Author Topic: Throttle/Performance issues  (Read 2086 times)

Offline waldogg

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Throttle/Performance issues
« on: Jun 6, 2012, 08:48PM »
Hello from New Zealand, Im new here and was hoping you all could help. I have just bought a 94' U13 ARX-L Bluebird with a SR20DE Auto. The last owner had the Cams done but the idle was way to high even when hot. Would idle at 1500rpm in park. I had the neighbour try to adjust it down to where it should be (roughly 900-950rpm to my knowledge). We finally got it down but all the adjustments on throttle body and sensor are set right back to slack, as far back as they would go. But now i have the problem of a gutless engine and a dangerously jamming accelerator.

Could someone help point me in the right direction to get it back to where it should be. Much appreciated, Aaron

Offline crazy2287

• antrx.com full member
Re: Throttle/Performance issues
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2012, 08:11PM »
I hope you got this sorted?

If not you HAVE to adjust your accelerator butterfly so it is just off the end stop. otherwise it will jam as you are experiencing.
Idle is then adjusted by altering the air bypass. Once this is done adjust the slack form your accelerator. Turn the car off, have someone sit in the car with their foot on the accelerator fully pressed. adjust the accelerator so the futterfly is JUST fully open when the accelerator is fully pressed. this will prevent you stretching the cable and damaging linkages.
While you are in there its a good idea to check your eng timing. might pick up some power.

let me know if you need more info.
I drive like i screw..... illegally =D... wait O.o WHAT?? O.O