Author Topic: new tweeters...  (Read 3879 times)

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
new tweeters...
« on: Aug 23, 2013, 10:22AM »
so I damaged my tweeters, had to get newbies. I wanted silk dome as the last two sets have been aluminum and I prefer the silk. After looking around reading reviews etc, I found the Earthquake tw-35s. What sold me was 'they are ridiculous , that's why I love them', one reviewer said, I said SOLD!.  Found a set $100 . The Diamond Audio I had previous where 1" , these are 1.5. Spare voice coils come with it, sweet. They will fit in the system well with the ridiculous Orion HCCA 12" 2000rms sub.. :D

The two trim options.
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2013, 10:37AM by pedro666 »
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline MattJohn

• antrx.com senior member
Re: new tweeters...
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2013, 01:54PM »
Where are you gonna mount them? I have some splits, which are pretty quality despite being fusion (lol).

Was thinking of making a new parcel shelf to fit the woofers better and mounting the tweeters into that as well. Failing that, the original plan was to just chuck them in some 52mm gauge cups (they almost fit) and whacking them somewhere.

Interested to see what others are doing though!

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
Re: new tweeters...
« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2013, 06:34PM »
I will place them on the dash, the one on the right is sort of a pod holder. It has 2 screw holes under the tweeter so i will just screw it down, angle it back as they pivot in the housing.
the orion hcca
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2013, 01:43AM by pedro666 »
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801