Author Topic: rockstar fosgate???  (Read 2353 times)

Offline hecate

• antrx.com junior member
rockstar fosgate???
« on: Sep 1, 2007, 04:22PM »
Down at the local cashies (been hoping to snag a bargain amp) there was a rockford fosgate amp for sale (they wanted ~$400, bit outta my price range) but as well, there was a 'rockstar fosgate', is that a really dodgy try-hard ripoff rockford fosgate? It didn't look too dodgy, had the manual EQ on it and stuff, but was ~$125 for a 4ch, which was cheaper than most of the other decent branded stuff they had there. Anyone know what's the go?

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
Re: rockstar fosgate???
« Reply #1 on: Sep 1, 2007, 09:42PM »
definitely a dodgey rip off brand.

I personally have a alpine 4 channel (lower end) that i got off ebay for $200 delivered about a year ago, also have a look at the jaycar response amps - I've only heard good things about them and they're priced with budget in mind.
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 2, 2007, 12:34AM »
It's a rip off. Stay away.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #3 on: Sep 2, 2007, 01:52AM »
Amps are bloody overpriced if you ask me... there isnt that much too them.  If you are after something to just power some splits it would be fine.  I've personally got a "Rockwood" which is clearly a budget amp, but i've had it for 5 years now and it hasnt missed a beat, and it goes loud enough to power a 12" alpine sub and some pioneer splits.
I spent money on a second Cadence amp, and it was terrible and died where the rockwood did/has not.

but thats just my opinion, you sound boffins can flame me if you like.  Garantee mine sounds the same as yours over the top of the cannon at 2500 revs.

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #4 on: Sep 2, 2007, 03:32AM »
depends if you are trying to get more noise or get some clean sound. like goto maccas or goto a nice lunchbar. Generally RF 100wrms is a zillion times better than rockwood/cadence 6000w pmpo. The higher end amps you know you can rely on,  the cheaper amps are hit and miss.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
« Reply #5 on: Sep 2, 2007, 06:59PM »
everybody, do yourselves (and your ears) a favour and go out and get a JL Audio amp....  :P   ;)   :D
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....