Author Topic: dang Americans!  (Read 2504 times)

Offline chaserone

• antrx.com junior member
  • heh
dang Americans!
« on: Feb 8, 2006, 10:14PM »
Why do they have to be DIFFERENT from everyone else!  Their parts are different.  AGAIN!  I got my clear bumper indicators and it has very subtle differences with our AUS and Jspec stuff!  Not to say it is not fixable but I am getting rather tired of having to do mods and cut ups.   >:(  (for other rants on US stuff check my posts on the bling bling posts)  Ok not flogging anyone (including americans here)  but just having a vent....  Just wanted to so something simple to my car but it never happens.....   ARGH!  Anyone wanna buy a U13?
 :P
I reject your reality and subsitute it with my own.....

Offline brad

• antrx.com full member
  • WAGOOD......
Re: dang Americans!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 8, 2006, 10:26PM »
I`m looking at getting a set of these so im pretty interested in what needs to be modified.
Im assuming its really just a clearance issue at the back?

peace out,B-rad

If your happy and you know it clap your hands!!!!

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #2 on: Feb 8, 2006, 11:14PM »
Nah no clearance issues with the bumper indicators. Just need to cut down one of the clips on the side.

When you take you're stock ones out there will be 2 sticky outy things on one side, one is smaller then the other. On the US ones they are both the same size, so one needs to be trimmed to fit.

Why do they have to be DIFFERENT from everyone else!:P

I know what you mean. I got the DEPO lights for the front and well being American they point the wrong bloody way...grrr...so now i have trouble seeing at night time cos i had to adjust them so they dont blind oncoming traffic.
But damn do they look good during the day time. Have you had this problem with your Euro lights??

Offline Alister

• antrx.com junkie
  • 5.7L LS1 oooh yeah baby!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 9, 2006, 12:00AM »
It's weird at the differences between the JAP, AUS, and US U13s.
As far as I know, the AUS and US U13s were built and then exported from Japan.
How much did those Depo lights set you back, Tommy?
Also, i'll drop off that 20% off vouchure on Friday if you're working.

Offline chaserone

• antrx.com junior member
  • heh
« Reply #4 on: Feb 9, 2006, 08:49AM »
Ka bluey, no I dont have problems like the DEPO lights you mentioned.  However, there were fitting issues which was mentioned in my eariler posts.

Brad, as Ka bluey mentioned it is a clip problem.  You may either remove the clip altogether or cut it down to fit our cars.

Alister, me thinks the US U13s are made in the USA.  I got bits that say Nissan USA (for the stuff I buy from the US) as opposed to Nissan Japan bits as per my Aus Spec car.

Again, I dont know why, but the americans JUST have to be different.  I would have thought they would share the same molds at least to save cost.  Anyway, these will be my last US based mods thankfully.  NO more I tells ya.  The rest will be locally made.  Would attempt to make a mould (custom) for the rear skirts.  Will let  you guys know if I am successful in it. 

I reject your reality and subsitute it with my own.....

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #5 on: Feb 9, 2006, 05:36PM »
The US U13 would be assembled in US, so US would make parts to suit their markets..
ie. All the fittings being slightly different..

Alister: I got them for $250 delivered in like 3 days from purchase.

I would deffinately be interested in the rear skirt.
Im trying to find a nice one (sort of like Hybrid's) in US that i might be able to get sent over..

Offline Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing

• antrx.com junkie
  • Ma-Jik
    • Ma-Jik
« Reply #6 on: Feb 9, 2006, 09:51PM »
On the topic of clear bumper indicators has anyone tried using 1991 integra indicators, there clear and apparently they fit with a bit of modification. Although the Acura Integra and the Honda Integra proberly differ, not to mention the bluebird and altima differing.
Written off HNU13 Atttesa, PM me for part requests.

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #7 on: Feb 9, 2006, 10:56PM »
On the topic of clear bumper indicators has anyone tried using 1991 integra indicators, there clear and apparently they fit with a bit of modification. Although the Acura Integra and the Honda Integra proberly differ, not to mention the bluebird and altima differing.

Can't say i know anyone with a bluey that has tried this.

I've seen few american dudes doing it, yea does need modification, but im sure its nothing dramastic..

Offline 3391

• antrx.com full member
  • noob from across da globe
« Reply #8 on: Feb 19, 2006, 02:16AM »
the reason you have a problem with the headlighs is because we sit on the opposite side of the car. guys here that do the s13/s14 silvia swap have the same problem with the headlights. my sugession is to contact DEPO and ask them to make headlights specific for your market.

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2006, 06:53PM »
the reason you have a problem with the headlighs is because we sit on the opposite side of the car. guys here that do the s13/s14 silvia swap have the same problem with the headlights. my sugession is to contact DEPO and ask them to make headlights specific for your market.

Would that cost extra to make? I mean i've already got mine but if i can get them to make just the insides for out market then i could swap them over myself.

Offline 3391

• antrx.com full member
  • noob from across da globe
« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2006, 11:42PM »
just ask them. i am sure they would need a set of stock AUS headlights to see the difference, but it does not cost anything to ask. let them know there currently is no company that has aftermarket lights for your market.