Author Topic: noise in front end  (Read 1641 times)

Offline BEEFY_1600

• antrx.com junkie
  • 1968 Datsun 1600 FJ20ET GTX3076R
noise in front end
« on: Feb 13, 2003, 04:33PM »
I have a clunking noise coming from the suspension. And if u kick the wheel it does it. I had a mechenic go over the hole car and he cant find anything wrong with it .It is especaly bad on the front drivers side wheel. has any one had this before as it is realy anoying

Offline Joczy

• antrx.com junkie
  • feed me guiness
Re:noise in front end
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2003, 06:52PM »
have a look at the front suspension bushes, these are like rubber gromets snadwiched between washers and the swaybar front susp arm.

you can find these where the swauybar connects to the front suspension arm. when i had the clunking noise, it was those, and the rubber grommet.. well it wasnt there!

about 5 dollars for each gromet i would suggest as i got em free from work, 2x9/16 spanners to undo. make sure u lift up car.

after this, no noises at all, but hey its a good place to start looking as there easy to overlook.

-Cam
"It's darkest before dawn so if u want to steel ur neighbours newspaper thens the time to do it"

Offline BEEFY_1600

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2003, 09:05PM »
U mean the sway bar linkrod bushes they are brand new as i work for holden i have to replace these on commodres on a dayly basis

Offline NOFX

• antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com senior member
« Reply #3 on: Mar 4, 2003, 05:26AM »
beefy, what holden do u work for, i also work for holden
The car developed an electrical problem after the conrod knocked the distributor off

Offline BEEFY_1600

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 4, 2003, 09:56PM »
I work for heritage motor group in maiteland they sell mitsubishi and holden but im enployed by holden as a trainee i am also doing my hsc and and the noise in the front end is gone and it was f*cked struts now car handels like sh*t  cause new hars strus in fron and soft ones in the back