Author Topic: Wicked suspension  (Read 2271 times)

Offline FLOGTARA

• 300ZX FANATIC
  • post whore
  • Your mother's got a wooden leg with a kickstand!
Wicked suspension
« on: Sep 4, 2003, 12:06PM »
Yesterday, i got my car lowered with King Springs all round.  Monroe GT Gas on the back
And KYP sports struts on the front.

The difference was phenomenal.  I can take corners now about 20-30km/h faster than previously.  There is no body roll at all.  Stiff ride.  Overall really good.
I got a good deal from Repco, got springs all round with the struts all round for $680.  Got them installed at Good Year tyre and Auto with a wheel alignment for $250.

I can finally drift again.  Who says you need a RWD car to drift.    8)

Highly reccommend good suspension, she sits 40mm lower than stock!!
1990 Z32 2 Seater N/A 5spd
Mods, modified cats, cat back exhaust, HKS air filter, cyn-r-g lightened flywheel, aluminium underdrive pulley, Super HD clutch.

SaMmYJ

Re:Wicked suspension
« Reply #1 on: Sep 4, 2003, 01:53PM »
ahhh magic , i got peders ultra low spings with stock shockers , on monday i gona buy kyb all around soo hofully should b good :)) so u can feel difference bro  cant wait.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #2 on: Sep 4, 2003, 02:39PM »
Nice flogtara, I was itiching to get my wheels on, now I'm iitching to get her lowered.  Maybe better struts a bit later if I can afford it!

So it sits about 1.75" lower? Thats pretty good mate!
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Xnissman

• qld local moderator
  • post whore
  • Speed Thrills - Stupidity Kills
« Reply #3 on: Sep 4, 2003, 11:07PM »
Flogtara, have you done a quick take off or a burnout with the new suspension? did you get any wheel hop? :)
Take it to the limit - take it to the track.
speed safe; club level motorsport.
Life is like a box of chocolates.

Offline FLOGTARA

• 300ZX FANATIC
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: Sep 5, 2003, 06:37PM »
Chirps much easier.  Hardly any hop now which is awesome.  have to launch at a lower RPM too to reduce wheel spin.  I can only launch at like 2100rpm.

That where a LSD comes on handy ;D  On the whole, yeah soo much better!
Mods, modified cats, cat back exhaust, HKS air filter, cyn-r-g lightened flywheel, aluminium underdrive pulley, Super HD clutch.

SaMmYJ

« Reply #5 on: Sep 7, 2003, 03:06PM »
ey u happy with the kyb or recon the monroe better ??? cus i am geting kyb alla round on monday :P

Offline FLOGTARA

• 300ZX FANATIC
  • post whore
« Reply #6 on: Sep 8, 2003, 11:17AM »
Well my problem was that i got monroe gas all round but the problem was that the front monroe's dont fit the lowered spring application.  So if it got installed the front end would sit at stock height and bounce uncontrollable.  So i got the KYB in the front because they make a lowered version shock.  I still have the GT Gas monroe in the back and that is stiff as!!!! I'd probably go for KYB all round just so that you have the same product to make things even more.  But what ever you get, it will be rock solid!!

SaMmYJ

« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2003, 01:29AM »
eyyyy bro i got my kyb shockers for front cost me 190 hehehe gona put them in on thurs monring sooooo soon as i do i thash it n tell u how it is , i geting kyb all around but ther is no more kyb rears left in aust till end of month sooo i just gona put front in til then was your kyb black n called exel or somthing ?>.

Offline FLOGTARA

• 300ZX FANATIC
  • post whore
« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2003, 04:41PM »
I have no idea mate.  I can't read what they say under the wheel arch either  :-[

SaMmYJ

« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2003, 03:37PM »
i got myne in today its harder then standard . gota wait till strut brace goes in b4 i see more diffrenece

SaMmYJ

« Reply #10 on: Sep 19, 2003, 02:00PM »
recieved kyb rear schockers today cant wait till tues till they go in :))