Author Topic: Bought New Tyres Today  (Read 1429 times)

Offline mitza

• antrx.com junkie
Bought New Tyres Today
« on: Dec 4, 2003, 01:25PM »
Guys,
Just thought Id see what you thought of my latest purchase.

Needed new tyres for my TRX, 205/15/55. Such a difficult size to get something decent without spending crazy amounts of money!!!

I went through a set of Goodyear Eagle Ventura in under 10k which I thought was pretty crazy (my driving aint that easy on the rubber though, I know this).

Was thinking about some Falkens ze 502's, but ended up getting Goodyear Eagle F1 GSd2's. $195 per corner.

Anyways, the best price I got on them was $185 per corner, plus $60 for 4 wheel alignent, so I was looking round $800 mark. Good year have a sale at the moment, buy 3 tyres, get the 4th for free, so I was like giddy up!!!!

Anyways, a bit more barginning etc, and the final result was 4 F1 tyres, and 4 wheel alignment, balance fitting etc for $540 cash. Not bad I thought. Anyone in Sydney need some new tyres, and want to know more, pm.

Anyways, now I have the bloody tyres, at a good price (well I think so anyways) what are they like? Anyone else had used these ones???

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re:Bought New Tyres Today
« Reply #1 on: Dec 4, 2003, 02:56PM »
the antrx admin team recommends you dont do burnouts and then tell us the tyres are shit cause they wear out  ::)

otherwise mitza old boy, i personally dont know.. let us know how they go.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

SaMmYJ

« Reply #2 on: Dec 5, 2003, 12:29AM »
y didnt u just get 2nd hand tyers with 80  % tred it saves u a bit .. 200 bux all up  u get perellis n all :))

Offline mitza

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 5, 2003, 08:24AM »
Yeah, thought about it...........but decided against it. Still gotta fork out another at least $60 for alignment, and balance and fitting. Almost bought perelli p 6000's actually...........

Im not that confident with second hand tyres either. May have worn unevenly, had a puncture, who knows. Something I wouldnt mess with personally. Each to their own I guess, but as you said Sammy, the savings are there for the taking, thats for sure!

Anyways, for those who dont ive in sydney, its been raining pretty hard past few days. Really hard at times. And the tyres just love to stick!!! Corners are great, point and shoot.

Just gotta see how long they last, might have to stop pulling those seconds all the time, and lunching hard!