Author Topic: u13 bluebird sss sr20DET gearbox/clutch problems  (Read 3537 times)

Offline kltracing

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
u13 bluebird sss sr20DET gearbox/clutch problems
« on: Oct 19, 2009, 10:00PM »
hey there guys looking for some advise I have a u13 4wd bluebird import that had a blown gear box I sourced a gearbox from a gtir and put it in. Now the car drives but it feels as though the clutch is slipping, it could be the clutch but if I give it heaps you can't smell the clutch burning.  Could it possibly be the front viscous clutch, I didn't put the original transfer in. I am reasonably confident that the clutch is ok and are chasing other options before removing the box again. any help or advice would be appreciated.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: u13 bluebird sss sr20DET gearbox/clutch problems
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2009, 10:58PM »
hummmm...

centre diff borked?

I'm not certain from memory, but I'm pretty sure the GTiR and the U12/U13 SR20DET powered bluebirds have the same rear diff/transfer case ratio. However, I maybe wrong and fitting the GTiR gearbox with the U13 transfer case may fix the problem (front/rear final drive ratio is inside the front transfer case and rear diff, they MUST match).
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
Re: u13 bluebird sss sr20DET gearbox/clutch problems
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2009, 01:04PM »
I think you may be onto something there budge....

I believe that the gtir's have a different rear diff ratio, where as manual and auto bluebirds have different final drive ratio which is why you don't have to worry about the transfere case when converting from auto to manual.

I'll have a dig through bluebirdcarclub and see if I can find where I read it.
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph