Author Topic: Removing Rear Seats  (Read 2377 times)

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
  • 5.7L LS1 oooh yeah baby!
Removing Rear Seats
« on: Sep 29, 2005, 08:15PM »
Welp, i've removed the rear seat arse rest by removing the two bolts near the bottom of it but i'm stuck on removing the rear seat back rest.
I'm removed the two screws (one on each side) which sit just above the arse rest but I can't get it out.
I pulled the top back and saw it was hooked on to two metal hooks but it also appeared to be screwed in, in three places, around the centre of the back rest.
Am I missing something?
I can't work out how to access the screws which appear to be holding it in place.
Cheers.

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
Re: Removing Rear Seats
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2005, 08:26PM »
First question, have you got the hole in the seat that goes into the boot??
If you do, open it so you can see into the boot and remove the little flap that you can see at the bottom.

There will be 2 screws there, undo them and just pull the seat up. Thats all you need.

« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2005, 08:32PM by Ka-Bluey »

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2005, 08:30PM »
Yerp, got the rear centre armrest but it doesn't go into the boot (its been walled off with cardboard  ::) nice one Nissan)...
Yerp, pics would be good  ;D

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2005, 11:18PM »
Okay I removed my old seats, just had to open up the centre console, remove two plastic screw coverers, and unscrew the screws.

My SSS seats are from a series 2 U13 and have different trim and rear armrest ski port design, i'll take some pics tomorrow.
My car had one of those Rake patented dodgy Strathfield alarm and stereo installation. The installers have removed my rear seats in order to access the speakers and run cabling for the alarm attached to the boot. They have then probably lost the two screws (one on each side) that holds the rear back rest tightly in place. I need to find some screws which fit *looks at Ka-Bluey*  :P
If you could take some pics of the screws or show me when you or I come round, i'll try and find some at Bunnings or Supercheap.
Cheers mate.

Offline Rake

• vrrrmm sssssh pstch
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • quack
    • http://www.tldr.com.au
« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2005, 11:19PM »
Hehehe ;)

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2005, 11:07AM »
Good to hear you got them out Alister.

Hmm not to sure which screws you talking about, all this talk about screws is confusing me.

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2005, 06:29PM »
Took another look at your pics mate and I managed to find those two screw holes after I pulled out that leather cover thing (its still attached but I haven't put it back in correctly, can't work out how.
Screwed the two screws in and now the rear seats are finally secure :)
I love how Nissan skimped on the LX by not including a ski port - they had the metal bracket with the hole cut out for the ski port but covered the hole in the back of the LX seats with cardboard  ::)