Author Topic: Sub and amp install  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
Sub and amp install
« on: Mar 9, 2004, 02:18PM »
hey i was wondering if anyone could help me,

i just bought my pintara, and im in the process of doing the stereo.

ive installed my head unit, replaced the front and rear speakers, which are running off the head unit, but ive hit a snag with my amp and sub install.

ive bought a cheapish  420w 4 channel audioline amp and 12in kicker sub in a box and all the cables to install it, and thats where i get stuck.

so, i just wanted to know if anyone knew who to hook them up, or if u know of websites that can show me, i want to do this it myself, because i don't wanna play $$$ to the jerks at my local JB HIFI store.

anywho if  anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline KNG P1N

• humpin ya mumma since '85
  • post whore
  • dont hate the player.....hate the game
Re: Sub and amp install
« Reply #1 on: Mar 9, 2004, 02:22PM »
easyest thing to do is go to jaycar, they have a diy section and just buy the how to install amps and subs booklet. there $3
And there's not much I can say
But we miss you every day
And I'm bitter 'cause it's unfair
We'll be drinkin' in the sun
Playing music having fun
Cause one day I'll see you there
R.I.P, M.M 1984 - 2005

Offline trxmad

• post whore
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2004, 03:49PM »
if ur just looking at how to wire it up its pretty simple...

just get ur deck out, everything should be colour coded - little blue wire should attach to little blue wire if i remember correctly, rca's have little holes on both amp and deck, power from battery to amp - everyone has different theories on where to actually run ur cables but yeh... and ground in to some sort of screw near ur amp.. speaker wire

Offline KNG P1N

• humpin ya mumma since '85
  • post whore
  • dont hate the player.....hate the game
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2004, 08:24AM »
i wish that every car had the correct colour coding for the wires, half the time its f*#kin wrong.lol
And there's not much I can say
But we miss you every day
And I'm bitter 'cause it's unfair
We'll be drinkin' in the sun
Playing music having fun
Cause one day I'll see you there
R.I.P, M.M 1984 - 2005

Offline chucky

• CRUISE MONKEY
  • post whore
  • WHERES MY STICKER?
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2004, 03:02PM »
if ur just looking at how to wire it up its pretty simple...

just get ur deck out, everything should be colour coded - little blue wire should attach to little blue wire if i remember correctly, rca's have little holes on both amp and deck, power from battery to amp - everyone has different theories on where to actually run ur cables but yeh... and ground in to some sort of screw near ur amp.. speaker wire

ground using speaker wire?
What do ralliart do??? make stickers???

Offline Urq!

• sdrawkcab siht daer
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com senior member
  • I wonder if anyone reads these things.
    • My car
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2004, 03:08PM »
always use power wire (the thick ass stuff) to ground your amp.  It will work if you ground it with speaker wire but if you get a power serge say bye bye to the amp.

Offline Barnett

• antrx.com senior member
  • Not So Stock Ride, Banging Your Mum 24/7 :D
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2004, 06:12PM »
man......red wire to positive of battery.....black wire (earth) to a bolt of some sort that touches metal in the boot somewhere..........get your wiring diagram from your head unit then find the remote wire then hook it up to the remote wire plug on the amp....hook up you sub with wire from amp to box and bobs your uncle you just installed and amp and sub ;) hehehehe just got to remove some of your interior to run the wires under the carpet......and a tip "Keep the RCA's and power wire on seperate sides of the car"....other wise you can get engine noise.

[Barnett]
Mmmmm Turbo Mini Chopper Anyone?

Offline trxmad

• post whore
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2004, 12:13AM »
always use power wire (the thick ass stuff) to ground your amp.  It will work if you ground it with speaker wire but if you get a power serge say bye bye to the amp.

nah sorry i was just mentioning speaker wire but coz its so simple i didnt bother explaining it....

always use the same gauge wire to ground ur amp as what u use to power it..(if u buy a cable pack ur set)

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2004, 07:42PM »
hey, cheers for the help guys, thanks to you, amp and sub are sittin pretty in my boot and sound awesome, so yeah thanks!!!  :D

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan