Author Topic: Wanted: sr20det pintara trx  (Read 2262 times)

Offline love_for_trx

• antrx.com junior member
Wanted: sr20det pintara trx
« on: Jul 6, 2013, 12:49PM »
Hey guys. I use to own a sr20det pintara trx but sadly sold it to fund the r34 skyline. But now im thinking of trying to find another sr20det pintara. Sadly missed. Miss absolutely smashing gtrs, porches and pretty much everything else lol. So if anyone knows anyone who mite wonts to sell or is selling  please let me know. Needs air con due to kids.Im located in Brisbane.
my phone is 0424271485

Cheers
Anthony

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
Re: Wanted: sr20det pintara trx
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2013, 12:52AM »
Not many around but those that are around for some reason are always on gumtree so check that out.

Offline pav.trx

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2013, 10:58PM »
try boostclassifieds but there is more of pintara's on gumtree than every where else

Offline love_for_trx

« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2013, 08:05PM »
Thanks guys. Yeah I missed out on one not long ago. They dont come by much. Mite be easier to do the conversion myself.
Cheers guys

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2013, 06:42PM »
Thanks guys. Yeah I missed out on one not long ago. They dont come by much. Mite be easier to do the conversion myself.
Cheers guys

If someone has done the conversion and it hasn't been too dodgy then definitely get one with the conversion done. Or get a pulsar with an sr20det instead. The work involved will be a lot. Custom engine mounts, custom driveshafts, wiring aftermarket ECU, changing clutch cable to hydraulic (depends on what gearbox you use).

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2013, 07:29PM »
I can say that it can be done effectively if you put the time and effort into researching what you need. I can say this first hand as I have done this conversion and did 90% of it myself. Jono on the forums did the wiring for me.

Dont need custom engine mounts, other nissan mounts can be used which bolt to the u12 crossmember.
If you get a 50's series sr20 bellhousing (Easiest to source in NZ) then you use that with the gearset and outer casing from a u12 ka24e gearbox. I have been running it for 5+ years without the gears giving me any issues, that includes a day out on the track. The beauty of this setup is you keep the hydraulic clutch setup (using a gtir slave cylinder, I think) and you can use the stock ka driveshafts. If you can source an awd flywheel and starter motor you can run a skyline clutch (best thing I did to my conversion).
Ecu, Ive used a stock w10 avenir ecu (thats the engine I got) and put Nistune in it. Realtime tuning with the ease of using all your stock sensors etc.

Have a read through my project thread for a good run down of the conversion process. 
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline love_for_trx

« Reply #6 on: Aug 5, 2013, 07:38PM »
Hey guys. Thanks heaps for all your replies. I found a nice condition 89 pintara with a forged ka24e turbo. Needs some tlc but nothing I cant fix ; )  has a high flow t4 turbo. Owner showed me pics of the build and dyno sheet with 330hp on 13 psi. Goes very well. dose need the usual bushes ect. And rack. Really in need for a front right guard blinker lol. Anyways thanks for all the info. Ill have to show some pics on this site.
cheers
Anthony