Author Topic: Headunit  (Read 5843 times)

Offline LaZaZaL

• antrx.com junior member
Headunit
« on: Aug 25, 2007, 04:12PM »
Hey, just wondering if anyone sells head units here? I own a 90 integra, and its stock head unit/speakers are *cough*... I dont want an awesome unit head unit or anything, just something decent... Also I want to get sum 6x9's, but my mate who is into stereo said if I want to get some 6x9's in my car and then I got a sub it could distort n stuff, is that true?
GOT DRIFT?

Offline P-Unit

• antrx.com full member
Re: Headunit
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2007, 04:55PM »
If you believe in sound quality, then you do not place 6*9s and subs in the same setup, unless they are in different sealed enclosures, such as, sub in the boot, 6*9s up front doors.

My mrs owns a 91 Integra LS, so ur not gonna fit 6*9s in the doors too easily, so ur best off doing what ive done with hers.

Splits in the front and back running off the head unit, use the sub out to power some Low passed 6*9s on a good amp. Or, bugger off the 6*9s and use a 10" or 12" sub in the boot.

As for a good head unit, jaycar have just released one, and its HOT!!!!!

https://secure4.vivid-design.com.au/jaycar2005/productView.asp?ID=QM3785&CATID=&keywords=dvd&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=

Not sure about the 45RMS per channel, that sounds much too high, but it has a sub out and its basically a 900 dollar head unit if it was by alpine or pioneer. Any other questions or specifications, feel free to ask.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2007, 05:20PM »
Hey, just wondering if anyone sells head units here?

go to www.antrx.com (the front page) and click the killswitch link... luke (xedus101) sells audio gear through this ebay company.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline LaZaZaL

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2007, 09:09PM »
shit they are good prices
GOT DRIFT?

Offline bigbazza6969

« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2007, 11:47PM »
hey i can get you a new pioneer headdeck with 2 6inch speakers for $250 brand new.the headdeck has rca out ports,equalizers,and i pod connection.
1990 Ford Corsair GL UA Manual. 2..6'' pioneers in the front,2..6'' Pioneers in the rear.Pioneer Head Deck with ipod connection..12'' Kenwood Sub in the boot in kustom made ported box.Extractors Fitted,Tacho and shifting light mounted,Boss kit and F1 racing wheel fitted,1200W 2-CH amp running kenwood sub,4-Ch 700W Running 4 speakers..Things to come- Vinyl respray(Red & Black..very soon:D),mid range speakers,custom roof lining..Very soon too :D,Mags(One Day lol),Clear head and tinted tail lights,TRX wing and body kit.

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2007, 12:07AM »
mm top quality for that price  ::)

my 2 cents www.auaudio.com
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline LaZaZaL

« Reply #6 on: Aug 26, 2007, 05:21PM »
GOT DRIFT?

Offline bigbazza6969

« Reply #7 on: Aug 26, 2007, 06:22PM »
mm top quality for that price  ::)

my 2 cents www.auaudio.com

it is actualli..cause its the same one im using..and its ony so cheap because i got a mate that works at Jb and its retail price is $380.. ::)
1990 Ford Corsair GL UA Manual. 2..6'' pioneers in the front,2..6'' Pioneers in the rear.Pioneer Head Deck with ipod connection..12'' Kenwood Sub in the boot in kustom made ported box.Extractors Fitted,Tacho and shifting light mounted,Boss kit and F1 racing wheel fitted,1200W 2-CH amp running kenwood sub,4-Ch 700W Running 4 speakers..Things to come- Vinyl respray(Red & Black..very soon:D),mid range speakers,custom roof lining..Very soon too :D,Mags(One Day lol),Clear head and tinted tail lights,TRX wing and body kit.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #8 on: Sep 2, 2007, 12:38AM »
As for a good head unit, jaycar have just released one, and its HOT!!!!!

https://secure4.vivid-design.com.au/jaycar2005/productView.asp?ID=QM3785&CATID=&keywords=dvd&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=

That is cheap chinese crap. Looks about the same quality as Soundstorm or Boss Audio.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #9 on: Sep 2, 2007, 03:34AM »
it is actualli..cause its the same one im using..and its ony so cheap because i got a mate that works at Jb and its retail price is $380.. ::)

i'm not trying to prove how big my e-penis is here but my eclipse deck is worth double that  :P. A crap deck is a major downfall in your whole system IF you value the sound quality etc. on the other hand if you just want noise please yourself.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline P-Unit

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #10 on: Sep 2, 2007, 10:52AM »
That is cheap chinese crap. Looks about the same quality as Soundstorm or Boss Audio.

Go have a listen, this thing has sound quality equal to or better than any deck of the same price.
Im not saying that this is the way to go, im just putting forward an option.