Author Topic: Boost leak  (Read 1689 times)

Offline beejay85

• antrx.com junior member
Boost leak
« on: May 7, 2007, 09:41PM »
hey guys,
im having a bit of a problem atm. basically my car seems to be losing boost. when its cool (?) it will run the normal boost, but then after it heats up or i turn it off after driving it for a bit the boost seems to drop a bit.......sorry not real descriptive but im not sure how else to describe it. But anyway one of my mates said it might be a crack/leak in an intercooler pipe. Which expands as the air gets hot therefore letting the air out. His suggestion makes sense. But is there any other ideas or is he likely to be on the right track. I have a GFB boost tee installed if that makes any diffrence.

And does anyone know if the gtir front mount piping fits on the attesa's???

Thanks for any help
Brendan

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: Boost leak
« Reply #1 on: May 7, 2007, 09:51PM »
Brendan... the GTiR's run a top mount.  If your ATTESA is a U13 it already has a factory fitted front mount IC.

As for your boost leak.  Go over all the joins with a fine tooth comb.  Or rather, a good torch a rag to clean it all up and look very carefully!
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline beejay85

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #2 on: May 7, 2007, 10:01PM »
at the risk of sounding stupid. i know the gtir has a top mount but i was thinking about repalceing the cooler piping on my u13 and using the gtir front mount piping. If u get wat i mean....or is that just a stupid idea?

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #3 on: May 7, 2007, 10:05PM »
Its been done on GTiR's, its not that stupid.  The GTiR stock cooler is a pretty good IC really, just located badly.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist