Author Topic: Had an near misses or accidents?  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Vithy

• post whore
Had an near misses or accidents?
« on: Mar 23, 2009, 01:29PM »
That have involved wild animals crossing the road that didnt cross to the otherside?
I had a nice red fox in front of me yesterday and i was moving through the hills i started running along the middle of my lane...
it went left then right then left then right it had no idea which way to go....when i first saw it i though it was gonna leg it down the left, off the road so i didnt bother braking....but then when it hesistated a few times and then disappeared outta view i then braked hard but it was far to late and ran over the poor begger....
but lil foxy didnt go down wid out a fight and took my front lip wid him :(

R.I.P foxy!
"Noss is God"

Offline Sik_bb_trx

• antrx.com senior member
Re: Had an near misses or accidents?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2009, 03:10PM »

I bought my old pinny without the middle of the front spoiler, It looked like it once had an intercooler, unfortunately it was the calling card of hitting a dog,

Almost reversed into a shiny new Skyline the other day, never even put a scratch on one of my cars, was just in a crap mood and in a rush at tafe and reversed without looking missed it by about 2cm, I was shaking like a leef for the rest of the day, wonder how many body parts I would have had to sell to pay for the damage??

;D

Offline wombat

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sleep... What's that?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2009, 04:53PM »
I've done over 200,000 km since getting my license, so, yeah I've had a few.

Kangaroos around Bendigo and surrounds, mostly.
I'm so far behind at work, I'm almost retro!

Offline slim

• post whore
  • Nissan Bluebird SSS 1996 ®
    • Pictures
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2009, 07:09PM »
2 big fully grown golden retrievers when driving in the hills ran across the road in front of me.
At a spot where someone has gone off the road before.
Beside that i live in Perth, enough said there. perth drivers sux big time
  • Bosch HID Kit, Clear Side & Front Indicators + Bulbs
  • B&M Shortshifter
  • JVC DVD Touchscreen 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Full Whiteline Kit
  • Tokico Shocks
¤ slim's 1996 SSS Bluebird Project Thread

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2009, 07:14PM »
i hit a wombat in my mates volvo 44 GL

both wombat and car were fine.
nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline wombat

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sleep... What's that?
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2009, 07:22PM »
you bastard! lol.

I've heard of people coming off rather second best when Wombats are involved.
I'm so far behind at work, I'm almost retro!

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2009, 07:33PM »
Where do I start:

Just before I got the forrie last year I was meandering down the road at 100km/h and a black footed rock wallaby actually bounced into the side of my car. Both animal and car fine.

A few weeks back I was in the truck (15 tonne volvo), again doing 100km/h and an eagle flew in front of me, he was very lucky to not get hit, on the same day I hit some sort of pheasant bird, it was about a foot long with a nice tail, my theory is it was flying along doing it's own thing and didn't see me coming, it saw me at the last minute and tried to move but it smashed into my party hat (one of those aerodynamic hats that go on the rooves of trucks) so hard that it cracked. Last I seen it was when it was tumbling down the side of my truck, it was very dead.

Last week I hit a magpie in the car, it flew into the bumper and cracked the paint. A shame really because the front bar was repainted 5 months ago.

The best (or worst if you are a bird lover) till last.
  One of my workmates was driving interstate quite few years back and he hit a wedge-tail eagle at 130km/h (yes this fast as the industry wasn't monitored as strictly and his truck wasn't speed limited). he tells me that when you hit birds at this speed they actually smash straight through the windshield and are rather angry at you.

I have more but I don't want make a huge post.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 2009, 08:10PM »
Hummmm...

Have locked up the fronts, mad swerve to avoid a fucking sheep on the bacchus marsh road.

Hit a few rabbits in the old grey TRX, splatted them good, but rabbits I actually aimed for in that car :P

I would also be aiming for red foxes if I was in a shitty car, but not a good one, don't want to damage the paint :)
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
« Reply #8 on: Mar 23, 2009, 09:05PM »
I hit a kangaroo in a Dominos delivery car  :D

No permanent damage to either, it seemed.
Doo-woop-shoobie-doo-waah

Offline bogan_bob

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 23, 2009, 10:32PM »
Ive cleaned up 4 lorikeets in 20 seconds out behind melrose, SA, had numerous near misses with roos last year, but ive always managed to react before any contact.

popped quite a few sleepy lizards too, they always start moving quicker when u get close to them so you think you have gone over the top of them but they have run into the way of the wheels!!!

Vithy, i wouldnt worry about a fox, think of what they do to other native animals, they are bastard feral pests

http://ozvr4.com - check it out :)

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #10 on: Mar 23, 2009, 11:22PM »
oh, i should have mentioned the time my dad had a crazy person try and jump into his on coming car. had escaped from the local mental institution.

both wombat and car were fine.
nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline sxtacy

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #11 on: Mar 24, 2009, 12:26AM »
Last week I cleaned up what I think was a fox! coming around a corner on dark country road with another car the other way, saw something red in front of my car, then, KA THUNK! The bugger snapped the bottom of my front bar in half  >:(

Almost hit another one two days after, it was running around in circles on the road!  ???

crazy foxes.
nothing.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 24, 2009, 01:30AM »
I've still got cracked paint on the bellypan of my bike where a wallaby jumped into the side of it.

Pretty scary when you've only got a piece of leather between you and the roo.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #13 on: Mar 24, 2009, 09:30AM »
i have hit 2 wombats one ok, one dead, the dead one i bought a frontwheel drive morris for $50 to go bush basing for the weekend some years ago, which has the same engine set up as a mini, so i hit this wombat at about 70k's on a dirt road smack in the middle of the car, it was night time he just ran out, the whole car got airborne and when i landed the car got the wobbles up and went up an enbankment, i was hanging on for dear life and trying to maitain the pressure to my arse muscle, bit of a wild ride thru the bush and back onto the road, we were in the Narbathong state forrest in vic, nearly hit a roo standing in the middle of the road at 3.30 in the morning after a skin full of piss, few birds couple cracked windscreens and a cracked grille. but the wombat one i will never forget.

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
I'm sick of my knob going all floppy and loose in my hand  :P 
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #15 on: Apr 2, 2009, 11:59PM »
i forgot to mention 2 days after running over the fox...or maybe 3 days i ran over a cat! lol
i was driving down the golden way just after turning off mctyre road at like 2am when bolting from the right came a cat....there was no point braking by the time i saw it, it was fucked i heard it bounce around under the car then checked the rear view mirror to make sure it was a cat only to see it bolt back in the direction it came from....didnt damage my car so im happy

also another 3-5km down the road i had 2 more foxes run across the road infront of my car, they made it across and i didnt hit them but me and animals that wk were bad combo

Last week I cleaned up what I think was a fox! coming around a corner on dark country road with another car the other way, saw something red in front of my car, then, KA THUNK! The bugger snapped the bottom of my front bar in half  >:(

Almost hit another one two days after, it was running around in circles on the road!  ???

crazy foxes.
yea i noe wat the damage is like fuckin fox's like my front bar needed any more damage done to it lol

"Noss is God"

Offline Rake

• vrrrmm sssssh pstch
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • quack
    • http://www.tldr.com.au
« Reply #16 on: Apr 13, 2009, 02:06PM »

Why did the wallaby cross the road?

To piss off the skyline driving at 80kmh.

He was nowhere to be seen afterwards.

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #17 on: Apr 13, 2009, 07:36PM »
when my car was at the mechanic I had a courtesy car (VW Polo) and I cleaned up a hare (big rabbit) at 80km/h and cracked the front bar and lower grille, cost me $1000 in repairs, and that's on top of the $2200 I spent getting the head done on the subie