Author Topic: HNU12 SR20DET GEARBOX ATTESSA  (Read 6670 times)

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
HNU12 SR20DET GEARBOX ATTESSA
« on: Mar 8, 2011, 02:15AM »
Hi  guys,

After I put in a new clutch and put in a set of prothane engine mounts... My gear box decide to blow 1st gear.... I was reading some post in here and I saw the GTiR and the U13 will fit.. What other options are out there?.. I heard that the inside components are not the same as a normal SR20 gearbox....

My actual question is.. the gearxbox from the GTiR and the U13 are the only option I have?..

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: HNU12 SR20DET GEARBOX ATTESSA
« Reply #1 on: Mar 8, 2011, 07:47AM »
Don't quote me, someone else will be able to tell you 100%, but I think the FWD's 50 series boxes GEARSET will work, not all of it but some components.

But your best bet is a GTiR or U13 box for sure, U13 if you want the front viscous.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #2 on: Mar 8, 2011, 08:27AM »
 Thxs Budgie....I was afraid to hear that but well here I go again  :-\ .. The car just went out of the shop last Friday and now is going back.... but I appreciate the help though...  :)

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 9, 2011, 09:40AM »
I rebuilt my box using gears out of a ka24 pintara. Used a u13 bearing set from cbc for 5/6 bearings. The final bearing was a special order from nissan japan. I have a thread about 6 months old that goes into greater detail with part no's and such if you can find it... Bit hard to link it for you from my phone.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #4 on: Mar 9, 2011, 12:28PM »
First gear and reverse are  gone.... 2nd-3rd-4th-5th work.... but I had to drive it like 8km to get to my house and it the gearbox sound like it was a world war inside  :-\...  What you guys recommend because i am about to buy a U12-13 gearbox from Japan.....

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 9, 2011, 05:39PM »
Cost me about $500 to rebuild, didn't have to pay for labour, if you can get a second hand box for around that, then your far better off, lots of work / special tools required.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #6 on: Mar 9, 2011, 10:40PM »
Thats what I  was told... They are offering me a  U12-13 for an  imported one from Japan in $600USD  and also a GTiR for $500USD but I heard from a guy who has the same car as me and said that the GTiR will break the part that gives the traction to the back wheels(I DK HOW TO PUT IT ON ENGLISH) because that happened to him. All those $$$ are without including what the mechanic is going to charge me......But I apreciate the tip Luke...

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2011, 02:48PM »
 >:( >:(... The guy let the gearbox go...

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #8 on: Mar 16, 2011, 11:18AM »
Ok I found the word in english.... REAR DIFFERENCIAL...... Is the REAR DIFFERENCIAL from the
GTiR and the Bluebird the same??........... Basically my question in matter is IF I USE A GEARBOX from the
GTiR in the HNU12 Bluebird is the rear differencial going to have problems??...

Some guy in here said that I will have problems to the point that the rear differencial from the bluebird will crack!!!...

It's getting really hard to find that $%$@#!!!! gearbox...

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #9 on: Mar 16, 2011, 03:24PM »
no, will be fine... GTiR and the HNU12 are both a 3.7

Only the U13 is different.

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #10 on: Mar 17, 2011, 03:41AM »
 ;D :D ;D :D ;D.........NICE!!!!!...... Will buy the GTiR gearbox next week then!!....Thxs Budgie I'm tired sieng my bluebird parked....MAE.. + Karma for you bro!!..

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #11 on: Mar 24, 2011, 06:46AM »
Don't quote me, someone else will be able to tell you 100%, but I think the FWD's 50 series boxes GEARSET will work, not all of it but some components.

But your best bet is a GTiR or U13 box for sure, U13 if you want the front viscous.

Budgie.... what do you mean the front viscous from the U13?The GTiR gearbox doesn't have it?....  :-\

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #12 on: Mar 24, 2011, 08:12AM »
Both boxes have a centre viscous differential, which is housed into the bellhousing.

Alot of U13 boxes also have a viscous front differential (I have one attached to my GTiR gearbox).

There are two different GTiR boxes however, one from the RA GTiR's and one from the RB GTiR's (shorter ratio's). There were different front diff's available as aftermarket items, or nismo options in the GTiR's.

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #13 on: Mar 24, 2011, 01:37PM »
Budgie let me get this straight the pulsar GTiR is the same as the bluebird HNU12..The U13 difference is the front viscous....correct?...
I'm just about to get the gearbox (a GTiR one) and you mentioned there are 2 GTiR gear boxes.. I imagine the Pulsar and the Skyline are the ones you are talking about...Any of them will fit my car with no problems??.. :-\

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #14 on: Mar 24, 2011, 02:42PM »
Budgie let me get this straight the pulsar GTiR is the same as the bluebird HNU12..The U13 difference is the front viscous....correct?...

Yes.

I'm just about to get the gearbox (a GTiR one) and you mentioned there are 2 GTiR gear boxes.. I imagine the Pulsar and the Skyline are the ones you are talking about...Any of them will fit my car with no problems??.. :-\

No, the GTiR was produced in two versions the RA (general production) and the RB (rally spec version).

A GTiR gearbox will be fine for your HNU12

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #15 on: Mar 25, 2011, 04:16AM »
Jumm.. good info Budgie I apreciate that.. buuut....yesterday I received a call from a friend who imports parts from Japan and give me a call saying that he boughta HNU12 AWD non-turbo with an sr20 engine and said that gear box will fit also in mine... So I send the money to him because it was like a sure thing that it's going to fit in my car... or I'm wrong?....Now that I think about it I dk if the turbo or non-turbo AWD gear boxes from the HNU12 are the same or not!?....  :-\ :-X :'(

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #16 on: Mar 25, 2011, 06:42AM »
They are the same mate

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #17 on: Mar 25, 2011, 10:41AM »
nice!!... I made the right choice then... uufff!!...Budgie I was also reading you thread and I saw the part were you were putting together the GTiR and the U13.. Whats the difference of having the central or front viscous diferencial?...I blocks betters or how it works?It really got my attention that subject...

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #18 on: Mar 25, 2011, 11:43AM »
Its a GTiR gearbox with a HNU12 transfer case (auto) with a U13 front differential casing and diff bolted on the end.

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #19 on: Mar 26, 2011, 11:17AM »
Done... also I bought other items..Bonet.  right mirror.. electric windows switch(in goood condition) and other items.. got crazy shopping!!....What couldn't find was the damn fog lights!!!.... >:(......
Budgie you told me you have one right?? Know anyone who has the other one?....  ;D

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #20 on: Mar 26, 2011, 01:04PM »
Yeah only one which I can't find anyway.

Your better off searching for two.

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #21 on: Mar 26, 2011, 11:02PM »
Thxs anyways..... :)....... I will post some pics when I receive the gear box and the progress meanwhile being in the shop...This is in 2-3 months meanwhile the gearbox gets to Costa Rica..  :-\.....But at least is on the way..Just hate to see the bluey parked..  :-\

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #22 on: Apr 30, 2011, 11:15AM »
Well meanwhile waiting for the gearbox from Japan... The bluebird decided to start showing signs about the SEAL VALVES are gone also  :-\ ...A lot of smoke when static... Checked the turbo just in case and it looks all right also the pipes are  with no sings of oil inside...So I have a new question.....

The seal valves from a SR20DE are the same from the SR20Det right?... Or if i am wrong please slap me in the face and correct me jajajaja......  8)  8) .... I just found info for the ca18 and k24...

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #23 on: Jul 14, 2011, 02:09PM »
Car ready it took a few months but it's running now.... ;D

Now I have a really technical question.. I have more than clear the HNU12 and GTiR are the same and the U13 it has the viscous that Budgie mentioned...Now I need to confirm with people who really now what they are talking about.. meaning you guys...It is true that the gearboxes that comes on the bluebirds with sr20 awd are better that the HNU12 and the GTiR's gearboxes?.. Some dude in here (Costa Rica) is saying that, but I can't see how?.. If so can someone please clear this doubt?...

Thank You all!!...

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #24 on: Jul 14, 2011, 06:42PM »
Same gearbox as pretty much every FWD nissan of the era internals wise. When you look at just the AWD versions... there are several different casting revisions on the case itself... the U13 being the last of these produced, you'd assume they have the final and best revision of the casting.

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #25 on: Jul 15, 2011, 10:28AM »
Thxs Luke.. basically same inside parts different case.... ;D

Offline drrm67

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
    • http://www.pandamimi.com
« Reply #26 on: Jul 30, 2011, 07:12PM »
Well I have a HNU12 SR20DET bluebird motor, got it for a bargain;however ... You need to match the flywheel and the clutch to the gearbox. ...

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #27 on: Aug 13, 2011, 10:12AM »
Thxs.. I already have everything done.... But dk what you meant...