Author Topic: D2 coilover part number for bluebird U13 94 model FWD  (Read 5680 times)

Offline jlai2

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Guys i need some help here. I saw some of the guys in this forum is using the D2 coilover for the bluebird U13 FWD. I went to check in the D2 site the part number for the said coilover is "D2-N02" ?? I just want to double check with you guys that this Altima "D2-N02" will fit directly into my U13 FWD 94 model. Kindly advice as i don`t want to found out that i get the wrong coilover and wouldn`t  fit in my bluebird when i got this coilover..Better be right for the first time. ;D.

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
Re: D2 coilover part number for bluebird U13 94 model FWD
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2008, 09:19PM »
yep you want the ones for the altima :)
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline jlai2

« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2008, 11:57PM »
So since it share the similar coilover i might better off getting one of those.. ;D Thanks for the feedback Jello!!Appreciate it.

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
« Reply #3 on: Aug 27, 2008, 12:01AM »
the u13 bluebird and u13 altima are the same car, it's just the altima's are Right hand drive and have a slightly different bumper :)
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline jlai2

« Reply #4 on: Aug 27, 2008, 12:04AM »
So you still use your D2 coilover Jello? How was the ride?

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
« Reply #5 on: Aug 27, 2008, 12:07AM »
ahhh, I havn't got them atm (never have)

Been looking at getting some in the not to distant future to replace my white line spring/stock strut combo. Most of what I read about the d2's is positive, and since it's really the only choice coil-over wise for our cars it's not like there's a better option :P

if you don't mind me asking where are you getting them from and how much? I think I got quoted 1400 about a year ago direct from D2
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline jlai2

« Reply #6 on: Aug 27, 2008, 12:16AM »
D2 US in ebay quoted me USD910 plus shipping to doorstep extra 200.So total sum USD1110. While D2 australia quoted me $1399 ship to my door step.So compare between this two outlet i think the ebay gave a better offer. What do you think Jello?

Offline Leopard-Man

• antrx.com junkie
  • vg20det ftw
« Reply #7 on: Aug 27, 2008, 01:24AM »
D2 US in ebay quoted me USD910 plus shipping to doorstep extra 200.So total sum USD1110. While D2 australia quoted me $1399 ship to my door step.So compare between this two outlet i think the ebay gave a better offer. What do you think Jello?
its no contest mate. get them from Australia for sure. So much less hassle and mucking around and with things like warranty as well.  plus $1110 isnt really much cheaper by the time you do the conversion.  Also the Aust ones will get to you much sooner.  correct me if people disagree?
I am a man More sinn'd against than sinning.

Offline slim

• post whore
  • Nissan Bluebird SSS 1996 ®
    • Pictures
« Reply #8 on: Aug 27, 2008, 01:47AM »
Currency conversion + changing dollar value + bank fees + any import taxs or other undisclosed fees - warranty hassles
I reckon delivery time, provided you pay for a good courier service would be the same, air freight is a working week and a boat is months.

I saw some for sale ages ago when i was lookin for suspension and it turns out there is a shop in sydney that has/had bluebird coilovers. I cant be any more specific but will look. Could be D2 or G4 (? some other odd brand name)
  • Bosch HID Kit, Clear Side & Front Indicators + Bulbs
  • B&M Shortshifter
  • JVC DVD Touchscreen 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Full Whiteline Kit
  • Tokico Shocks
¤ slim's 1996 SSS Bluebird Project Thread

Offline jlai2

« Reply #9 on: Aug 27, 2008, 02:26AM »
Thanks for your feedback Zander and Slim..Hmm thinks about this in the first place too. They will ship this item by airfreight from the US within 2 weeks..Now still waiting for their reply for a confirm courier company. If its the USPS i don`t think theres any issue. Regarding the warranty wise, i still  couldn`t do much about it unless its the wrong parts. The problem is my place here does not stock coilovers for such  car like ours. Right now been using the JIC Coilover off S13 for the front..But the rear coilover i didn`t take it as theres to much job for me to relocate the lower mount.. So now i need to make a stern decision. No rush for me too..

Offline Marty

• post whore
  • *no car :(*
« Reply #10 on: Aug 27, 2008, 02:49PM »
What are you using the car for?
If its lots of track work the D2's fade after a year or two then get sloppy,
Initially they are really good, and daily driving they're meant to be good too.

also buy australian, the warranty alone would be worth the extra cost
plus if the cost is over $1000 you gotta go through customs too or something??
Wanneroo (Barbagallos) short track time 63 seconds (58 - Evo) long track 79 (69 - Evo)
Mods - Bosch 910 fuel pump, Nismo 555cc injectors, Z32 AFM, USB Bikirom, Full Whiteline Handling Kit, DBA Rotors, Tomei Poncams + GT2871. (174ahkw)

Offline jlai2

« Reply #11 on: Aug 28, 2008, 04:48PM »
Marty,

Plan to used as a daily ride..track??.Maybe once in a while to get some adrenaline rush . LOL.