Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 3132 times)

Offline bluebirdseries2trx

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
  • new kid on the block
New Guy
« on: Jun 24, 2005, 12:26AM »
Hi everyone! Just joined up cos i got a '83 series 2 bluebird tr-x. If there's anyone who can give me any advice (or warnings!) about the car that would be cool. I really like the shape of the car, and I want to know more about it.
Can anyone help???

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2005, 12:34AM »
Welcome aboard sonny! Good to see that the "old" TRX's are still kickin around. As for advice.... i got none  :-X

sorry dude, but i'm sure that plenty of ppl hear would, so i dare-say u've come to the right par-tay  ;)

Hav fun with it, "Don't sleep while driving" (has anyone else that's driven along the Princes Hwy noticed that sign? I want it, its a pisser!)
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline Leopard-Man

• antrx.com junkie
  • vg20det ftw
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2005, 12:36AM »
Welcome mate! www.910bluebird.com can also be a very useful tool for advice to you but so can many people here.  I also like the shape of the 910 bluebirds my favourite being the series 2 actually! Welcome! What particular things were you interested in knowing about?
I am a man More sinn'd against than sinning.

Offline KeGs

• Nissan addict
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2005, 01:16AM »
Hey WELCOME! :) yer go the 910 so oldschool gotta love em :D
u12 sr20

Offline altima tuner

• The internet is for big kids
  • antrx.com junior member
« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2005, 02:08AM »
yeah welcome, but all these ppl in this site suck arse! lol jk the ppl on this site are real helpful and somewhat nice i guess. but once again, the mexican welcomes u to the site, so feel special.
Fat girls are like scooters, they are fun until your friend finds you riding them.

I am a trained keyboard warrior, fear me you will, for i shall argue with you over the internet to show off my e-penis!!

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2005, 09:53AM »
Hi and welcome to a great site (so i found)  ;D

Im sure you wont have any probs finding out info about your car, i certainly didnt

Offline bluebirdseries2trx

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
  • new kid on the block
« Reply #6 on: Jun 24, 2005, 01:42PM »
Welcome mate! www.910bluebird.com can also be a very useful tool for advice to you but so can many people here.  I also like the shape of the 910 bluebirds my favourite being the series 2 actually! Welcome! What particular things were you interested in knowing about?

Just was wondering if there is anything that I should know thats common knowledge about it (that I don't know) mechanical or otherwise. I'd like to know if anyone still makes any sort of bodykits for it at all anymore? Thanks for all the welcomes too!

Offline Leopard-Man

• antrx.com junkie
  • vg20det ftw
« Reply #7 on: Jun 24, 2005, 03:09PM »
If i remeber correctly there was a bodykit for 910s but i think it looked a bit average.  If you want a kit for it, i would try to get it looking like this one -> http://www.datrats.com.au/Fury.jpg
that is a sexy car! series 2 as well.
I am a man More sinn'd against than sinning.

Offline Xnissman

• qld local moderator
  • post whore
  • Speed Thrills - Stupidity Kills
« Reply #8 on: Jun 24, 2005, 09:34PM »
these cars can be made to boogie with the L20. other swap options are z18T, fj20, sr20. the cars that raced at bathurst had the z18 & held the lap record for a long time untill skaife broke it in the GTR skyline. not sure how many z18's are around now but they're what you could call a throwaway mtr. that is they were going that cheap you could fit it, add bolt on performance parts, give it hell, blow it, throw it away then buy another & put your parts on it. you might know all this though. if it were mine i'd be putting an fj20T with matching 5speed in it.
anyway, welcome to the site.
Take it to the limit - take it to the track.
speed safe; club level motorsport.
Life is like a box of chocolates.

Offline KeGs

• Nissan addict
  • post whore
« Reply #9 on: Jun 25, 2005, 03:43PM »
these cars can be made to boogie with the L20. other swap options are z18T, fj20, sr20. the cars that raced at bathurst had the z18 & held the lap record for a long time untill skaife broke it in the GTR skyline. not sure how many z18's are around now but they're what you could call a throwaway mtr. that is they were going that cheap you could fit it, add bolt on performance parts, give it hell, blow it, throw it away then buy another & put your parts on it. you might know all this though. if it were mine i'd be putting an fj20T with matching 5speed in it.
anyway, welcome to the site.

These 910's have soo many swap options available its GREAT! if you were able to put any of these engines into your 910 it would be a great sleeper alot of the blokes on  www.910bluebird.com have done a sr20det conversion and are pulling enourmous numbers but its costly as all conversions are but not so long ago i had no idea that the these 910's could undergo such a conversion i was amazed :D.
u12 sr20

Offline DaveTRX

• antrx.com senior member
  • All Polar Bears are left handed!!
« Reply #10 on: Jun 27, 2005, 02:31PM »
welcome!

Your car was a great mod initself cos of how adaptable it is for other parts as previously mentioned!

I hope you can make it out some cruises! ;)

Dave.

Offline RichTRX

• sth. oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • May the 4's be with you.
« Reply #11 on: Jun 27, 2005, 02:55PM »
I like the old Bluebird 910's a lot. I was going to buy a TRX before I found the money to buy a Pintara TRX instead. I've never looked back, but I still have a soft spot for the old Bluebirds (I used to own a GX wagon) ;) Do you have any questions in particular? I may be able to help you with some things.
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds