces sunt rerum species
Re: luxury paints colour matching
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2004, 03:57PM »
what type of paint was it?
The old USSR had a single time zone. They had a hammer and sickle in the ground near the Kremlin much like a sundial.
Arguments raged for years as to what to call the timezone
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
In the end they all agreed.
Hammer Time.

the thumbtack corporation tm is not responsible for any injuries incurred as a result of thumbtack. any resemblance to any stationery, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline FANC_ME

• Heaven Wont Have Me And Hell Thinks Ill Take Over
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2004, 04:09PM »
Car paint??

;)
Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

Offline vector

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2004, 04:45PM »
acrylic metallic stuff and fuck me does it stink face mask are a must
"Until the philosophy which hold one race superior and another inferior is finally discredited and abandoned...WAR! So that is prophecy, and everyone know that is truth. And it came out of the mouth of Rastafari"

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2004, 04:55PM »
Car paint??

;)

no way!!!  :o hehe........

ahhhhhh acrylic stuff eh..... so self application then?
The old USSR had a single time zone. They had a hammer and sickle in the ground near the Kremlin much like a sundial.
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
Hammer Time.

the thumbtack corporation tm is not responsible for any injuries incurred as a result of thumbtack. any resemblance to any stationery, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline vector

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2004, 05:41PM »
yeh they put it in a pressure pak

Offline vector

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2004, 06:03PM »

Offline Pinsair

• ka24e owner
  • post whore
« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2004, 02:31AM »
what sort of shop is it? like spraypainting/panel beater sort of place or is it a place that actually sells car paint by the litre? i've been wanting to do this but i dont know what sort of shop to go to. that looks like an awsome finish for spray can paint btw

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • post whore
« Reply #8 on: Sep 14, 2004, 11:51AM »
yeah i wouldn't mind doin it either..... was it expensive??
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
Hammer Time.

Offline vector

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #9 on: Sep 14, 2004, 01:41PM »
i got it from http://www.luxurypaints.com.au/  they sell all sorts of paint i think "the paint place" may also do it and probably others it cost 22 $ a 300g can not like those pissy  little touch up cans you get from repco and kmart n that  but you gotta wait a month before you can polish it

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • post whore
« Reply #10 on: Sep 14, 2004, 03:12PM »
what did they call it? cos i cant seem to find it.... maybe im looking with my eyes shut as my mum likes to say..........
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
Hammer Time.

Offline vector

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #11 on: Sep 14, 2004, 06:21PM »
its not on the site when you go into there shop ask if they colour match and if they can put it in a pressure pack (aresol can)
for ya  ;)

Offline calteoh

• antrx.com full member
  • first car eagerness
« Reply #12 on: Sep 15, 2004, 12:49AM »
hey vector, is your car color "Blue Glow"?

dammit that place is only in QLD and NSW. Does anyone know anywhere in Melbourne that do stuff like this? I heard Supercheap auto may do something like this, but dunno about the quality....

Offline vector

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #13 on: Sep 15, 2004, 05:25PM »
its "pacific glow" i think its pretty similar if you go into repco and ask the guys theyll know where people can do it

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #14 on: Sep 15, 2004, 05:27PM »
there is a shop in bayswater that will do it. just ring around your area, you'll find what you're after faster.

also at $22 for 300g, the paint would be better quality than some of the rubbish you buy at supercheap etc, and also good technique helps.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline vector

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #15 on: Sep 15, 2004, 06:06PM »
there is a shop in bayswater that will do it. just ring around your area, you'll find what you're after faster.

also at $22 for 300g, the paint would be better quality than some of the rubbish you buy at supercheap etc, and also good technique helps.

definatly and its 18 for non metallic and remember its acryllic so its got a matt finish from the can it needs 4-5 coats and to be buffed a month after noss what sort a paint did you use for your door lock shave thingy and pics of how it came out pls?

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #16 on: Sep 15, 2004, 06:09PM »
there area where my door locks once were are in primer still, the paint that i bought squirted out like that crazy string shit you get in show bags.  once i cleaned it all up i tried again and the paint was really watery and i had to wipe it off.

hope you didnt think i was having a go at your job vector, it looks very good, i was referring to the comments of 'nice job' etc.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline vector

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #17 on: Sep 15, 2004, 06:22PM »
there area where my door locks once were are in primer still, the paint that i bought squirted out like that crazy string sh*t you get in show bags.  once i cleaned it all up i tried again and the paint was really watery and i had to wipe it off.

hope you didnt think i was having a go at your job vector, it looks very good, i was referring to the comments of 'nice job' etc.

no no its ok i understood i shoulda put a before and after the putty it had a 3 inch  rust hole where the headlight protectors where in each side and did you use stop putty in your locks? id highly reccomend it (wish id used it) and today i got told to rub a thin layer of unleaded petrol over it for a "instant shine" or mix it with the final coat instead of thinners i doubt ill try it but yeh might ave to test itone day if i get a compressor