Author Topic: Speedo Sender/ Dash cluster  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Vithy

• post whore
Speedo Sender/ Dash cluster
« on: Dec 13, 2010, 07:13PM »
I have no idea on how they work so i thought id ask a question in hopes someone would be able to shed some light on them. In the jap spec u12 bluebird the speedos are cable driven, can the speedo drive be swapped out for an electric one with id assume minor modification to make it work or is it too much fucking around. Reason i ask is the dashes from oldish Maximas are identical to the pintara/bluebird ones expect the speedo in them goes up to 240km i think and is slightly set up a little different. The mounting points are exactly the same and the plugs in the back of them are close to an exact the same on some pintaras, from testing while in a wreckers it was the same plug for 2 out of 3 i think depending on models. the third plug was slightly different coz of the different set up on the dash the odometer is not part of the same unit as it is on Pintara but yea  its all fairly similar.

Thoughts, idea? or is it just a waste of thought??

I guess ideally for simplicity a pintara dash if it was an easy convert to electric speedo would be ideal but just thinking bit more outside the square.
"Noss is God"

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
Re: Speedo Sender/ Dash cluster
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2010, 07:15PM »
Best case scenario... you still have to get to the sender to replace it.. not fun.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2010, 07:16PM »
For all the fucking around...

http://www.racechrono.com/
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2010, 01:46AM »
Best case scenario... you still have to get to the sender to replace it.. not fun.

so a engine out job to make that easier? lol hmmmm
"Noss is God"

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2010, 07:35PM »
so a engine out job to make that easier? lol hmmmm

No way!

On all the U12s I've worked on you can just reach down the back of the gearbox from above and unscrew it.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2010, 07:50PM »
Attesa's?