Author Topic: What you guys do???  (Read 33364 times)

Offline Leopard-Man

• antrx.com junkie
  • vg20det ftw
What you guys do???
« on: Feb 27, 2006, 11:23PM »
Hey fellas! i just thought i would start this thread because i was interested in what people are doing with themselves and i thought maybe this thread could help us all get to know each other better etc.  So basically you can just say what it is you do most of the time.  This could be University, school or work and then where it is and what you do there.  I will start and hope you all get into it  :D :
I am a man More sinn'd against than sinning.

Offline Leopard-Man

• antrx.com junkie
  • vg20det ftw
Re: What you guys do???
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2006, 11:26PM »
What i do: I go to the university of South Australia and study Management and International Studies.

Opinion: It seems ok after 1 day  ;D if not a bit boring but if i persevere i will get 2 degrees in 4 years.

ALEX

Offline sssu13

• antrx.com junior member
  • new kid on the block
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2006, 12:16AM »
I work at Bi-Lo in Mt Barker as nightfill manager at the moment. Its ok i guess i mean it pays money.

Offline bungs

• post whore
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2006, 12:41AM »
I do uni full time at Unisa studing computer science with a minor in electrical engineering, and work part time at coles in a shared nightfill manager position (do it a couple times a week while the other guy studies).

I've actually finished the engineering part of my degree now I just have to a few more subjects with the CS part.

Doesn't leave me with a lot of spare time working and studying, but I manage somehow.
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2006, 03:06AM by bungs »

Offline VladIvanovic

• antrx.com junkie
    • My Company/Personal Website
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2006, 01:54AM »
I do Cert 4 Multimedia @ Croydon Tafe on Goodall Avenue which is just off Regency Road near Arndale Mall, just finished Cert 3 there last year, and because of that I only have to go to tafe Tuesday Afternoons for the first term, but technically I go Mondays, Tuesdays, and half a day Wednesday! :)

For work I technically do Web Design work, but atm its just starting off, as I'm trying to build my own PHP Scripts for certain things for more graphic intense sites, and other things like that, lol its more of a bitch than I thought :P but yeah besides that for more steady work, I work with my dad whom is a Builder of all Trades and stuff.

What I do the rest of the week... I sit on my butt a lot at my computer doing work, designing, my girlfriend <3, church/youth group and drumming there... umm thats about it really ;D

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2006, 08:09AM »
sorry hyjack your thread zander, but i thought this would be good for the whole of antrx and not just sa/nt...

im currently working two jobs and doing study part time/night school...
i work doing electrical engineering at australian arrow ( http://www.aapl.com.au ) after finishing my degree at monash at the end of last year
and i work some nights and sunday at homeart/copperart (yea yea yea, i know... but it pays  ::))
and i study via chisholm to get a diploma in mechanical engineering...
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2006, 08:40AM by Jecks »
I'm sick of my knob going all floppy and loose in my hand  :P 
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2006, 08:36AM »
Finished my mech eng degree at monash end of last year, working f/t now for an industrial/commercial/vehicle door company to get some experience before i move onto bigger and better things whilst trying to develop my own business.
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2006, 10:40AM by dvsU12 »

Offline STU84W

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sifu
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2006, 09:03AM »
In my final year of a rehabilitation counselling degree through sydney uni. 

in the end, it means that i'll help the rehabilitation process for a variety of clients (injured workers, drug and alcohol addicts, victims of motor vehicle accidents, victims of violent crimes etc etc)

and the moment i'm doing the latter, which is organising counselling through the government for victims of violent crimes
Project Siltara has been chipped, nismofied and getting exhausted

Offline Resin

• i have 5 studs
  • nsw local moderator
  • post whore
    • Gardening Forum
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2006, 09:34AM »
im a landscape architect .....been doing that for the last 2 years full time...and before that 4 years at uni getting my landscape architecture degree.

Offline Loop

• Token Old Fart
  • antrx.com junkie
  • Old and busted ...
« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2006, 10:13AM »
I'm the Operations Engineering manager at Soul Australia.   We run internet, VPN's and voice services (yes, carrier-grade VOIP) across a network that spans the country, and I run a team of 5 engineers who are responsible for the day to day management of that network.
209rwkW stock ... yes, it's a U12!!

Offline Gangstanza

• Iexbeta
« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2006, 10:19AM »
CUrrently attending college for Office Information Technology, going to write my A+ O/S test in a couple weeks (already have the hardware part). For a job I'm a computer technician at a local Staples Business Depot. http://www.staples.ca/

:)

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #11 on: Feb 28, 2006, 10:28AM »
I'm studying (full time) Tourism- Event Management at Drysdale tafe, just doing the Cert 3 now, but I'll go on and do the Cert 4 in 3rd term and then the Advance Diploma next year, then possible 1 year at Uni the year after for a Bachelor of Business Administration- Tourism Management. I've also got a Cert. 3 in Hospitality operations.

Work wise, I have two casual jobs, one is at a local 5 star hotel as a waiter/function attendant and the other is just temporary function work with several organisations (Department of Defence, Tasmanian Cricket Association, a local winery etc.)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2006, 11:50AM »
im a landscape architect .....been doing that for the last 2 years full time...and before that 4 years at uni getting my landscape architecture degree.

oooh.. damn landscape architects! :P

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Leopard-Man

• antrx.com junkie
  • vg20det ftw
« Reply #13 on: Feb 28, 2006, 03:42PM »
sorry hyjack your thread zander, but i thought this would be good for the whole of antrx and not just sa/nt...

No probs. I was originally gonna post here anyway.  Good to see a good response so far too  :)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #14 on: Feb 28, 2006, 04:28PM »
most people know what i do already.. but for those that dont, i'm a hydraulics designer/drafter.. however, i finish up here on friday and on monday i start at a new job on the gold coast as a cad/it manager, i'll be in that position for a few months before returning to brisbane to get back into the design side of things. i also run antrx and tune your ecus ;D

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline 3391

• antrx.com full member
  • noob from across da globe
« Reply #15 on: Feb 28, 2006, 04:43PM »
visual merchandising. basically i paid loads of $$$ to dress maniquins.

Offline cheezus

« Reply #16 on: Feb 28, 2006, 04:55PM »
I'm a Dominatrix. 4 years, this is how i met Noss. (serious)

Noss i was led to believe you were a pimp, a pimp for midget monkeys? why the lies?
don't lie anymore.

I am interested by your opinions and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
« Reply #17 on: Feb 28, 2006, 05:00PM »
cheezus, that's gold! almost as gold as me pee (apparently!)

anywho, finished me degree in Marine and Freshwater Science last year. just workin at bunnings atm to pay for "fun" stuff (ie: car and mtb bike goodies!). i REALLY dunno what i gonna do for the rest of the year.... may just keep workin at bunnings so then at least i'd have income coming in! i'm doin a SCUBA diving course in March, so i'm thinkin of maybe lookin for a job after i get me license for diving....

....anybody know of any jobs goin along the lines of "marine scientist?" 
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline NIZ013

• No longer a Nissan Driver...
  • post whore
    • UDC
« Reply #18 on: Feb 28, 2006, 05:10PM »
I'm a company accountant for a subsidiary of Air New Zealand. And no, i do not do tax returns!!!!

I completed my bachelor of commerce, majoring in accounting at the end of 2003 and am currently involved in studying for CPA (professional accounting membership).
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2006, 06:08PM by Teena »

Offline Milford

• resident clown
  • post whore
« Reply #19 on: Feb 28, 2006, 06:02PM »
apprentice carpenter

just about to head into 3rd year

Offline Resin

• i have 5 studs
  • nsw local moderator
  • post whore
    • Gardening Forum
« Reply #20 on: Feb 28, 2006, 06:51PM »
most people know what i do already.. but for those that dont, i'm a hydraulics designer/drafter.. however, i finish up here on friday and on monday i start at a new job on the gold coast as a cad/it manager, i'll be in that position for a few months before returning to brisbane to get back into the design side of things. i also run antrx and tune your ecus ;D

damn hydraulic engineers ! ....we have so many problems we them .....slow arses that dont do any work or take ages to do it or dont do it properly! hahah ;D

Offline Chadza

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • B4 what?
« Reply #21 on: Feb 28, 2006, 07:07PM »
I'm a Commercial Pilot and am final year (3rd) in a Bachelor of Applied Science (Civil Aviation) degree at UniSA. Currently unemployed as a pilot but hopefully by the end of this year I will have a job dropping skydivers or looking for sharks along adelaide beaches.

Current work is very exciting and riveting  ::) IGA supermarket general bum, ie stock, checkout, deli, cleaning.

First a Silver TRX, then a White TRX...whats next? Game Boy-Clear style TRX?

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #22 on: Feb 28, 2006, 08:49PM »
I studied 1st year Microelectronic Engineering at Griffith Uni last year, but lost interest in it at the end of 1st semester. The parents pressured me into doing 2nd sem and now I'm taking a year or 5 off uni.

I'm now working full-time as an installer at Strathfield Car Audio as well as working 1-3 nights a week at Dominos as a delivery driver.

...whilst trying to develop my own business.

Out of curiosity, what kind of business?
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #23 on: Feb 28, 2006, 09:12PM »
I'm still currently at school as me being 16..

School : Georges River College Oatley Senior Campus

School Subjects :Physics, Engineering Studies, Maths Advanced, English Advanced, Modern Greek, TVET Automotive Mechanics

Casual Job : Bunnings Warehouse, Supercheap Auto (i find out this week...) and balancing my own online store, Austek Australia.

Future Career : Mechatronic/Automotive Engineer working for Toyota (or another car company) helping develop the Hyrbid system, If that fails, off i go into Ferrari Racing team  :P

Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #24 on: Feb 28, 2006, 10:06PM »
Currently studying year 12. Subjects I'm doing are- business studies, maths applications, psychology, english communications and physical education.

Hoping to go onto uni next year and do commerce maybe. Not to sure yet.

Offline wombat

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sleep... What's that?
« Reply #25 on: Feb 28, 2006, 10:17PM »
I'm currently a Home Carer - I clean houses for people who can't really do it for themselves - sick, frail, that sort of thing...

I've been doing mosly monkey work - cleaning, working in an abbatoir and stuff like that since 2001 - when I used to be an accountant. I might get back into that someday, but I hate suits (only found that out after I graduated)
I'm so far behind at work, I'm almost retro!

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • rum country correspondant
  • post whore
  • fallaces sunt rerum species
« Reply #26 on: Feb 28, 2006, 11:58PM »
currently a cashier at the good guys.... as you can tell from the ol' avatar :P

but im hoping to get into the automotive industry one way or another... and myabe one day i'll get to uni and study psychology. also im thinking about doing a course in phone counselling...
The old USSR had a single time zone. They had a hammer and sickle in the ground near the Kremlin much like a sundial.
Arguments raged for years as to what to call the timezone
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
In the end they all agreed.
Hammer Time.

the thumbtack corporation tm is not responsible for any injuries incurred as a result of thumbtack. any resemblance to any stationery, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline timstar

• antrx.com full member
  • When only the best will do.... timstar!
« Reply #27 on: Mar 1, 2006, 07:21AM »
Well, I work for a company called Bilfinger Berger (www.bbsaa.com.au)

They build things apparently... *shrug*

I'm just the Regional I.T Support Manager for  the East/North Coast. From Canberra to Townsville and across to Darwin.
I'm not scared of dying I just don't want to

If I stopped lying, I'd just disappoint you!!!!!

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #28 on: Mar 1, 2006, 07:30AM »
IOut of curiosity, what kind of business?

Well, at the moment custom U12 parts as everyone would no doubt be aware of, but eventually a rather small "boutique" style car manufacturer; in a word small cars (like the Ariel Atom) designed to compete on a race track with the likes of Ferrari/Porsche/Lamborghini.

Offline eurisko

• Frankenmotor Builder
  • post whore
  • Oldschool and Newstyle
« Reply #29 on: Mar 1, 2006, 07:39AM »
Currently studying full time at UWS in Penrith doing my Bachelor of Engineering in Robotics and Mechatronics. 5th year, last semester.

Working casually 4 or 5 nights a week in the backdock of Big W in plumpton. That will be changing soon whence i get a work experience in an engineering firm this semester sometime....

The Nissubishda will live....