Author Topic: Headlight wont work  (Read 3543 times)

Offline lozza

• antrx.com junior member
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Headlight wont work
« on: May 31, 2007, 07:56PM »
A mate of mine came over tonight with his trusty old r31 pinni ( same bloke i sold mine to) , he was complaining that the drivers side low beam doesn't work, it was coming on and off for a while but now there is nothing at all. We tried some new bulbs that i had left over from my car and that diddn't do it so we got out a test light, the high beam works fine but the low beam has no power going through the wire into the bulb. The fuse inside the car is fine also, what could be causing this??
Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Offline lozza

• D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Re: Headlight wont work
« Reply #1 on: Jun 1, 2007, 08:57PM »
Found the problem with a little bit more of a look and a few more tools, the contacts inside of the indicator stalk in the car just need a little bit of  tweaking and all is good for now but he'll need a new switch before long.

Offline wombat

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sleep... What's that?
« Reply #2 on: Jun 1, 2007, 10:26PM »
Exactly what I was going to suggest, as Old George spat his driver's low beam the other day. Turned out to be that the fancy pants globes had melted the holder thing, but yeah.

The auto elec told me that Drivers and Passengers hi/low beam are separate circuits. Makes sense now that I know there's LH and RH fuses.
I'm so far behind at work, I'm almost retro!

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 3, 2007, 11:50PM »
I think there's LH and RH relays too.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Ironic

« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2008, 12:14PM »

hmm, i had the same issues my lights were a mess, then a mechanic friend messed with the switch to temporarily fix the problem, my lights kept coming on in the middle of the night! 6months or so later i had to have the wiring sorted out as i was getting no lights at all by that stage.
Then another few months later they started switching on in the night again so had to get the indicator replaced.

seems both wiring and indicators can be a problem and it seemed to start with one highbeam and worsen in my case also.