Author Topic: THIS SHOULDNT HAPPEN>:(  (Read 3548 times)

Offline POVR31

• antrx.com senior member
  • go my POVmobile
THIS SHOULDNT HAPPEN>:(
« on: Feb 12, 2005, 07:23PM »
Yeah well last night i joined the pulsar org guys on their cruise had a fair descent turnout of around 30 cars. Went for a nice run up though the hills through corkscrew road and up through gumeracha/birdwood. Once at the meeting spot me and Chadza peeled off and headed home. Anyways we were driving along at a reasonable pace and i hear this clunking from the back rear so we stop jack it up and have a good look at everything but it all looked fine no wobbly bits so we assumed it was something to do with the diff as the noise was only on deceleration. We limped home down the freeway at 100 then while in a 40 zone (thank christ) MY FRIGGIN RIM FELL OFF and proceeded to bounce down the road. All i could do was stare gobsmacked as it bounced 30m down the road and smacked into some guys bloody fence at a quite alarming speed. WHAT THE FUCK!! I was suprised to say the least.

Luckily the stone guard protected the disc but one of the studs was mangled so i couldnt get the wheel on. My nice 200 tyre has fat gashes in the tread and side wall and my rim is full munged on the inside but somehow got now damage on the outside.

I will be ringing consumer affairs to see where i stand as i didnt put the rim on a Bridgestone place did it >:(. I will be having a chat to them on monday i thinks. SO yeah was an interesting night. ::)
The POVmobile....suspension, rims, customsied POV gearbox and POVerised paint.

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
Re: THIS SHOULDNT HAPPEN>:(
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2005, 07:35PM »
bugger there mate, glad ur ok though, and kick the ass of those bridgestone guys!!!!!! that is bullshit. good luck with everything

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2005, 07:53PM »
yeah thats shithouse.  sounds like a dodgy install to me!
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2005, 07:58PM »
Normally, I don't care when people post about this kind of stuff, but this has a strange comedic value which inspires me to extend my sympathies.

lol @ wheel overtaking car.
Doo-woop-shoobie-doo-waah

Offline Milford

• resident clown
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2005, 08:08PM »
im a fan of the word 'gobsmacked'
karma for that one.

Offline Chadza

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • B4 what?
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2005, 09:05PM »
hehe, I get this phonecall about 10mins after we split up,

"ahh Chad, my wheels just kinda FELL OFF!"

I was pretty surprised. So I went out to give him a hand as he wasn't all that far from my place, I ask where he is along this certain rd and his reply "You can't friggen miss me, I'm in the middle of the road!"

So yeah I turn up and luckily its on a two lane rd and he's in the right hand lane with his left rear hub just sitting on the ground. Quite surreal to say the least! ::)

Chad
First a Silver TRX, then a White TRX...whats next? Game Boy-Clear style TRX?

Offline Leopard-Man

• antrx.com junkie
  • vg20det ftw
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2005, 09:10PM »
DAMN! that is so crap. Lucky the mag still is ok on the out side cause they are hell nice mags.  You would think they would know how to put a wheel on properly! >:( and talk about dangerous you are very lucky and i too am lucky because it didnt happen when i was drivin behind you through the hills.  good luck with that anyway,
 Â                                       Alex
I am a man More sinn'd against than sinning.

Offline bungs

• post whore
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2005, 09:12PM »
"ahh Chad, my wheels just kinda FELL OFF!"

hahaha i can imagine that ;D

Ahh well, at least nobody got hurt. You'll look back on it in a couple years time and laugh along with the rest of us, but for now have a go at the bridgestone bastards!
:)

Offline rollaboy

• antrx.com junkie
  • i love 4 play (get it, cause i have a 4wd!) hahaha
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2005, 12:57AM »
man i had the same thing on my car, but i got to the problem before it fell off teh damn car!!!! i too thought it was a problem with my driveshaft or gearbox. now we all know better!!
milk and juice may come in 2 litres, but they dont have turbochargers bolted to the side of em

Offline Xnissman

• qld local moderator
  • post whore
  • Speed Thrills - Stupidity Kills
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2005, 01:04AM »
some places do your nuts too tight, others do your nuts too loose & some do them just right.
wheel nuts that is! ;D

sorry to hear that happened, lucky you're OK.
Take it to the limit - take it to the track.
speed safe; club level motorsport.
Life is like a box of chocolates.

Offline chucky

• CRUISE MONKEY
  • post whore
  • WHERES MY STICKER?
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2005, 11:03PM »
to prove negligence you must show 3 things:

1. There was a duty of care owed, ie. if someone is putting your wheels on they are responsible for checking that it is removed/installed correctly

2. There was a breach of that duty of care they should have fucking realised if the bolts arent done up correctly, even if they studs are fucked, they should pick up on this

3. There are resulting damages. if i was you i'd be demanding a new set of rims, new tyre for the one that bounced and if you paid for a balance/alignment it should all be done for free, plus the towing costs that you incurred from moving your car....

come up with a nice figure but dont get greedy, oh and also demand the $$$, dont let 'em touch your car again!!!!!

good luck champ
What do ralliart do??? make stickers???

Offline RichTRX

• sth. oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • May the 4's be with you.
« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2005, 11:39PM »
d*mn! it's kinda funny but still d*mn!!

So which Bridgestone place was it Matt? I'll never ever go there...
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds

Offline SLCKING

• antrx.com full member
  • WATS CRACKING
« Reply #12 on: Feb 14, 2005, 12:45PM »
Phew, your so lucky it did'nt happen at 100km, could you imagin how it would be lossing a wheel at 100km geeewizz it would have been ugly, just be thank full that the big boss upstairs is looking after you!  ;)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #13 on: Feb 14, 2005, 02:23PM »
not something i'd want to happen to my car.. but there is no chance in the world, the people that put my wheel nuts on put them on way too tight even after i ask them not to.

so how have you gone after ringing them?

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline POVR31

• go my POVmobile
« Reply #14 on: Feb 14, 2005, 03:59PM »
Yeah well i went to take my car up today when i got that friggin bang, bang noise from the same wheel? FUCKINGHELL!!!! So i had to stop and walk back home to get my friggin socket set as i have no tyre lever coz i am a total fuck tard. I assume this was to do with only having 3 nuts on. Then i realise that i dont have the bloody lock nut key and IT IS NOT ANYWHERE the bloody RAA guy must have not given it back to me coz otherwise ii would have it >:(

When i  eventually got there after driving my beast at an embarassing snails pace the boss wasnt there anyway. He checked on the computer to see if i got the rims put back on after they swapped the steelies over (for insurance purposes). And he reckoned that i wasnt on there. So i can see that they are gonna say that they didnt put em on.

But i am friggin sure they put em on because i paid 3K for all tyres and suspension AND the following services. Meaning that i wouldnt bother putting rims on myself ever again because i know they would do it for free. Also i only got a jack like a week ago that would mean that CHadza would have helped me and he is damn sure he didnt help me put the good rims back on.

I dont really want to be a dick about it coz they have been bloody good for me previously.But i want a new tyre and the studs and shit fixed at least.

And yes it is a damn good story ;DAnd also quite hilarious except if they make me pay for the new stud and tyre that would not be funny.

And yes Rich if the Boss screws me over tomorrow everyone will know which Bridgestone place it was ;)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #15 on: Feb 14, 2005, 04:18PM »
i had an issue kind of like this where i had an alignment & tyre rotation done 4 days before i was driving to brisbane from melbourne, and the guys stripped 3 of my studs and then printed this shit on the reciept saying that by leaving the premises i take on the problems as my own responsibility, i got no discount or nothing, i didnt know what to do. they wanted $300 to do the studs! i ended up buying new studs from toyota at $12 each and got them fit by my a friend.

sometimes these people should be shot.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
« Reply #16 on: Feb 14, 2005, 07:05PM »
sometimes these people should be shot.

Or stabbed in the eye with said studs.
Doo-woop-shoobie-doo-waah

Offline DAN

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 14, 2005, 07:23PM »
same thing happend to me last week after i had the front tyres balanced not only did they screw the balance up but they also left the wheel nuts loose however for some strange reason i checked the nuts at a servo on my way home from work only to find them finger tight i am lucky.

Offline POVR31

• go my POVmobile
« Reply #18 on: Feb 15, 2005, 03:31PM »
Yeah well he screwed me over the motherfucker (godam those swearing filters piss me off). He thinks that he is not negligent because the rims were put on three months ago and it wasnt on the computer anyway because i didnt pay for that? He is trying to say that someone else could of screwed with them over such a long time period. Thids is bullshit as no one has touched them.

At first he wouldnt do anything then when i said that the cost of these repairs would be minimal compared to the 3 thousand buckaroos that i have spent there. Then he offered me the wheel and stud for $210. Not good enough if he gave me a descent discount i would have accecpted it but now i have to screw around to see what options i have.  ::)

I could get it done cheaper somewhere else at normal price without previously spending jack shit i reckon.

Offline u12nisman

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #19 on: Feb 23, 2005, 03:47PM »
I had a simalar incedent once from a tyre company when I had tyres fitted  . I said to the bloke put the centre caps on the wheels properly there is only one way they go on.(anyone with trx rims would know this)I shhould have checked them myself. Anyway I forgot all about it . The next moning I was heading to port maqurie for a holiday and the centre cap fell off I spent a bloody hour looking for it and could,nt find it. As I found out they were very hard to find around this area so I ordered one from campbelltown nissan and it cost me $55 and was plastic what a bloody rip off! All because of slackarse tyre companies that dont give a stuff. Try and prove it was there fault though they will just deny it. Isn,t  a bit of a coincedence the tyres that were fitted there 20000k later the steering had a wobble to it the tyres  were shit from brand new they tried to come up with a real porky . They said it was to do with the contour of the road just happens to be I was a road worker at the time . What a crock I said goes to show how many shonkys there are out there.