Author Topic: Hmmmm car not holding Charge.  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Koha

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Hmmmm car not holding Charge.
« on: Jan 7, 2011, 03:22PM »
Hi guys im having abit of an issue with my U13 SSS 4wd SR20DET, i've just got it back from the mechanics after putting a new clutch/fly wheel in, and my car is not holding charge, The battery is brand new less then 6months old, the Alternator is less then 8 months old and its struggling to start. Now the battery has been moved to the boot and the look of the engine bay is there is some dodgy wiring.

The negative of the battery has gone right to the chassis of the boot on the left hand side so. I'm thinking the Earth isnt good enough im just trying to confirm my suspisions. Should i run a few more earth cables from the engine to the Chassis and then run it from the battery to the engine or just put 1 more ground to the boot of the car in a different area?

It runs fine there is a slight rpm fluxuation on start up but evens out after 10 seconds or if i hold the accelerator.

It really has me baffled. (and in case anyone knows i have Jeffridos old U13 so maybe some people will remember it.)

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
Re: Hmmmm car not holding Charge.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 7, 2011, 03:41PM »
I own a u12 sr20det and have also moved my battery to the boot. One of the first things to check is it's a good ground in the boot? Make sure there is no paint where the ground is bolted to the body. Make sure its on a good part to ground to, no a piece that has been tack welded on or anything like that. If in doubt run another ground. It won't hurt if you do. I have two grounds for mine.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline SRU13

• antrx.com junior member
Re: Hmmmm car not holding Charge.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 8, 2011, 05:48PM »
Mine recently started doing this also but i since fitted a new battery and problem has now gone so id get your battery checked just tobe sure as coming into summer/winter is the normal time batteries die so get ti checked while under warranty