Author Topic: Basic Mods??  (Read 2480 times)

Offline beejay85

• antrx.com junior member
Basic Mods??
« on: Mar 18, 2006, 07:46PM »
Hey wats up? Im sorta new to this site but was wondering if you could answer a few questions.
I have a 93 attesa (sr20det) and i was thinking of buyin the gtr cooler and the turbo from the s15 but i'm not actually sure if this will give me any significant gains. or if not that then wat sort of suggestions can you give.

any help wpuld be great thx
brendan

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
Re: Basic Mods??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2006, 02:30PM »
both of these mods will give you significant gains, but to get the best out of them you will need to get the ECU remapped to suit the New configuration.

do you have any other mods already done as this is not exactly a Basic Mod that you are looking to do

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline beejay85

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2006, 09:29PM »
nah not atm. but ill prolly be lookin at gettin an exhaust straght up. i was thinkin 3in mandrel bent to a something...prolly like a straight thro to a 3.5 in tip, but not sure yet

Offline fez200

• antrx.com full member
  • BARBIE AIN'T HERE..!
    • RAW4x4
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2006, 12:43PM »
ive just gone through this business and this plan works best.

start with exhaust it makes a mega difference for mine. 3" from dump, then cold air induction, then intercooler, boost controller.
these are pretty cheap mods, all up it cost me about $2000 for the above and thats all installed.

i g-teched my car to start with (auto trans) it was about 0-100 in 7.5 to 8.0 sec, now its about 6.5.

i bought my intercooler from ebay for around $300 new. the GTR coolers are good but they wanted $400 at a local jap import place and that was second hand. better to buy a new one. plus they look good too.

if you got the cash from there then id go chip,injectors, fuel system, turbo upgrade. the S15 turbo wont give you much of an upgrade from the attesa for the price i think they may spool up a little quicker.  :o
God gave man a brain and a penis and only enough blood to operate one at a time.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2006, 02:51PM »
3" from dump

If you can afford to get a custom 3" dump pipe made up as well... then do it.

I have a stock HNU12 dump sitting in my garage... and it shrinks to 1.75" in places due to bolt angles and shit like that.  Very restrictive.  The HNU13 has the same dump pipe as far as I am aware!

I have the stock dump as I'm about to get a custom 3" split dump pipe made up.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline beejay85

« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2006, 06:52PM »
hey thanks heaps. thats should keep me busy for a bit.

Offline LUP15

• antrx.com senior member
  • formerly DIGITOBI
« Reply #6 on: Mar 20, 2006, 07:10PM »
nice ur in brisbane where bouts?. theres me and jimmy that live in brisbane too. we both own a hnu13 as well.

good to see another brisbane member. hope to see u around soon

oh btw, im gonna be selling my end muffler (supercat stainless stell) and boost controller (bleed valve) soon. let me know if u wanna buy them. u can have a listen to the exhaust before i take it off if u want
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2006, 07:12PM by digitobi »
Project LUP15 <-- Click Here      ||      If you're an enthusiast in QLD or anywhere else, support it --> Lakeside Raceway

Offline beejay85

« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2006, 06:29PM »
im at wavell heights atm but im prolly lookin at movin to ferny grove area. thanks for the offer but i think ill have to pass for the time being....gearbox is sendin me broke lol