Author Topic: the total n00bs guide to posting images on antrx - the antrx preferred way  (Read 5510 times)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
ok, so i get about 20 gazillion emails and pm's every week asking 'noss.. how do i post images.. can you do it for me?' and i see about 40 bambinozillion posts in various threads 'how do i posts pics?' so here is the answer..

the total n00bs guide to posting images on antrx - the antrx preferred way

when you're posting a thread, reply to a post, or scratching your fuzzy nutsack, you will have a little 'browse' and 'host it!' button below where you type.. (see image below)

click on any image in this tutorial to enlarge it!

click the browse button, and browse for the image you want to upload on your local machine

once you have found the file you want to host, click 'open' in your file browser window

you will now be back at your reply/new post.. what you need to do now is click the 'host it!' button below

when you click 'host it!' a new internet browser window will load, when it does, you will have something that looks like so (image is cut down for the purpose of the tutorial)

what you want to do, is select the text in the text box higlighted (thumbnail for forums #1) and paste that into your post like so..

and thats it, you've just hosted an image.. provided you have copied & pasted the link into your post, it will appear in your thread after you hit the 'post' button.. it takes all of 30 seconds to do (dependant on your internet connection speed and the size of your file of course) but it really is that simple. click, click, scratch yourself, click.. paste.. done

you can post as many images in a thread as you like, you just repeat the above process until all your images have been uploaded

if you're feeling advanced and technological, you can download one of imageshacks various tools for uploading multiple images including their browser sidebar and the imageshack toolbar which lets you drag and drop multiple files for quick uploading.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline B4

• antrx.com full member
  • Nothing a 50round burst won't fix
    • My Site
nice work there noss, no reason for anyone to have drama's with posting pics now

Offline Complexity

• antrx.com senior member
  • Cookie?
What's a pic ??? :P :D

Offline CORz4CoNCeRN

• antrx.com junior member
  • V 2.0 Older, Dumber but a bit FASTER!
Noice One Bruv.. ;D
Only Cheap Wine Comes in 5 Litres...;-)

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
this is over a year old....

so no, not a nice one,

bruv.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline CORz4CoNCeRN

• antrx.com junior member
  • V 2.0 Older, Dumber but a bit FASTER!
Yeah you're rite..my Bad for being M.I.A. for ages and not caring to read the "Before You Begin" posts...such an ignoramous to the obvious..  ::)
Only Cheap Wine Comes in 5 Litres...;-)

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
can we have an update on this procedure noss? Its a little outdated and I would love to share my new project
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Dump 'em all into imageshack mate, then link to your thread. We'd like some new reading material as well!
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
Or photobucket.

I use photobucket and its great, less ads then imageshack and it has an app for iphone and im pretty sure android which you can upload to or view albums from.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
or you can use my imagehost that i setup for myself, http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/

its very similar to the way imageshack works, you can multiple upload, there is no limit to how much you can upload (limited to 100 at a time) gives you all the bb code etc to share on antrx.

and if i could be assed there would be a plugin for your iphone, firefox, chrome and android, but i've just not gotten around to it cause i only use it for myself.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like