Author Topic: Looks like Australia is going down the sh*tter  (Read 21012 times)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re: Looks like Australia is going down the sh*tter
« Reply #30 on: Nov 26, 2007, 09:47AM »
- Higher intrest rates, hence first home out of question, but rent will go up also.

it was shown on the abc 2 or 3 weeksa go that over the last 20 years, across both labor and liberal governments, the interest rates averaged to be exactly the same.. so yes there were peaks and troughs, but overall both parties were able to maintain the exact same rate.

- Selling off australian public investments to private companies.

um.. john howard.. telstra.. hello!

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #31 on: Nov 26, 2007, 11:25AM »
With all the wealth in the world, it's strange that we all still feel we have to spend the majority of our adult lives slaving away at the coal face, only to retire and have some time to enjoy life when we are old and decrepit.  Why don't we all work a little less, spread the wealth around a little more, so that we all can enjoy simpler, easier lives?
I agree with you in the theory, but it'll take alot of work to change the system that is geared towards consumerism and personal gains.

How about the tax dollars that could fund return-to-work programs?  Or drug rehab?  Or counselling services so that they don't have such a shitty childhood?  Or police so they don't grow up in such a rough neighbourhood?  Or teachers, so they could have a better education?  Or infrastructure, so they don't have to live somewhere with no facilities?

nah, Australia totally prefers to have a tax surplus just sitting there waiting to come back to us at the end of the financial year.

nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
« Reply #32 on: Nov 26, 2007, 02:13PM »
but maybe how much your job is in demand and the demand for your skills.

That's precisely my point.  Brickies can still do just as good a job when there is a housing construction slump, so why is it fair that they should earn less in those periods?  Equally, the power large corporations have to pay CEOs etc is not necessarily correlated with either the work the CEO does, nor the social value of the company - it's correlated to how much money the firm can make.  More profits = higher salaries. 

I agree with you in the theory, but it'll take alot of work to change the system that is geared towards consumerism and personal gains.

That's not a good reason to not try, though.
Doo-woop-shoobie-doo-waah

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #33 on: Nov 26, 2007, 03:35PM »
I say....agree to disagree  ;D

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #34 on: Nov 26, 2007, 04:00PM »
That's precisely my point.  Brickies can still do just as good a job when there is a housing construction slump, so why is it fair that they should earn less in those periods?  Equally, the power large corporations have to pay CEOs etc is not necessarily correlated with either the work the CEO does, nor the social value of the company - it's correlated to how much money the firm can make.  More profits = higher salaries. 

like "golden handshakes" where the retiring CEO gets paid some stupendous sum for leaving the company.. ON TOP of their superannuation. just doesn't make sense to me. does the 65 year old employee who has worked for telstra for 30 years get 50 million dollars when they're forced to retire?

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline bogan_bob

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #35 on: Nov 26, 2007, 04:24PM »
dont blame me, i voted for the fishing and lifestyle party  ::)

LOL and i voted for the what women want party  :D

http://ozvr4.com - check it out :)

Offline Ammerty

• post whore
  • GT - AHHHHH!!
« Reply #36 on: Nov 26, 2007, 07:37PM »
oh well, looks like johnny buttscab has been finally ousted , good ridance to short bushy-eyebrowed Prime Minister's I say.

I think after 11 yrs or so Johnny has had chance after chance to improve Australia, he brought in GST when he said he wouldn't, he brought in those stupid IR laws which Rudd will abolish and he sent our troops to that stupid war on Terror that we don't belong in because G W Bush said to go, not that I don't think our troops are doing a good job, I just don't think they belong there, and Rudd will bring them home to their families.

Rudd might be good for Australia, how will we know until he gets a fair crack at the leadership, the problem is people want howard out but then vote for him and whinge about the stupid unreasonable crap that he is doing.

oh so wrong - first of all - GST was the reason johnny got into power and one of the main factors in our economy is doing so well

second - rudd isn't taking our troops out of iraq and afghanistan - and if he was in power when the whole "war on terror" shit started he woulda sent them there anyway because it was seen to be in the best intrests of australia for us to help (also don't you remember the australian outcry that wanted to send our troops there after 9/11) - and why are you complaining bout it anyway - we've lost one guy in a combat situation - someone i happen to actually know personally but given his sacrifice i feel this country and john howard did the right thing

and on top of all that iraq and afghanistan are still having huge problems - not coz we're still in there buit because there are still people fighting for they're ols shitty ways (non-democratic leadership)

congratulatiions australia - you just voted in a guy for no reason - he's gonna stuff up the economy - fuel prices are gonna go through the roof - intrest rates are gonna do the same!!
and as for your troops - there staying put - hahaha - so err... why did we vote for him again??
I love my country but in this case we've made a bad decision!

IMO anyways

- end rant

;D
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2007, 10:04PM by Ammerty »
Quote from: SECLUDED

When are you not drunk Ammerty...lol  ::) ;D

Offline Rake

• vrrrmm sssssh pstch
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • quack
    • http://www.tldr.com.au
« Reply #37 on: Nov 26, 2007, 07:44PM »
- Selling off australian public investments to private companies.

Wasn't it Liberal who sold off Telstra?

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #38 on: Nov 26, 2007, 08:09PM »
Wasn't it Liberal who sold off Telstra?
um.. john howard.. telstra.. hello!
yes it was.
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline greenbird

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #39 on: Nov 26, 2007, 08:20PM »
and why are you complaining bout it anyway - we've lost one guy in a battle situation

Wrong! The tally is 3 troops now....

congratulatiions australia - you just voted in a guy for no reason - he's gonna stuff up the economy - fuel prices are gonna go through the roof - intrest rates are gonna do the same!!

Do you know for certain that interest rates and fuel prices will go through the roof????
I doubt it, so give the guy a chance.
He may well prove you completely wrong....
:)
93 U13 Bluebird
5 spd
Finer Filter, Hi-Flow cat & 2.25" exhaust
17X7 Concept 5 wheels
2 inch lowered King Springs

Offline xxxx

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #40 on: Nov 26, 2007, 08:23PM »
i agree with ammerty.

and it was the labour state government (mike rann) in my state of SA who recently sold ETSA (sa's ex-government electiricity supplier) and now we are paying electricity prices that are absolutely through the roof about 3k per year in my familys circumstance. thanks labour, real cool
Noss you look like a cereal killer ;D

well not our fault that saantrx is gay as

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #41 on: Nov 26, 2007, 08:34PM »
about 3k per year in my familys circumstance.
Do you power the sun's light or some shit??? Fark mang, our bill is like 1.5k MAX i reckon, full year, with 6-7 people living on our property.
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline slim

• post whore
  • Nissan Bluebird SSS 1996 ®
    • Pictures
« Reply #42 on: Nov 26, 2007, 08:58PM »
Congratulations to Rudd.
At least he was elected.

Now when the hell is he going to do as he promised!!

• Bosch HID Kit, Clear Side & Front Indicators + Bulbs
  • B&M Shortshifter
  • JVC DVD Touchscreen 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Full Whiteline Kit
  • Tokico Shocks
¤ slim's 1996 SSS Bluebird Project Thread

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #43 on: Nov 26, 2007, 09:08PM »
'cause the Australian government directly controls the price of petrol  ::) it's gonna go up either way, just be thankful we aren't paying the same amount as the Germans, last I heard it was the equivalent of $2/L
...and they have one of the strongest economies in the world.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #44 on: Nov 26, 2007, 09:13PM »
Now when the hell is he going to do as he promised!!
Probably NOT within ONE day of his election  ;D

In my opinion, we vote for who we think does a better job running the economy from our perspective (usually meaning they better satisfy our wants/needs). Obviously, not everyone is in the same boat. For the simplest example, if employees want more money, then employers have to fork it out. Therefore better for employees, worse for employers. Finding the right mix is what makes you good.

If we, as society, think it is easy for them to find a good mix, why arent all of us vying for positions in parliament? Because it aint easy.

Fair enough, Ol Johnny got the economy in a great state, but as other people pointed out, he didnt satisfy everyone in doing it. What if K-Rudd keeps the economy in this state and gets rid of unfair dismissal or whatever you dont particularly fancy, where will your vote go then? Im not saying he will or wont, im just saying, theoretically, what if he did?

Its not easy, no one really knows what Peter Costello is like, so why the big fuss anyway?

'cause the Australian government directly controls the price of petrol  ::) it's gonna go up either way, just be thankful we aren't paying the same amount as the Germans, last I heard it was the equivalent of $2/L
...and they have one of the strongest economies in the world.
LPG FTMFW ATM... until it ridiculously increases in price due to levy's etc.

Offline Ammerty

• post whore
  • GT - AHHHHH!!
« Reply #45 on: Nov 26, 2007, 09:59PM »
Wrong! The tally is 3 troops now....

your wrong mate - i said 'in combat' - as the other 2,  one in training - i knew that guy too - and the other was being an idiot with a gun and shot himself

as for giving him a chance - yeah its a good idea, i'll let him have a go - i just dont trust labour, they've stuffed the economy pretty much everytime they've got into power, but it may change so we'll se what happens...
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2007, 10:03PM by Ammerty »
Quote from: SECLUDED

When are you not drunk Ammerty...lol  ::) ;D

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #46 on: Nov 26, 2007, 10:21PM »
For fucks sake, it's Labor, not Labour.  :P

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #47 on: Nov 26, 2007, 10:25PM »
For fucks sake, it's Labor, not Labour.  :P
Love your contribution Jtas. No really i do, brings a smile everytime  ;D

Offline phantom

• antrx.com senior member
  • The Fighting Ninth
« Reply #48 on: Nov 26, 2007, 10:37PM »
Isnt it nice that we are having another prolonged heated political discussion.
Pretty much it doesnt matter now, for awhile anyways because the election is over, and we have rudd as prime minister whether we like it or not, but obviously someone wanted him to be pm...otherwise he wouldnt be. and before we start condemning rudd, lets just see what happens and give him a fair go....on a side note...i completely agree with ammerty on the iraq/afghanistan situation. compared to the US casualties, we havent lost that many have we? by the way ...what line of work are you in ammerty, if you dont mind me asking...oh did i mention that the people we have over there are doing the jobs they chose to do and that they believe are important...
now play nicely kids...

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
« Reply #49 on: Nov 26, 2007, 11:05PM »
I say....agree to disagree  ;D

What do you disagree with me about, though?  I will admit choosing to work harder and being rewarded for it is a fair proposition, but the way which our society has shaped the circumstances under which this can occur is nebulous and arbitrary.  You don't have to work hard to be paid well, necessarily: often you just have to be lucky, and I don't think that's right.

Something I ponder frequently is how much the CEO of Domino's Australia gets paid.  $700k p/a, apparently.  I work for Domino's.  We sell pizzas.  I earn $12 an hour.  $12 an hour is not much, and selling pizzas to humanity is not a something humanity could not do without.  So why is this one individual earning so much?  Because he helps the shareholders to earn a lot.  The people who already had the money to buy Domino's stock reward those who can generate them even more money, by paying them massive salaries.  Yet without store staff (many of whom are juniors and do a fabulous job and yet get only $7 an hour), the franchise would be nothing, and these people are not specially rewarded.  It makes no sense.

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #50 on: Nov 26, 2007, 11:07PM »
What do you disagree with me about, though?  I will admit choosing to work harder and being rewarded for it is a fair proposition, but the way which our society has shaped the circumstances under which this can occur is nebulous and arbitrary.  You don't have to work hard to be paid well, necessarily: often you just have to be lucky, and I don't think that's right.

Something I ponder frequently is how much the CEO of Domino's Australia gets paid.  $700k p/a, apparently.  I work for Domino's.  We sell pizzas.  I earn $12 an hour.  $12 an hour is not much, and selling pizzas to humanity is not a something humanity could not do without.  So why is this one individual earning so much?  Because he helps the shareholders to earn a lot.  The people who already had the money to buy Domino's stock reward those who can generate them even more money, by paying them massive salaries.  Yet without store staff (many of whom are juniors and do a fabulous job and yet get only $7 an hour), the franchise would be nothing, and these people are not specially rewarded.  It makes no sense.
I totally agree.

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #51 on: Nov 27, 2007, 12:10AM »

I just said agree to disagree because I'm sick of argueing (sp?) and I end up getting worked up  ::)

Not wanting to sound rude, but I think you should get I better job. I get paid $15-$20 an hr and I work less than you. Someone as smart as you deserves a better job (I'm not being a smartass, I'm being serious)

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
« Reply #52 on: Nov 27, 2007, 12:35AM »
I just said agree to disagree because I'm sick of argueing (sp?) and I end up getting worked up  ::)

Not wanting to sound rude, but I think you should get I better job. I get paid $15-$20 an hr and I work less than you. Someone as smart as you deserves a better job (I'm not being a smartass, I'm being serious)

Well I probe because I like to know why people think like they think.  I think a lot of people think the way they do because of the way society is structured - like we all have one box-size to fit in.

I just finished uni, so I'll probably start looking for another job soon, but Domino's are going to pay me $18 an hour to do shift-running (as opposed to delivery driving).  I'll stay a while anyway because a) the working days are flexible and b) I work from around 5pm-1am, can go to bed at 4am, get up at 12pm, and have all of the afternoon to do stuff, then go to work.  That way, I can use my best time (when I am most energised) for stuff that I personally benefit from, not for stuff that I do because some chump pays me to.  Plus, I love being out in the night.  So for now, it'll stay this way, because it makes my days nicer.

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #53 on: Nov 27, 2007, 01:48AM »
Well I probe because I like to know why people think like they think.  I think a lot of people think the way they do because of the way society is structured - like we all have one box-size to fit in.

Ie Ammerty and Cruizer. Johnny said that Labor did this and did that. They will wreck the economy and there big bad Union boss mates will be on TV looking bad because johnny said so.
Your car may be able to go faster.
But I can go any where. except into a garage, underground carpark, bridge...

2 sticks and manual locking hubs. have to get out to drive it around
Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

I Got Baned for being a Total Assclown, Wanker, Tool, etc...

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #54 on: Nov 27, 2007, 08:54AM »

I just finished uni, so I'll probably start looking for another job soon, but Domino's are going to pay me $18 an hour to do shift-running (as opposed to delivery driving).  I'll stay a while anyway because a) the working days are flexible and b) I work from around 5pm-1am, can go to bed at 4am, get up at 12pm, and have all of the afternoon to do stuff, then go to work.  That way, I can use my best time (when I am most energised) for stuff that I personally benefit from, not for stuff that I do because some chump pays me to.  Plus, I love being out in the night.  So for now, it'll stay this way, because it makes my days nicer.

Fair enough, i used to do delivery driving but petrol was costing me too much   :). $18 an hour sounds pretty good though!

Like I've said before, in my opinion Liberal was doing a good job, and i didn't really see why I should vote to change it. Workchoices etc has not really affected me, but I can understand why people would vote Labor if they had been affected.

Offline B4

• antrx.com full member
  • Nothing a 50round burst won't fix
    • My Site
« Reply #55 on: Nov 27, 2007, 11:12AM »
your wrong mate - i said 'in combat' - as the other 2,  one in training - i knew that guy too - and the other was being an idiot with a gun and shot himself

sorry bud, but you are mistaken.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #56 on: Nov 27, 2007, 12:51PM »
what i want to know, is why are all the obvious liberal supporters being useless wankers and causing arguments and just generally being whiny little bitches? not just here, but everywhere i go.

i dont remember non-liberal supporters causing such a fuss when the government changed to/remained liberal.

all this talk about 'every federal labor government i ever known' crikey.. most of you lot are too young to have ever known an in power federal labor government.

talk about a bunch of sore bloody losers. the only one of you that isnt a sore loser is the man himself john howard, he showed a lot of dignity in defeat. you lot are just acting like tossers.

just for the record i'm not a pro labor or a pro liberal person, i'm just a person.. but the amount of whinging from pro liberal people since the election is simply pathetic.

smite away asshats.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline slim

• post whore
  • Nissan Bluebird SSS 1996 ®
    • Pictures
« Reply #57 on: Nov 27, 2007, 01:08PM »
What sucks is the 2 party "choice" to run the country
Sure there are the minor parties but its still between Labor ( what happen to the real Labour) and Liberals/Coalition
Wish there were more too choose from
  • Bosch HID Kit, Clear Side & Front Indicators + Bulbs
  • B&M Shortshifter
  • JVC DVD Touchscreen 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Full Whiteline Kit
  • Tokico Shocks
¤ slim's 1996 SSS Bluebird Project Thread

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #58 on: Nov 27, 2007, 02:16PM »
vote for me next time, asshats.  ;D

Whilst i have strong doubts about what labor will do, i am not totally against them, even though i voted liberal.
The government doesn't control interest rates, it can influence them based on how the economy is running, but apart from that, they have fuck all to do with it.

john howard fucked it up for himself when he announced that he would be retiring after the election; the proper [i seem to suffer from tourettes] act would have been to keep it to himself until after he was re-elected. Lying about GST, IR laws etc also didn't help.

IF the country starts going down the hole from bad choices from this new government, then we can start blaming Ruddy McRuddster. Then vote liberal next election. :P

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #59 on: Nov 27, 2007, 02:33PM »
well said noss

.... Then vote liberal next election. :P

Now there's a scary thought, Tony Abbott or Malcolm Turnbull as Prime Minister?  :o