Author Topic: Aint it the way  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Mister_T

• antrx.com junior member
  • new skids in my jocks
Aint it the way
« on: Dec 2, 2018, 01:14PM »
Found a solitary U12 at a wrecker with lots of bits left on it that would be good spares to have.
Scored a MAF (never know when one of those will let go) and various small bits. Heck, I would trust a 15 year Jap radiator cap over a brand new Tridon any day.

My car developed a problem in one of the park/brake sockets where it would randomly short the brake light circuit and take out the fuse. Took a while to narrow it down. No biggie says I, the car at the wrecker has the tail lamp backplates intact. Go back to the wrecker the next weekend to get more stuff and the U12 is gone. Bugger!
Ended up getting a tail lamp backplate out of a Corolla of similar vintage and grafted the park/brake socket from that into my Pinty.
Such is life with a 27 year old car.

Offline Nick

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • new skids in my jocks
Re: Aint it the way
« Reply #1 on: Dec 3, 2018, 12:42AM »
which wrecker, which city? cruise control, electric windows and electric mirrors?

Offline Mister_T

• new skids in my jocks
« Reply #2 on: Dec 3, 2018, 04:54PM »
which wrecker, which city? cruise control, electric windows and electric mirrors?
Was at Imlach's Centre Road (in Melbourne for you interstate folk, it's pretty large, check it out on Google Earth sometime).
The wreck was just a basic Exec 2.0 AT. Even had the iron exhaust manifold on it. Dang it I wanted the left rear mudflap but I didn't have my vice grips with me previously. The hubcaps were in the boot but they were cactus. I would have liked the dizzy and alternator for spares.

Haven't got around to checking out the other DIY wreckers yet. The weather on Sunday was iffy so maybe next weekend I might check out Pick-a-Part in Kilsyth if it's not raining.

Offline Mister_T

• new skids in my jocks
« Reply #3 on: Dec 9, 2018, 04:29PM »
This is getting silly.
I checked the Pick-A-Part website ( https://www.pick-a-part.com.au/whats_in_stock#selectmm ) on Friday and a blue U12 Pintara came up. Ok.
I make the trek to Kilsyth on Sunday and there is no Pintara. It's been years since I was last out there and I notice they have less Nissans in general then they used to. There are still a couple of R31 carcasses but generally pre-1990 are gone. A sign of the times.

Out of curiosity I had a perv through a ~1994 Infiniti V8 getting stripped. It's the only time I've seen one in a yard. Apparently only 150 of these came in to Aus. At a price of around $150,000 at the time they were never going to be a big selling luxo-barge but at least they are a front engine V8 with rear wheel drive. Under the bonnet it looked as tightly packed as a Z32.

When I get home I check the website again and the Pintara is no longer displayed. Fark Orf. Corsairs don't even get a mention in the dropdown lists.
Geez, you have to be quick these days.

Offline Sunforty

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
  • new skids in my jocks
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2018, 08:27PM »
This is a forum. Knowledge Store I do not know where to find it.