Author Topic: Price Check : U12 TRX  (Read 1782 times)

Offline TRX Luke

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Price Check : U12 TRX
« on: Sep 9, 2009, 03:51PM »
Hi all,

So, I've had my TRX for about 6 years (I think), but for the last 18 months its been off the road, due to a stuffed engine.  I've finally realised that I don't have the time, knowledge or ability to do the work it needs myself, and I can't justify the cost of paying someone to do it for me.  So I think it might be time for me to get rid of it  :'(.  What i'd like to know is if people think there is any value to the car (and if so roughly how much), or if it is destined for the Old Cars Retirement Home (wreckers).

The details :

1990 U12 TRX, White
5 speed manual

The timing chain went on the engine, which my mechanic says has caused enough damage to require a full rebuild / replacement.
A new clutch was put in approx 25000kms ago.
Exterior : 6 or 7 / 10 - Not faded, marks and small scratches, needs a good cut and polish.
Interior : 7 or 8 / 10 - Good condition other than age. (also has a 6 years old detach pioneer head unit - cant be bothered removing it)

Other than stereo and a full alarm system, its essentially stock.

I really loved this car, but I think its time is up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline TRX81

• antrx.com junior member
  • Loves his TRX !
Re: Price Check : U12 TRX
« Reply #1 on: Sep 9, 2009, 04:18PM »
You could always try listing it on ebay and see how you go or maybe upload some pictures on here and see if anyone would make an offer?     If the motor is conked out but the body and interior are good then maybe around $500 or a bit more maybe.    

If you took her to a wreckers i think you would be lucky to get $100 ?

Cheers
Matt
« Last Edit: Sep 9, 2009, 04:20PM by TRX81 »
is obsessed with TRX's :-)

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2009, 11:24AM »
Matt is right unfortunately Luke, unless the body/interior is absolutely in spectactular condition, you'd only really get more than $700-1000 for it by stripping it yourself and selling the parts; which it sounds like you do not want to do.

If i were you, I would get a changeover motor for it, and try and sell it as a runner. You may have luck getting more for it as is on ebay.

Offline kennykoala

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #3 on: Oct 8, 2009, 09:12PM »
The timing chain went on mine recently.  Bought a second hand motor from the wreckers, and had the mechanic put it in.  All sweet now.   The motor cost ~$700.  The labour, new hoses and prep work etc allup ~$2000+   It was significantly worth more than the car in it's state, but I now have a good mechanical condition vehicle.  While it was off the road also did the rackends, engine mounts, main bearing etc....   good op to get it all 'right'.