Author Topic: Help! need advice  (Read 1350 times)

Offline b-ron88

• antrx.com junior member
Help! need advice
« on: Nov 15, 2006, 01:04PM »
Hi people... just got a few questions

i have a 91 trx and it has 2 manifold bolts broken inside first question would be how the heck do i get them out.. ive gone to exhaust places and they are charging near $200 per bolt

another option i have is a friend is selling his pintara Ti auto ( mine is manual forgot to mention) his car is in good condition so if i buy this car selling for $500 can i use the head on it and put it in mine... and the exhause too because mine is old rusted and has a few holes not cool.... also i need body part here and ther so would it be worth while? to buy or better yet can i use it ? its the ka24e engine ..... i've got some more questions but i'll ask later just want to get some info on this first before i go ahead and buy it

thanx ppl

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: Help! need advice
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2006, 07:08PM »
Yeah you could use the head off the engine, they are the same engine.

Have you tried twisting the studs out with vise-grips? Otherwise you could try drilling into the bolt and using an ezy-out. Or if all else fails drill the bolt out and repair the thread with a re-coil set.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
Re: Help! need advice
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2006, 09:27AM »
if you lift off the whole manifold there might be some thread from the bolt sticking out, all you'll need is some pliers or vice grips to twist it out.
if you can get a ti for $500 take it! you can raid it for all sorts of goodies, power windows, climate control, cruise control if you're feeling technical.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)