Author Topic: U13 Repair Manual on PDF  (Read 3981 times)

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
U13 Repair Manual on PDF
« on: Jul 10, 2006, 09:28PM »
Hey guys, if you are interested i have finished scanning a U13 Repair Manual from cover to cover, so everything is in there. Some things are different as the manual is obviously USA based so some things (interior and exterior) may be different to the AUS U13's.

If anyone is interested I can burn of a copy onto a CD (as the file is 130,468KB (around 130MB)) in PDF format, now i scanned this at home myself so its not 100% perfect (no faults just few pages are not straight, or edges did not scan properly (slightly light scan)) but for a small price would you complain?

I will be checking the price of blank CD's, packaging and postage for each item and quote anyone interested respectably from that. People that are in the area that are willing to pick it up from me can do so, but obviously i will be charging for the CD and time taken to burn, which will not be that much (prob max $5 per CD, pick up only). If you are super stingy and cannot afford $5 you can come over to my place, bring your laptop or CD and i'll do it for free.

The full scan is in black and white at 200dpi (dots per inch) so the quality is as good as the books quality (may differ on PC screen due to resolution of display).

I wouldnt exactly say that i was ripping you off as these are very hard to come by here and i am practically giving them away for nothing as a gesture to all you U13 owners and antrx.com members.

If you are interested please PM me with details and we'll go from there. I will be checking my messages from tomorrow night as i will check the prices tomorrow.

If you are going to reply to this post with smart remarks about me charging people or who knows what else, go f#@k yourself, i spent my free time scanning this over the past couple weeks, so i can charge if i want or not.

Cheers
Tomski

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: U13 Repair Manual on PDF
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2006, 09:47PM »
Hey dude, I don't mean to burst your bubble but have you checked the copyright laws?
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline JIMB0

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2006, 11:02PM »
Could'nt you make it a smaller file. I scanned the whole 894 page Corsair manual and put it into a PDF with a final size of 25MB.

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2006, 09:28PM »
Hey dude, I don't mean to burst your bubble but have you checked the copyright laws?

Hmm true, no i havent, mehh.. She'll be fine..

I think its cos i've scanned it at a high resolution so its clearer. Havent tried making it smaller yet..

Offline JIMB0

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2006, 10:35PM »
I made all the pages straight black and white (not greyscale). That made them scan in very clear and made it easy to OCR so that the text could be searched.

Offline Counterpunch

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #5 on: Jul 13, 2006, 04:20PM »
So did you do an OCR scan or picture scan of the manual?
RNU12 Bluebird SSS Attesa
HNU13 Bluebird SSS Attesa Ltd

Offline JIMB0

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #6 on: Jul 13, 2006, 05:28PM »
A picture scan, then Acrobat OCRs the text and indexes it all so that you can search the text, but leaves it as a image so that all the formatting is not messed up.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2006, 05:34PM by JIMB0 »

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #7 on: Jul 13, 2006, 07:27PM »
Slow down, im not up with all the mimbo jimbo talk. Whats OCR?

Its scanned as a black and white photo, so yea i guess it would be as an image file.

Im trying to host it, but its not easy being a 130MB size file.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2006, 07:29PM by Ka-Bluey »

Offline JIMB0

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #8 on: Jul 13, 2006, 09:48PM »
OCR = Optical character reconition.
Black and white (1bit colour depth) = Monochromatic (each pixel is either back or white) This yeilds really small file sizes when compressed.

Offline BuuBox

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #9 on: Jul 24, 2006, 06:58PM »
It'd be awsome if you could host the file somewhere. There are heaps of free hosts like Rapidshare that you could upload it too if you have the time. If it doesn't fit (I think there's maybe a 100mb upload limit), you can use WinRAR to split into two files, and just upload the two seperate files.

Otherwise I'd be happy to throw a few $$$ at your way, but that's if you'd be willing to post one out.

Offline TRXACT

• antrx.com junior member
  • new kid on the block
« Reply #10 on: Jul 24, 2006, 10:11PM »
For a small fee, count me in too.

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #11 on: Jul 25, 2006, 10:26PM »
Little pre occupied with my new toy at the moment, so as soon as i get some free time i will host it up.

Offline Abaddon

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #12 on: Feb 9, 2007, 04:05PM »
as soon as i get some free time i will host it up.

How're you going with that?
"Like a Fish???"

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #13 on: Feb 16, 2007, 06:01PM »
How're you going with that?

Umm ive made up another post saying that ive made up CD's with the manual on them ready to send out! All I need is ur addy and off it goes.