Author Topic: K&n pod filter put in... roars like a Wrx!  (Read 1698 times)

trxadelaide

K&n pod filter put in... roars like a Wrx!
« on: Nov 27, 2003, 03:05PM »
I stuck in a K&N pod filter the other day, got it 4 79 bucks from Autobahn elizabeth. Iv left the original box in place like most other people have done on here and the noise this thing makes is amazing. My frends who were there when we first fired her up were a bit dissapointed at the results we got while she was idling and on only very light throttle.. as soon as u inject the juice into the chambers however the noise that comes from her is unbelievable!!! everyone rekns it sounds like a wrx with an exhaust!. Iv got a bit more power but nothinjg amazing and so far i can c no difference in fuel economy mainly because im driving it flat footed everywhere just 2 hear the roar!.

All up with the adapter plate it cos me about 110 bucks, a well wicked upgrade 4 the cash!

SaMmYJ

Re:K&n pod filter put in... roars like a Wrx!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2003, 10:56PM »
yeap thats wat u get with a pod , nice deep raw

Offline RichTRX

• sth. oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • May the 4's be with you.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2003, 11:52PM »
yeah I get that with my Simota - changes the engine noise quite markedly!!

I didn't notice a massive increase in power either - my fuel econ. went up slightly better though, and yeah there's the noise.
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds

Offline FLOGTARA

• 300ZX FANATIC
  • post whore
  • Your mother's got a wooden leg with a kickstand!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2003, 02:02PM »
I love putting along in four really slowly and putting the foot to the floor.  All you car hear is the WRX sound from the pod!  Best investment hey!!!
1990 Z32 2 Seater N/A 5spd
Mods, modified cats, cat back exhaust, HKS air filter, cyn-r-g lightened flywheel, aluminium underdrive pulley, Super HD clutch.