Author Topic: I need TOuch Up paint for my 1990 TRX White! whats the best??  (Read 1924 times)

Offline bigpud2012

• "I drive a pissweak auto"
  • post whore
    • RSI - Adelade Sports Imagery - Clipsal 500 Classic Adelaide etc
I need TOuch Up paint for my 1990 TRX White! whats the best??

so whats the best touch up paint for my 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX??

where is the best place to get it, is there anything important that i need to know as i have only recently purchased the TRX!

Offline Chadza

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • B4 what?
head into Autobahn and tell them your paint code (I'll have a look at mine in  aminute) and they can make up a can for you I think.

Correct me if I'm wrong peoples!

Chad
First a Silver TRX, then a White TRX...whats next? Game Boy-Clear style TRX?

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
correct chad, but not all autobarns will be able to do it for you.  You can also go to any automotive paint store, tell them your paint code (it's on a plate on the firewall)  and they'll be able to mix up a little jar of paint to match, or a can if need be. 

The colour of the paint wont exactly match your paint though, because it's brand new paint, and your car has <-15-> year old faded paint on it.  Some places are able to match the paint almost exactly if they have a sample of the paint on your car (easiest thing to give them would be your fuel filler flap) but ask them before taking it off.
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2005, 09:32PM by Tas »

Offline bigpud2012

• post whore
CHeers fellas, this may sound but to where can i double check my paint code??

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
correct chad, but not all autobarns will be able to do it for you. You can also go to any automotive paint store, tell them your paint code (it's on a plate on the firewall) and they'll be able to mix up a little jar of paint to match, or a can if need be. ------------------------

about the middle of the firewall... silver plate about the size of a bank card it'll have the year and model of the car and paint/trim code and a few other things)

Offline bigpud2012

• post whore
cheers guys!!

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
i actually got sum touch up paint 2day. for the "platinum glow" (silver) colour, it has a paint code of 080/G. i went to repco and supercheap to get some, but both had different codes for "platinum glow". the codes they had were a bit different, but contained the "080" bit.
anyways, i dare-say that they'd be the same.

Ended up getting sum from supercheap as repco didn't hav any in stock. for those interested, the code that repco uses for "platinum glow" (Nissans only) is HCTN-3.
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....