Author Topic: WORST car you have ever driven  (Read 8633 times)

Offline wombat

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sleep... What's that?
Re: WORST car you have ever driven
« Reply #30 on: Dec 21, 2005, 10:04PM »
when bagging out the Lancer, I forgot about the work Bus at Enhance IT computer recyclers.

Mitsubishi express. No guts.

Everything was shot to bits. I only ever drove it the once. Refused to drive after that.... Gearbox was so shagged you had to wait about 2 seconds before putting it in the next gear - otherwise the gate wouldn't let it in.

Brakes - shitful
steering - vague
Motor... It was a 2 litre trying to lug a van full of computers... it wasn't ever going to be a fireball.
I'm so far behind at work, I'm almost retro!

Offline FalconGuy

• antrx.com senior member
  • new kid on the block
« Reply #31 on: Dec 21, 2005, 11:03PM »
I assume you mean cars that have somehow had the grace of god to pass inspection and be deemed 'Roadworthy'?

In that case it would actually have to go to a 1987 Toyota HiAce can that is currently owned by a friend of mine.

• It is a rambling, rumbling pile of rust being held together via newspapers and crazy prices spray paint.
  • The motor starts on when IT wants too which is generally after the 7th attempt.
  • The lights work only when they want too, which is disconcerting as they not only turn themselves off, but on as well
  • The steering wheel may not actually be connected in any way to anything that is imitating the steering rack and front end.
  • If a front end does exist, i doubt it is anything that couldn't be repaired by a group of kindegarten kids with Paddle Pop Sticks and Clag Paste
  • At 50kmh it is not possible to stay on one course as the van has a propensity to use two lanes, with little chance of correction.
  • At 80km/h it is not possible to stay on course as you are too busy curled up in a foetal position in the back seat praying for a quick and painless death.
  • A combination of 4.5:1 Diff and water crackers masquerading as tyres make it ludicrously effective at spinning the wheels. At 1.8m high and with a centre-of-gravity somewhere near the interior lights, this makes cornering fun.
  • The brake pads, if they're there, are made of Wood, while the callipers are midgets trying really hard to slow down the disc (which, i presume is a CD of some sort) by pressing the bits of wood together over said CD.
  • The gear stick needs a passport to get from one side of the gearbox to the other.
  • The clutch works at 25% pedal but will grind with 100% pedal
  • The motor is a 2 litre Carby Fed monster with a HiClone. I doubt whether it would pull the skin off a pudding but this may also be that if you attempted said pudding skin pulling, the towbar would fall off the van.
  • The body may not actually be connected to the chassis as it seems that while cornering the body may tilt anything up to 45degrees. If connected, I doubt whether it is held down by anything more solid that rubber bands.
  • The steering wobbles, the brakes shudder and the engine ticks. this combined with the gentle sound of rusting and disintergration makes for quite a racket and passengers often wonder whether God can hear their prayers over this 'Matt Black Deathtrap Symphony'
Thats all i can think of for now. I have nicknamed the thing the Van'o'Death. it is the worst car i have ever driven and I have had paddock bashers that you had to pressurise the petrol tank by blowing into it, holding a seal and breathing through you nose, otherwise the engine would cut out.

Cheers,
Brendan

Offline nazstang

• antrx.com full member
  • My Recipe: 2.4 + turbo = One Bad Motha Fucka
« Reply #32 on: Dec 22, 2005, 03:21AM »
1970-ish Renault 2, which my cousin and i coverted into a convertible.   we got it for 25 euro, and got it as a birthday gag.  it had no seats, missing 1 floorboard, no front brakes, no windsheild........... so ofcourse we had to have fun.  we chopped the top, gave the fenders bmw Z3 style flares, took off all the exhaust, welded on an office chair, and wired the windshield washer fluid to the brake lights... so when you hit the brakes, the washer fluid gave straight at you past the windshield.     fun car, lasted about 3 hours, but was a hilarious gift. cheaper than a nice shirt!
-Nissan stanza ( KA-T)
-94 Cobra (modded)
- 88 Mustang LX (modded so much, not street legal)
- Suzuki gsx1000 (modded)
- Craftsman 54" 28 hp tractor (modded :) )

Offline Yom

• antrx.com full member
  • new kid on the block
« Reply #33 on: Dec 25, 2005, 08:03PM »
X3 Hyundai Excel with no power steer or aircon. Worst car ever.

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #34 on: Dec 26, 2005, 09:00PM »
Had to drive a 1996? holden barina, the roundish ones. And mad it handled like a sack of shit. Seriously, was auto so had no power as the 1.3 or what even engine it was in there couldnt move the 900kg odd car. And the worst was cornering. Had shitty cookie tires on there that had no grip and made cornering impossible. And i swear that when taking a corner the whole side of the car would hit the ground, thats how much it leaned. It was like driving a boat.

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #35 on: Dec 26, 2005, 09:03PM »
lmfao man i can't hold my laugh in reading that, just the way u use your words for critism  ;D

- sack of shit
-cookie wheels

hahaha
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Yom

• antrx.com full member
  • new kid on the block
« Reply #36 on: Dec 27, 2005, 09:42AM »
Had to drive a 1996? holden barina, the roundish ones. And mad it handled like a sack of shit. Seriously, was auto so had no power as the 1.3 or what even engine it was in there couldnt move the 900kg odd car. And the worst was cornering. Had shitty cookie tires on there that had no grip and made cornering impossible. And i swear that when taking a corner the whole side of the car would hit the ground, thats how much it leaned. It was like driving a boat.

Yep I looked at barinas as a possible small car. But service costs were too high with regular maintience issues surrounding critical parts of the engine and drivetrain (timing belt at 60,000km, wtf is that?) and i also found the build quality to be sub par, interior was shocking and lacked anything resembling ergonomics, engines were just woeful, suspension would have required $2000 whiteline overhaul to make it acceptable, etc etc. The list of negatives just kept on growing. Their reliability leaves alot to be desired as well.

I found the exact same issues with the Astra a few years ago, funnily enough. Interior was much better and the car actually drove OK, but everything else was just unreasonable and pathetic compared to their Japanese competition.

They really are what you might call "euro trash"

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #37 on: Dec 28, 2005, 04:46PM »

They really are what you might call "euro trash"

Haha i like that. Thats good!!

Gotta admit that 'S' button on the auto gear lever was hell fun to push, altho i think it made the car slower every time i pushed it...haha i remember cruising around a corner once and had to hold my mate up cos he was falling over my way from the car leaning so much...haha good old days driving complete shitters...!!!

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #38 on: Dec 28, 2005, 09:35PM »
Haha i like that. Thats good!!

Gotta admit that 'S' button on the auto gear lever was hell fun to push, altho i think it made the car slower every time i pushed it...

it didnt stand for "slow" did it?

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline Yom

• antrx.com full member
  • new kid on the block
« Reply #39 on: Dec 28, 2005, 09:58PM »
when bagging out the Lancer, I forgot about the work Bus at Enhance IT computer recyclers.

Mitsubishi express. No guts.

Everything was shot to bits. I only ever drove it the once. Refused to drive after that.... Gearbox was so shagged you had to wait about 2 seconds before putting it in the next gear - otherwise the gate wouldn't let it in.

Brakes - shitful
steering - vague
Motor... It was a 2 litre trying to lug a van full of computers... it wasn't ever going to be a fireball.

Oooh did I just miss something?

I think I did, they're all mitsubishis!! lol

Offline STU84W

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sifu
« Reply #40 on: Dec 29, 2005, 10:42AM »
my brothers gen1 honda integra.  whether its because he doesn't care about it, or because he's a crap driver, this car in particular gives me the shits.

its got absolutely no guts in it watsoever, and wat doesn't help is that the auto box is fucked, and changes gears at like 1800rpm in every gear, so going up a hill without momentum, forget about it. at it clunks like a bitch.  i was sitting in the car once at a set of lights, and the car was just idling.  when it idles, the revs fluctuate between 800-1500, without touching the acclerater.  on this occasion, the gears were shifting themselves while at a stand still because the revs were fluctuating up to 1800.  thats scary when you're sitting at the lights and your car is clunking.  not to mention trying to take off in overdrive. 

the steering reminds me of a daytona machine with the force-feedback thats rooted.  ie loose.  so loose, absolutely zero resistance.

he's got these crappy sheepswool seat covers which were on the car since 1988, so the whole car smells terrible, and its full of his tennis crap, so the smell is goddamn awful.  sitting in the car is hella uncomfortable (only cos i think my brother drives like a stiff), but it was obviously a j-spec, because i get a sore neck from having to stoop while sitting down.

the rearviewmirror blocks out like 1/3 of total vision, making a hugeass blindspot. massively dangerous

i hate it so much.
Project Siltara has been chipped, nismofied and getting exhausted

Offline DeathPlaza

• antrx.com senior member
  • Stupid American
    • Ralphsquad
« Reply #41 on: Dec 29, 2005, 11:53AM »
worst car ever driven for me was definately my friends plymouth horizon, its this little four door hatchback thing from 1988, prolly still has its original tires or something too because it likes to slide all over the road,  if the tires aren't original i know for damn sure the shocks are, because when driving on normal roads it has so much bound it bottoms out, lets not even get into going over speedbumps and dips in the road.  the only thing worse than the car itself is the fact that my friend just started driving and he sucks!  the thing probably doesn't have a heater and if it does it definately doesn't work.  the car only has highbeams, but they suck so bad they might as well be headlights.  anyway yah bad car, ...

my civic dies a lot though so yah on certain occasions my b16 swapped civic has been worse to drive, particularly when my camber kit was coming loose and my rim almost came off.  and when it decides to idle at 2 1/2 thousand rpm, or when i was driving with a broken transmission mount and my transmission dropped and exploded my brand new axle.
I have a sunroof!

Offline eurisko

• Frankenmotor Builder
  • post whore
  • Oldschool and Newstyle
« Reply #42 on: Jan 3, 2006, 04:16AM »
1979 Mazda 323 Station Wagon... Kermit Green.

It was my first car, and worth all $500 I paid for it.

For a 1.4L motor... it could pull the car to 140..... shaking so badly it felt like it was gunna fall apart... but only downhill. Anything greater than 20degrees, and slap it in low (AUTO btw) floor it, and rocket upto 15km/h.

Steering wheel was so loose you could turn it 40degrees each way and not feel anything happen to the wheels!

Had tires on it thinner than a motor bike... never drive in the wet! I was trying to turn when it was raining off a roundabout, the car aqua-planed for about 10meters.... had to give it some serious gas to correct.... Scared the shit out of me the first time. The second and following times, i had a little fun with it!

Handbrake never really worked...

Body Rolled like it was an amusement park ride... on the straights....

So many things i dont wanna mention.

But it was my baby... and i loved it!

Ahhh i Miss you kermit, you and ur green and purple colour scheme!

The Nissubishda will live....

Offline Timbo

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • new kid on the block
« Reply #43 on: Jan 4, 2006, 08:29PM »
The worst cari  have driven, well there has been a few but one of them would be a nissan.... yes i know it pains a lot of people to say it but it was!

Its ok though, it was a Urvan.... the idol changed so frequently it was criminal!

The worst part is the Van is one of the cars that is used by car dealership, what is the deal with mechanics and having shit cars (no offence its true though...) 

Well it might not be the case with all but it certainly seems to be a trend !