Author Topic: our future car plans  (Read 8650 times)

Offline Deanodriver

• antrx.com full member
Re:our future car plans
« Reply #30 on: Aug 27, 2003, 02:56AM »
I doubt i'll spend too much money on my Pintara, get a half decent stereo happening, and then probably just leave it stock, and save for another car (probably something like an EF Falcon)

I want the extra power, and I'd rather a larger (and newer) car.
Former Pintara owner, now driving a Pug!

Offline FLOGTARA

• 300ZX FANATIC
  • post whore
  • Your mother's got a wooden leg with a kickstand!
« Reply #31 on: Aug 27, 2003, 05:26PM »
EF's are cheap as, reliable...My dad has got one.  P.s. they dont have that much power, cuz i raced my dad and beat him in it.  And i have a GLI too.. ;D
1990 Z32 2 Seater N/A 5spd
Mods, modified cats, cat back exhaust, HKS air filter, cyn-r-g lightened flywheel, aluminium underdrive pulley, Super HD clutch.

Offline Pinsair

• ka24e owner
  • post whore
« Reply #32 on: Aug 27, 2003, 08:04PM »
you beat an ef falcon in a gli!!  :o :o :o
man there like 157 kw u sure u dont mean an xf?

89tipintara

« Reply #33 on: Aug 27, 2003, 08:26PM »
well at the moment my plans have stalled for my car. i had a nice job lined up in brisbane but i just found out that fell through. the ceo of the company is going through court for police corruption and is linked to some people involved in bombings around australia, so i left. anyways that means i have to wait for a while before a commence work on my car. my priorities have changed a little, an oil leak has helped that. when the engine comes out to fix that i will have it match ported, cam done, thinking now about solid lifter conversion thanks to sssgtr. once i have a little more go then dump it on 17's. my 16's look to small. i thinks thats because of the length of the car. anyway so thats my plans for now.

Offline deanx0r

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #34 on: Aug 27, 2003, 09:27PM »
Definitely gotta do something about my shocks. So if I could get myself enough money I'd do some Koni's all round. Would look into some whiteline swaybars to get the car nice and stiff. Getting enough power from the car at the moment, and can't really do anything to the engine as I've got a warranty on that for the next 12 months. Already done extractors/exhaust so probably just look doing some nice 16" wheels as well. :) Oh gotta do a CAI too!

edit: woo finally made 100 posts!  :super:
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2003, 09:30PM by deanx0r »

Offline Deanodriver

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #35 on: Aug 27, 2003, 11:07PM »
EF's are cheap as, reliable...My dad has got one.  P.s. they dont have that much power, cuz i raced my dad and beat him in it.  And i have a GLI too.. ;D

yeah, but it'd be a shitload faster than an auto R31 Pintara wagon...
plus, who says it would remain stock?

I just don't see the point of doing any performance mods to this car, they'd make SFA difference...
Former Pintara owner, now driving a Pug!

Offline fmx_rider

• west oz local moderator
  • antrx.com senior member
  • TRX? Nope.........WRX!
    • Fmx_Rider's Motocross Site
« Reply #36 on: Aug 28, 2003, 02:55PM »
Within approx next month:
3" stainless mandrel bent turbo back exhaust with hi flow cat & muffler
Adjustable 22mm rear swaybar and maybe links
Turbo timer
Alpine cd deck and MB quart 6 1/2 splits
CAI
Got my exhaust fitted today! As per above specs...sounds awesome, bit loud (and it was meant to be one of the quieter ones around!)..about to go for a *quick* spin...just took the old exhaust out of the boot. Also got a K&N filter panel for good measure (keeping stock airbox atm)..will plumb up a CAI when I get time. The shop was great. Tested the boost (I have no gauge)...it spikes at 16psi then drops back to about 12psi (stock is 14psi top).
Next..turbo timer and stereo!
MY98 WRX...work in progress: 3 inch SS turbo back exhaust, high-flow cat, K&N air filter, SPS silicone Y pipe kit, TMIC tilt mod & waterspray @ 8psi, scoop splitter, meshed MY99/00 frontbar + full colorcoding, clear indicators front/side, blue badge; Formula Ferodo TS2000 brake pads, Whiteline 22mm adustable rear swaybar with HD gold links, front strut brace; stereo consisting of Alpine, MB Quart, Eclipse & Rockford Fosgate components + IPOD dock...Next month LINK ECU & more boost (previous ride modded 1989 Pintara T)

Offline FLOGTARA

• 300ZX FANATIC
  • post whore
  • Your mother's got a wooden leg with a kickstand!
« Reply #37 on: Sep 1, 2003, 05:33PM »
Not crapping you GLI.  My dad and i raced a few times.  I beat him by a hair each time, probably just a nose, but thats still a win.  They have heaps of torque but no top end.  EF yes XF's are very very slow.   I raced him on the highway too.  From 95ish i just pulled about 1/2 car to about 160 then he started to catch a little.

They weigh 1560kgs to so they are not exactly the lighest car around lol
1990 Z32 2 Seater N/A 5spd
Mods, modified cats, cat back exhaust, HKS air filter, cyn-r-g lightened flywheel, aluminium underdrive pulley, Super HD clutch.