Author Topic: clutch  (Read 1443 times)

Offline 92bronzepearl

• antrx.com junior member
  • my 92 bronze pearl stanza
clutch
« on: Jun 16, 2007, 02:10PM »
Hey guy me again, just the other day on my other stanza i was driving just fine and when i got out of the car, it smelled like burned up brake, but i was told that its the clutch that is burning.

Q. can i still drive the car like that?

i was told that the smell goes away, but i dont want to risk it. What should i do? ???
NISMO

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: clutch
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2007, 02:26AM »
Yeah, you can drive it without hurting anything, but it must have been burning for a reason.

Were you driving it hard or doing rough shifts before you parked it?

Did you have your foot resting on the pedal?

Did you notice the engine revving like it was in neutral when you put your foot down?
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline 92bronzepearl

• antrx.com junior member
  • my 92 bronze pearl stanza
Re: clutch
« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2007, 01:41PM »
i was dropping my girl at work, when i was driving back i noticed that the light was red so i down shifted from 4th to third, and as i was slowing down i put it in neutral then the light quickly changed green, i was going at a not so fast speed(like 2nd gear speed) and i notice someone behind me was coming very fast so i put it in 3rd and noticed that the car was dragging didnt want to go fast then i put it in 2nd and drove to the nissan dealer to pick up parts, when i came out of the car i noticed the smell, then on the way home i saw smoke from the passenger side like near the tire, i quickly went to my job and checked the brakes but they were fine. i quickly got the other car out and parked it.
NISMO