Author Topic: Proposed Racetrack @ Lucas Heights  (Read 2153 times)

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
Proposed Racetrack @ Lucas Heights
« on: Apr 16, 2010, 10:45AM »
For those that live in the St George/Sutherland Shire area, you would have noticed a small article on a race track proposal in last weeks leader.

I was over the moon to say the least when I saw it as oran park was far, wakefield is far, eastern creek isn't too bad, but still a decent drive for me. So to have a proposal of a racing venue which would be NEW with modern facilities, unlike the previously mentioned built in my local area was a real eye opener.

The problem is, alot of people in this area are anti-noise producing machinery, aka modified cars. However out at lucas heights, there is nothing to be afraid of, the nuclear reactor is there so there is nobody willing to move near that thing anyway (even though its harmless), let alone the rubbish tip.

It is easily accesible via heathcote road for those coming out west, it only takes 20minutes or so to get to liverpool from there. Us St George/Sutherland people know how easy it is to get there.

With the motorsport facilities really dying in the arse to say the least in Sydney, this is a good opportunity that I think WILL fail if there is no support shown, even though 100% of us want more circuits. The Shire/St George area have some strong political figures that reside in these areas and will beat you to the point if we don't make one first.

So all in all, even if you will attend the race track once a year, show your support and follow the link and vote yes for the poll! - have abit of a read for more info if you like too.

http://www.theleader.com.au/news/local/news/general/car-enthusiasts-eye-lucas-heights-have-your-say/1803904.aspx
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...