Author Topic: what can i do  (Read 7441 times)

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
Re: what can i do
« Reply #30 on: Jan 15, 2007, 08:05AM »
i don't understand, why don't you want to keep the pintara anymore that's working, but buy a car that has no engine and then buy another engine which probably won't be in any better condition by the sounds of the amount of funds you have, then you have to spend about $150 on oils, probably about that on replacement hoses and things you break putting the engine in, and lets not forget engine mounts hey ?

the pintara is an alright car, if it's the ca20e, i've been in one that surprised the shit out of me (eurisko's car namely), he has

extractors, stage 2 chip, twin spark set up which is for sale and a k&n induction system. Now as far as i know, they arn't the most expensive mods..another thing with your r31.

i heard you can change rear diffs that make the car hell of alot quicker ?

1. the air intake seems to be one of the problems & it causes the car to idle very roughly...what should i do?
2. im looking to improve the performance what would be most effective? (im not looking to turn 96kw into a 11sec car) like most pp, just turn a few heads and maybe an extra 20-50 kw
3. would an engine transplant be a good option?

1. It's an air intake leak, go over all the hoses and intake piping in your engine, while the engine is on, get some soapy water and spray it on all the hoses until you see it being "sucked" in, once you found that, you know where your problem is...
2. Exhaust, extractors, cold air intake, tune.
3. rb25det.
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2007, 08:08AM by chr1S »
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline eurisko

• Frankenmotor Builder
  • post whore
  • Oldschool and Newstyle
« Reply #31 on: Jan 15, 2007, 11:02AM »
Yeap, GA13 and 16 but they also came out in the ca18 versions as well. And yes, the GA engine is pretty weak. Its not something I would try to extract performance out of.

As for your comments, Chris comes off strong, but hes right. Dont waste your time trying to save money by buying a POS and dropping in an engine you dont know the quality of. Its nothing but a huge headache, and unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing, will end up costing you more than you ever thought.

I can understand why you'd want to get rid of the gxe, but think about it first. You have a running car for free.. with some SMALL problems, with a little TLC, you can fix it up with very little effort and money. CA's are strong engines, and can be made very reliable if treated right.

GL with the sale, and ur new car.

Welcome to Antrx.

The Nissubishda will live....

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #32 on: Jan 15, 2007, 08:26PM »
The GA series motor is designed to be economical, not designed to a performance engine. The SR has had that job for years.
Your car may be able to go faster.
But I can go any where. except into a garage, underground carpark, bridge...

2 sticks and manual locking hubs. have to get out to drive it around
Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

I Got Baned for being a Total Assclown, Wanker, Tool, etc...

Offline gee-aye-dee

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #33 on: Jan 15, 2007, 10:36PM »
thanx for the hospitality guys...and sorry chris for the mis conception of u. great help. i hope to become an active, and more knowledgeable member of this forum with time

Offline trxnut

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #34 on: Jan 16, 2007, 09:03PM »
I had an idea, pull the motor out of the pintara and weld it into a pocket bike then you'll have a 10 secound  ca20 no turbo screamer!!!

The power to weight ratio would be unreal!
Had a TRX, then a U13

Now i got a mz20 soarer....yeah im a traitor!

Offline 91TR.X

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #35 on: Feb 9, 2007, 02:55PM »
go out! find a series 3 bluebird trx! get a nissan silvia k's/180sx under 1990 (ca18det) put the engine and gearbox in the bluey... and you have a reasonably fast yet cheap car (not as simplistic as i said it would be)

Offline notsopimppintara

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
« Reply #36 on: Oct 5, 2008, 01:49AM »
dont bother with to much money on the pintara ca20e the piston rods and heads are to weak for anymore power id consider just simple mods such as pod filter, extractors, exhaust and some nice rims and ur done for that car then sell it and get yourself something more fun to play with

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #37 on: Oct 5, 2008, 09:08AM »
Lol, this thread is like a year and a half old man.
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #38 on: Oct 5, 2008, 06:06PM »
Wow that insightful, unique and new information was really worth digging a year old thread up  ::)

Offline evlknvl

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #39 on: Oct 5, 2008, 07:31PM »
be easy on him, nothin like the thread digged up the other day,2003. 5 years old!