Author Topic: Crazy Johns  (Read 3099 times)

Offline minimikee

• aka TRX13
  • antrx.com junkie
Crazy Johns
« on: Nov 16, 2008, 09:15PM »
Hey all,
My brother and his girlfriend just signed up to crazy johns (the vodaphone 3rd party service provider).
Both moved from optus and now neither can call my 3 mobile.

Is anyone else on here a crazy johns customer?? if you are can you please PM me so i can provide you with my mobile number just to see if its a random crazy john to me thing lol
lol Phantom and I at the wreckers
Me - 'Oi do you have a hammer'
Phantom - 'No, here have an auto-controller' lol

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: Crazy Johns
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2008, 08:13PM »
Have they talked to their provider about it?

If they can't get it working after talking to them I recommend they try to cancel their contracts, I think there's a 10 day cooling off period on phone contracts. If not, they might be able to get out of it on the provider failing to provide them with a reasonable service.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline minimikee

• aka TRX13
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2008, 12:02PM »
yeah I've been in touch with their 'legal team' after spending about 2 hrs on the phone debating the point with them. Just waiting on a call back as they are the only devision of the company that can cancel a contract apparently

Offline Rake

• vrrrmm sssssh pstch
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • quack
    • http://www.tldr.com.au
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2008, 04:28PM »
To be honest, it doesn't sound like their fault. It might be an Voda routing issue.

What happens when they call your number?

I work in this industry (hmmgroan)
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2008, 04:29PM by Rake »

Offline MINI_man

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2008, 07:05PM »
dude i dont wana get flamed but i fail 2 c what this has to do with cars umm prob betta off in off topic.....lol......

Yeah...cool.....

Offline minimikee

• aka TRX13
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2008, 09:47AM »
dude i dont wana get flamed but i fail 2 c what this has to do with cars umm prob betta off in off topic.....lol......

Yeah...cool.....

LOL which is why its not in the technical boards

To be honest, it doesn't sound like their fault. It might be an Voda routing issue.

What happens when they call your number?

I work in this industry (hmmgroan)

I agree, its probably not crazy johns fault, all they do is provide a service to the vodaphone network. their customer service is jsut terrible they keep saying we'll call you back within x days and its always x2 days before i we call back and ask WTF.

this is just a good excuse to bail on the contract without paying cancelation fees.

Offline Rake

• vrrrmm sssssh pstch
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • quack
    • http://www.tldr.com.au
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2008, 09:34PM »
when they call your number, voda is probably routing the call to Optus or Telstra, thinking your mob no resides on one of those networks, resulting in a disconnected error (and you can tell which depending on the lady voice and message).

All they have to do is tell their system that your phone no is on 3/Hutchinson and not optus/telstra and it'll route the calls accordingly.

That's if it is what I think it is. You could probably ring 3 and log a fault that you can't receive calls from anyone on the Voda network. (Have you had other voda people attempt to call you?). The fault is with your number, so as their customer, 3 should be able to take it on board and contact the appropriate peopel within vodafone to ahve the problem corrected. Your brother/etc don't really have any legal/other jurisdiction to have anything about your number changed as it is not their own.

If the problem is not as described then I'd need more info.
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2008, 09:36PM by Rake »