Author Topic: attesa fuel system upgrade  (Read 1626 times)

Offline bluebird

• antrx.com junior member
  • new kid on the block
attesa fuel system upgrade
« on: Dec 30, 2005, 12:20PM »
I am looking at upgrading my fuel system on my u13 attesa soon and was wondering
if any one out there has already done so or has some info on this subject.
Is there any substitute injector i can use from another model to be a straight fit for the red top sr20det.
Something that has better flow than the stock ones.
I am yet to find one. All I came up with for direct replacements are HKS and BLITZ injectors which
are both over $200 each injector.
While I am at it, does anyone know what the standard flow rate is for the stock injectors.

Also I will have to upgrade the fuel pump.
Again I want a straight in tank replacement for the factory item.
I have read about Walbro items. Do they have a staright fit upgrade and how much.
Any info appreciated.

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
Re: attesa fuel system upgrade
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2005, 01:03PM »
hey buddy,

wel first up a set of s15 injectors will make things a bit better but will require an ecu tune.

the flow rate of the standard U13 injectors are 370cc, the S15 injectors are 440cc so give a little more room for power.

secondly, a walbro 255l/h (550hp) fuel pump will make a very good improvement over standard. these pumps are smaller in size than the standard pump so fit straight into the original position. i have a walbro for a mustang in my car, but pretty much all of them will fit no probs, the in tank pumps anyways.

if you do get some new injectors my advice would be getting a set that will do what you want them to do in the long run. ie: if you are looking to set the boost alot higher than standard like say 15-20psi then go with at least 550cc injectors, otherwise you will run out of flow again. i am not saying that you are going to do this straight away but it is a pain to change them and waste money again.....

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline bluebird

• antrx.com junior member
  • new kid on the block
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2005, 01:29PM »
Hey dude,
How much did the walbro set you back.
I have seen these pumps on ebay for around $160 sound right.
This will probably be my first step.

Step 2: injectors.
No problem with management system as an EMS computer was already fitted when I bought
the car. So after pump and injectors are done straight to the dyno for a tune.
From what you are saying the s15 injectors are a straght fit in, Is that correct.

I do get your point though if I have plans on upgrading the turbo in the future then the extra 90cc from an s15
wont be enough. But then again I wonder what a set of second hand s15 injectors would cost.
For SARD or HKS items I think about $240 each is the go. Times that by 4 and you can kiss your wallet good bye.

At the moment I have a hiflow t28 running 15PSI (1 BAR)
All i want is to run up to 18PSI so maybe the s15 injectors along with the fuel pump will be sufficient.
If I want more power than that then gear box and internals may have to be looked at which I am not prepared to do.

Do you think a fuel pressure regulator should be plumbed in also.
Maybe a mallpassi unit or similar.

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #3 on: Jan 2, 2006, 06:59PM »
the s15 injectors are a straight fit.

but to be on the safe side get some 550cc injectors then there wont be a problem. i have seen a decent set of straight fit injectors for about 200 each.

the walbro i got, i picked it up for 170, mounted nicely it is pretty quiet too

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!