Author Topic: U13 Upgrades  (Read 1513 times)

Offline u13atessa91

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
U13 Upgrades
« on: Mar 7, 2009, 11:18AM »
Hey all, following up from my post in the "start here..." section in the general forums im looking to do the next step of upgrades to my 'bird and have a few questions which are probably covered already in these forums somewhere but havent scanned through as yet.

Anyway, manifolds for GTiRs are they a straight fit and therefore are aftermarket fabricated manifolds for the GTiRs also an option for the bluebirds?

Injector wise, will any injectors for sr20's (eg s13,14,15) fit or are they different to the horizontally opposed setups?

With upgrading the intercooler i have noticed that most people have used the standard holes in the lower support beam but has anyone enlarged them or found a way to get the piping to work without reducing it from the turbo? (i forget if its 3" from the turbo or smaller) Im looking to do the intercooler first up and have been looking at a couple of the sites mentioned in the posts here and was wondering if the kits for GTiRs are suitable for the u13s also?

Thanks for any info
Andrew

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
Re: U13 Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: Mar 7, 2009, 06:55PM »
gti-r mainfold will bolt onto the head no problem, it spaces the turbo further away from the block and a little to the left iirc. So there will need to be some plumbing modification (dump, intake pipes)

Injectors, any of the sr silvia ones will fit, infact any sr20det ones will fit bar the gti-r ones (as i'm sure you know new injectors = tune/managment upgrade)

hmmmm intercooler wise, i'm not sure about the gti-r kits fitting. I know that they actually go under the support beam on the gtir's as they don't have holes from the factory. Unless you're planning on running a monster turbo 3" intercooling piping is way to big imo. I would go no bigger then 2.5inch unless chasing big numbers. Infact if it's only a mild turbo upgrade the stock piping should be fine. most t28 frame turbos have around 2inch outlets.

Bring on the questions if you have any more! :)

1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph