Author Topic: sub not making much bass.  (Read 2288 times)

Offline bigbazza6969

• antrx.com junior member
sub not making much bass.
« on: Aug 22, 2007, 09:04PM »
hey guys i have a kenwood 12' 600w sub and a 1200w speaker city amp.i bought the 'pro' wiring kit from Jb hi fi for $60 its 8 Gage.The head deck is a pioneer.Its a fairly new model.
Ive wired it all up but hardly any bass comes out.Ive tried adjustin the sensitivity but cant really notice any difference.ANY help would be really appreciated.Thanks
1990 Ford Corsair GL UA Manual. 2..6'' pioneers in the front,2..6'' Pioneers in the rear.Pioneer Head Deck with ipod connection..12'' Kenwood Sub in the boot in kustom made ported box.Extractors Fitted,Tacho and shifting light mounted,Boss kit and F1 racing wheel fitted,1200W 2-CH amp running kenwood sub,4-Ch 700W Running 4 speakers..Things to come- Vinyl respray(Red & Black..very soon:D),mid range speakers,custom roof lining..Very soon too :D,Mags(One Day lol),Clear head and tinted tail lights,TRX wing and body kit.

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
Re: sub not making much bass.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2007, 10:58AM »
Check the High/low Pass crossover... is it sounding like a normal speaker? eg...getting vocals through the sub?

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline bigbazza6969

« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2007, 11:30PM »
It doesnt have any adjustments onli sensitivity.but my mate is pretty good with sound systems so he's going to re-wire the whole car up because its only got the factory wiring.Ill let you know when im finished if its fixed.cheers
1990 Ford Corsair GL UA Manual. 2..6'' pioneers in the front,2..6'' Pioneers in the rear.Pioneer Head Deck with ipod connection..12'' Kenwood Sub in the boot in kustom made ported box.Extractors Fitted,Tacho and shifting light mounted,Boss kit and F1 racing wheel fitted,1200W 2-CH amp running kenwood sub,4-Ch 700W Running 4 speakers..Things to come- Vinyl respray(Red & Black..very soon:D),mid range speakers,custom roof lining..Very soon too :D,Mags(One Day lol),Clear head and tinted tail lights,TRX wing and body kit.

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2007, 12:14AM »
turning the sensitivity lower will give you more sound, but a better description would also be good.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline bigbazza6969

« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2007, 01:51AM »
ill try to descibe it the best i can..the sub is only outputting bass you can feel that its moving but its realy soft and doesnt move much at all.the normal speakers bounce more than it does lol.the speaker wire from the sub to the amp is roughly 2 metres and the power wire is still the same length (8m i think) because i havent cut it,the earth is bolted onto the front seat brackets as the amp is under the seat.all the power wire,ground and that is 8 gage.
I feel shamed because my mate has a smaller sub and smaller amp and his pumps..
thanks for any help.

Offline rathies

• post whore
« Reply #5 on: Aug 24, 2007, 09:51AM »
what sort of connections are on the amp for the sub and how have you connected it?
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5

Offline bigbazza6969

« Reply #6 on: Aug 24, 2007, 12:35PM »
its got spade connectors. ive hooked up the siler wire in the speaker wire to the positive and the copper wire to the negative.the power wire,remote wire and ground are all spade terminals..is that what you meant?
Ive connected the sub to the amp by bridging the 2 channels..its just a screw clamp

Offline rathies

• post whore
« Reply #7 on: Aug 24, 2007, 10:40PM »
what happens if you connect the sub to 1 channel and not bridge it?

Offline bigbazza6969

« Reply #8 on: Aug 24, 2007, 11:11PM »
It goes about the same volume if not less as the speakers but onli with bass no treble.thanks