Author Topic: Newby with '90 U12 Attesa SR20DET AWD manual with pillars  (Read 18744 times)

Offline ashman01

• Thats Mr. Man01 to you.
  • post whore
  • Slowly getting there
Re: Newby with '90 U12 Attesa SR20DET AWD manual with pillars
« Reply #30 on: Aug 31, 2005, 12:04AM »
Fraz is a gun....sooooo...when do we get to see a copy in PDF?? :D I live near Bond Uni...plenty of Japanese students..hinthint ;)

No shit? u live about 2 mins away from me. Im At Mudgee. I should definatly see u around then. Right now look for the ugly ass red trx with no body kit on it, sh*t tint and a crappy spoiler with massive amounts of vibrations comming from the boot. Will keep an eye out for u.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #31 on: Aug 31, 2005, 07:19AM »
just occured to me that either i am confused, or budgie is confused.. i think its budge, caue he's an asshat :P the book i have is the one that comes with the car, not the fsm. its got a lot more info in it than what the domestic models would have, but not stuff like aligning your power windows :P

I didn't notice he had said 'owners manual' in the begining... for some reason thought 'FSM'.  I have an owners manual as well, they are damn funny :)
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Jack

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #32 on: Aug 31, 2005, 12:12PM »
just occured to me that either i am confused, or budgie is confused.. i think its budge, caue he's an asshat :P the book i have is the one that comes with the car, not the fsm. its got a lot more info in it than what the domestic models would have, but not stuff like aligning your power windows :P

When I got mine RMA gave me this crappy lil' photocopied booklet with absolute sweet FA useful info in it. I just want the original Owners Manual/Guide booklet...you know with all the factory specs and glossy stuff inside? The Service Manual would be a gem if anyone can get it also.

Offline Jack

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #33 on: Aug 31, 2005, 12:13PM »
No shit? u live about 2 mins away from me. Im At Mudgee. I should definatly see u around then. Right now look for the ugly ass red trx with no body kit on it, sh*t tint and a crappy spoiler with massive amounts of vibrations comming from the boot. Will keep an eye out for u.

If you hear someone tooting for no reason that'll be me :) Massive amounts of vibrations coming from the boot?? Why...Isnt your misses good enough for the front seat ;)
« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2005, 07:36PM by Jack »

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #34 on: Aug 31, 2005, 10:40PM »
yeah mine was identical to yours when i got it, save for the different wheels and no bonnet scoop, brings back memories, but i would say that if you saw it around box hill or somewhere near that than it was me coz i was living round there for a while

as for the little booklet i have one with my car but all in japanese and hard to make sense of, still in good nick, has all the standard stuff for checking your oil and stuff in it

i didnt get the car with the perspex wisors but it looks as though it had them but they had died and come off

any questions when you sart goin the route of engine tuning let me know coz have done a fair bit recently and have some info that would benefit you, especially in the exhaust area

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline Jack

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #35 on: Sep 1, 2005, 12:35AM »
I've still got the standard brown/gold spoke alloys wheels that came with the car but I interchange between those and the ones in the pic above at the moment. Been using the larger rubber and shitty wheels for driving out to the mines up north Qld cos I find 'em better for off road (more cushion). But I'm looking for some black and subtle 17" wheels now....only hwy travel thesedays.

Those side window visors are on all those tricked up Nismo's I'm only now noticing....just not see through. Can we still get them from anywhere....Nissan Aust. says no. >:( My bloody dog kept head butting them and cracking them...arrgh.

Hey...did yours come with a checker plated steel stone guard below the front bar?? I had to wait ages for mine to reach compliance and they took it off the bastards...not allowed here (very low clearance). It was extremely strong and fitted underneath the front chassis connected by a chrome bar...yours probably has the threads (2 aligned just inside either foglamp) for them and maybe a good idea so as to protect that sick ass FMIC...seeing though those Nismo bumpers are so dam fucking rare.

The stone guard protected just underneath the bumper and then bent up 45 degrees in front of the radiator...it looked good too. When mine was taken off I asked for it back, despite no compliance but they 'threw it away'...can you believe that....I was mega pissed.

Oh yeah...my new exhaust system is coming soon...drooling....Did you have to take out the AC condenser to get to the really tight section just below the turbo? Any other specific exhaust knowledge on our model would be GREATLY appreciated.  :D

« Last Edit: Sep 1, 2005, 12:44AM by Jack »

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #36 on: Sep 1, 2005, 02:00PM »
I'm trying to cource a 'under car sheild' like you describe from a fella in brissy.  He has one from a CA18DET halfcut.  Still waiting to buy it!
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #37 on: Sep 1, 2005, 07:27PM »
hmmm, thick steel stoneguard, i would have liked to have known if it came with one, but i dont know, will have to find out when i go see the guy at the wreckers, he imported and complied the car so he would know the deal.

you shouldnt have to remove the ac condensor to get into it, it is a tight fit, i have done it. once the front pipe is removed it gives your hands some room to play but should get it off. also make sure they pay special attention to clearances over the rear diff and through to just in front of the catalytic convertor. it would also pay to get some new exhaust hangers, they make a difference too. but it is just basically clearances and mandrel bends that i stress and then you should have something that will make a difference.

and also once it is done coz the guys at the exhaust shop probably wont know to do this.... reset the ECU, makes a difference

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline Pingu

• antrx.com senior member
  • Blackbird
« Reply #38 on: Sep 1, 2005, 07:37PM »
Omg compliancer officers stole your stone guard! Shocker!

Offline Jack

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #39 on: Sep 1, 2005, 09:29PM »
I noticed clearance maybe a problem with the 3"...but yeah good idea to get new (shorter) hangers. Reseting the ECU...must admit never thought of that...but of course...thanks. :D

Mine came stock standard straight off the boat from the UK (Came from Japan before that but not sold at auction in UK so sent down under)....no mods at all...I'm confident of that. The RMA owner that sold it to me for $12800 (hasn't that price plumeted) in '01.He used to have a similar U12...that is before some bastard stole it on the Gold Coast. He told me that the 'stone guard' was an extra off the showroom floor. There's threads for it on my front axle so it must be true...check yours they're probably there somewhere.

Omg compliancer officers stole your stone guard! Shocker!

It was one of the things I really liked about the car. The way it was installed was so f'ing cool...checker plated steel was cream in color and suited the ivory whiteness of the car. It curved beautifully from underneath and approx. 150mm up in front of the radiator. Chrome bar was around the bottom of the stone guard...visible from the front.

I'm not thinking about FMIC for some time yet (about $3500 to spend on exhaust, sways, coilovers and wheels first) but it WILL happen one day in the next 6-12 months....driveline next & body will be last. Nevertheless, do you want me to draw somekind of picture so explain the stone guard thang?
« Last Edit: Sep 1, 2005, 09:47PM by Jack »

Offline ashman01

• Thats Mr. Man01 to you.
  • post whore
  • Slowly getting there
« Reply #40 on: Sep 1, 2005, 11:15PM »
If you hear someone tooting for no reason that'll be me :) Massive amounts of vibrations coming from the boot?? Why...Isnt your misses good enough for the front seat ;)

Yeha will keep an eye out. Now it has the repainted body kit back on it as well as a cannon with the boot noises. Im at the towny alot so i'll keep an eye out.

Offline Stoney

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • Paranoid Moose
« Reply #41 on: Nov 20, 2005, 07:29PM »
holy crap, i would kill to have a u12 with a sr20det!!!! ARRRGH!
Call me what you wanna call me, i'm just motherf***in' Stoney