Little Johnnie
Kev'
Bob
Pete
Jtas?
Noss!
Pringles!
Kranzy!

Author Topic: The election poll  (Read 22315 times)

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
The election poll
« on: Oct 17, 2007, 02:52PM »
Vote away!

Offline Xedus101

• antrx.com junkie
  • It's ATTESA time baby!!!
Re: The election poll
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2007, 03:10PM »
You need an 'other' option. They're all as bad as each other arn't they?

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2007, 03:13PM »
To help you decide which party is for you:

http://www.news.com.au/feature/0,,5012863,00.html

And a better but longer one:

http://www.ozpolitics.info/guide/fun/politics-test/
Doo-woop-shoobie-doo-waah

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2007, 03:45PM »
You need an 'other' option. They're all as bad as each other arn't they?

Better now?

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2007, 04:53PM »
nobody loves me  :-\

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline NIZ013

• No longer a Nissan Driver...
  • post whore
    • UDC
« Reply #5 on: Oct 17, 2007, 05:01PM »
Well i normally vote for Mr Donkey, cos i really couldn't care less and to me, voting is a waste of time...

Barely any of them do as they promise, so i don't really see the point... That's my opinion anyways, and i'm certainly not dissing anyone who does value their vote, it's just not my cup of tea.

Although in saying that, if one of the politicians were to promise to take GST away, then me being an accountant, i would consider voting properly as my life without GST would be a hell of a lot more simple at work. Hmm or perhaps even more unrealistically, if they offer to pay me a bonus for not having kids for the sake of milking the system or dole bludging or mis-using taxpayers money, but for being a hard working citizen who pays a crap-load of tax, then again i'd consider it.

VOTE 1 for NOSS!!!!

Offline FuzzyDropbear

• antrx.com senior member
  • L26 Boost Junkie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 17, 2007, 05:22PM »
Vote 1 Noss FTW!

Someone driving a nice pintara would be better (and hopefully more down to earth) than lil Johnny. Does this mean we would have to create an ANTRX party? I favour just the party bit and no politics  ;)
Datsun boys, we like 'em fast, so we drop 'em low, heavy on the gas!

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #7 on: Oct 17, 2007, 05:29PM »
ANTRX political policies...lol imagine that.

Noss in Parliment announcing, "Mr Speaker as part of the ANTRX Party's long standing committment to Nissans we announce a Federally funded package to further research in ANTRX STAGE 3 chips..." ;D
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline FuzzyDropbear

• L26 Boost Junkie
« Reply #8 on: Oct 17, 2007, 05:51PM »
Noss in Parliment announcing, "Mr Speaker as part of the ANTRX Party's long standing committment to Nissans we announce a Federally funded package to further research in ANTRX STAGE 3 chips..." ;D

And then, goes and spends half the federal budget on importing U12's and other JDM parts for his pinny  :D

He'd also be able to undo those gay import laws they introduced!  ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2007, 06:06PM by FuzzyDropbear »

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #9 on: Oct 17, 2007, 05:58PM »
And then goes and spends half the federal budget on importing U12's and other JDM parts for his pinny  :D

Then he would be able to undo those gay import laws they introduced!  ;)

Lol yeah next thing you know there's an inquiry into ANTRX corruption and Noss does a Christopker Skase... ;D
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #10 on: Oct 17, 2007, 07:23PM »
I really dont care too much, although, my family has always voted labor (except my mum, who votes for the demicrats, which is a waste of a vote anyway) so ill just be voteing for Krudd

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #11 on: Oct 17, 2007, 07:35PM »
I'm seriously having trouble deciding on my actual vote (I voted for noss in this poll, because he once bought me lunch).

I think howard is to old now, but I don't want labour to come back into power and fuck everything up again!  I want more defense spending, more money for people like teachers and nurses and cops (government workers).  But I don't think the super rich people need a further tax break... like howard has outlined.

Also, as someone said.  The fucking pre '89 import rules are homo-stylez :P
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #12 on: Oct 17, 2007, 10:31PM »
Thanks guys, your support is overwhelming!  :o

Offline FuzzyDropbear

• L26 Boost Junkie
« Reply #13 on: Oct 17, 2007, 10:35PM »
Thanks guys, your support is overwhelming!  :o

ROFL. Nice one mate!   :D

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #14 on: Oct 17, 2007, 10:35PM »
haha!! you fucker!!

Offline bogan_bob

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #15 on: Oct 17, 2007, 11:36PM »
Australian elections are not traditionally a choice of which is the better party, rather the you pick the lessor of two evils.

And IMO theres no real point in voting for any of the smaller parties as they will never get to lead the country and their preferences go to either labor or liberal anyway.

Ill be interested t see how things unfold, id say that liberals trump card will be a massive environmental spend up and labor will continue to harp on about how unfair the workplace reforms have been, matching most things liberal say and generally making cheap promises to buy votes.

Cmon Narxysus, im sure you have something to say about things already ;)

http://ozvr4.com - check it out :)

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #16 on: Oct 18, 2007, 12:35AM »
Im in the same boat as Stick, my parents both vote for Labor, so thats where id be going.\

But, while learning Year 12 Economics, i learnt one thing i will always remember. Facts show that currently John Howard has us in an excellent economic position, and history shows that Labor increases *I THINK Government Spending*, and currently a further increase in this area will destroy the economy. In simple words, massive downturn, worst possible scenario i.e. Depression once again. Dont quote me on this though, but i *think* its right.

In plain english, if Labor get in, it is bad news according to history. Very bad news.
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline Byas

« Reply #17 on: Oct 18, 2007, 03:06AM »
Im in the same boat as Stick, my parents both vote for Labor, so thats where id be going.\

But, while learning Year 12 Economics, i learnt one thing i will always remember. Facts show that currently John Howard has us in an excellent economic position, and history shows that Labor increases *I THINK Government Spending*, and currently a further increase in this area will destroy the economy. In simple words, massive downturn, worst possible scenario i.e. Depression once again. Dont quote me on this though, but i *think* its right.

In plain english, if Labor get in, it is bad news according to history. Very bad news.

im glad i voted for noss then...
Nissan Pintara Gli
Ford Laser WRC

Offline FuzzyDropbear

• L26 Boost Junkie
« Reply #18 on: Oct 18, 2007, 03:25AM »
I call a rigged poll!  :D lol. Corruption is entering the ANTRX party already...

Offline xxxx

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #19 on: Oct 18, 2007, 09:17AM »
I will be voting for liberal, purely because the economy is absolutely booming and there is nobody in this country that is going without (other then by choice/lifestyle decissions). From what im told labour will give alot of the government budget to dole bludgers/scozzers/wimen that just have children for cash.
Noss you look like a cereal killer ;D

well not our fault that saantrx is gay as

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
« Reply #20 on: Oct 18, 2007, 12:13PM »
And IMO theres no real point in voting for any of the smaller parties as they will never get to lead the country and their preferences go to either labor or liberal anyway.

My dad thinks like this.  I don't like it, it's a fatalist way to think: you think that voting for the small parties doesn't make a difference so you vote for the big party and make it so that the smaller parties don't get votes so they can't make a difference.  It's a silly way to use your democracy.

Cmon Narxysus, im sure you have something to say about things already ;)

At the risk of being called a hypocrite, I am going to state that I will be voting for the Dems or failing that, the Greens.  I have in the past stated my preference for Liberal, but I've realised that although they do do a great job economically, my personal life is not that affected by a booming economy.  I'm real tight, don't spend much at all, and don't have any dreams of immense wealth, so in light of that I'm going to vote for a party that does not put the economy in front of all other concerns.

Also, I am basing my decision purely on policy, as I really don't care about individual politicians.  This is what I think is important - vote for the party that most closely aligns with your own values.

Government spending alone will not destroy the economy.  It helps employ people, so they have money to spend, which props up the economy.  It's called Keynesian macroeconomics.  I don't know what it is that Labour do to destroy the economy, but it isn't government spending alone.

Also, do you folks think it's right to compare labour of +10 years ago to Labour of today?  Or any party, for that matter?  I think it's dumb to base your predictions on the past party when the social environment and party makeup have changed so drastically over such a long time.
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2007, 12:25PM by Narxysus »

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #21 on: Oct 18, 2007, 12:21PM »
I will be voting for liberal, purely because the economy is absolutely booming and there is nobody in this country that is going without (other then by choice/lifestyle decissions). From what im told labour will give alot of the government budget to dole bludgers/scozzers/wimen that just have children for cash.

err but.. howard introduced the $3000 for babies.. and so he's the one throwing money at girls having kids for cash. the liberal government has also made it harder for families to get 'child allowance' over the years, lowering the  thresholds (i.e. the closer you get to $xx the less you get and if you earn over $xx you dont get it at all) and also reducing the amount families get from this allowance.. so the people that actually need some assistance dont get it, and all the less desirables, dole bludgers whatevers, they get the cash every time.

why do people base opinions on what others tell them, or the rubbish bloody propaganda that circulates letterboxes rather than facts?

i personally think there should be some kind of law passed that doesnt allow one party to slag off of other political parties during election time as part of their campaign. its pathetic scare tactics to win votes.. political parties should tell you their strengths and policies rather than 'oh this guy in the other party picks his nose and eats it'

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
« Reply #22 on: Oct 18, 2007, 12:27PM »
i personally think there should be some kind of law passed that doesnt allow one party to slag off of other political parties during election time as part of their campaign. its pathetic scare tactics to win votes.. political parties should tell you their strengths and policies rather than 'oh this guy in the other party picks his nose and eats it'

Exactly.  For all eligible parties, it should be mandatory that they submit a portfolio to something like the Yellow Pages for political parties, and this should be distributed to the public.  And that is it.  No other advertising is allowed.

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #23 on: Oct 18, 2007, 12:49PM »
John Howard is talking his usual scare tactics because he is in trouble.

He is a lying son of a bitch and always has been.

Kevin Rudd is the kind of bloke you would see at the pub with his really bad Union Boss mates. He has been drunk and disorderly when he was at the strip club. Sorry but Johnny is out of touch. I haven't heard of him getting drunk.

Johnny's plan for the high speed broadband network is utter shit compared to Kevin Rudd's plan.

I will be voting for Kev.

Johnny's constant slagging of Labour is truelly pathetic, shows how desperate the liberals really are.
Your car may be able to go faster.
But I can go any where. except into a garage, underground carpark, bridge...

2 sticks and manual locking hubs. have to get out to drive it around
Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

I Got Baned for being a Total Assclown, Wanker, Tool, etc...

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #24 on: Oct 18, 2007, 01:04PM »
Indeed Dave, i would agree.

Narx, i was just providing an opinion from what i had learnt in Economics, sorry if it was wrong. I wasnt comparing, just stating that historically that is what happens.

It isnt just Gov Spending, but the flow on effects from increased Gov Spending.

As i said before, i will be going Labour.

Also read a statement that, according to a few websites, their opinions are that the "Greens energy tax" will also "destroy the economy"...

Scare tactics... Its all it is now.
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline dave-trx

• post whore
  • hates everything
« Reply #25 on: Oct 18, 2007, 01:21PM »
If the opinion polls get to bad, Johnny will bring up his usual terrorism ploy in Australia and scare people into voting for Peter Costello.

Remember Johnny ain't staying the whole term. Peter Costello will be Prime Minister if Johnny gets back in.
Your car may be able to go faster.
But I can go any where. except into a garage, underground carpark, bridge...

2 sticks and manual locking hubs. have to get out to drive it around
Good old Nissan.

KA's are the shit. According to all the info on the site, they are better then sliced bread and thats saying something.

I Got Baned for being a Total Assclown, Wanker, Tool, etc...

Offline FuzzyDropbear

• L26 Boost Junkie
« Reply #26 on: Oct 18, 2007, 02:33PM »
Sorry but Johnny is out of touch. I haven't heard of him getting drunk.

Ooo, that's it. He's lost my vote  ;)

Greens aren't good for much in the political circle. The only good thing they can do is to have a few seats to put pressure on the government regarding environmental policies, the majority of their own environmental policies are a bit lacking.

Offline harlot

« Reply #27 on: Oct 18, 2007, 06:01PM »
Lol... i had to change my vote to Pringles  :D

Sorry Johnnie
Who's a hot chicken!!

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #28 on: Oct 18, 2007, 07:07PM »
Fuck them all.

These are the major things I want sorted for myself and where I live... so I will vote for the party that will push for this the most.

- Pay increases for Victorian teachers to put us inline with the rest of the country.
- More cops on the beat in Geelong, so stop the endless late night violence that keeps flaring up.  Pull them from behind the wheels of their un-marked cars trying to catch people doing 55 in 50 zones and put them to good use!
- Get the bloody ring road around geelong built and sorted
- Make it MANDATORY for every new home in this country to have a 1000litre (or larger) water tank and a connection (in new areas) to grey water.  We are running out of water, its as fucking simple as that.  Do something about it you useless government fuck wits!

/that is all :P

Offline FuzzyDropbear

• L26 Boost Junkie
« Reply #29 on: Oct 18, 2007, 07:22PM »
- Make it MANDATORY for every new home in this country to have a 1000litre (or larger) water tank and a connection (in new areas) to grey water.  We are running out of water, its as fucking simple as that.  Do something about it you useless government fuck wits!

I agree with water tanks. Except in areas where we have water catchments which we use for our water supply.

The mandatory grey water systems would also be a good idea on new homes. We have one at home, it's great... except for the natives which require little water anyway  :)

Should also look into a dual-reticulation system similar to that in some of the new developments in Sydney.

EDIT: Oh yeah, pay increase for teachers would be good. They are educating the next generation after all.
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2007, 07:24PM by FuzzyDropbear »