Author Topic: costom body kits  (Read 28819 times)

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: costom body kits
« Reply #60 on: Apr 1, 2006, 07:26PM »
Sorry it has to be said, but KA24ET > VG30ET.

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #61 on: Apr 1, 2006, 07:32PM »
Sorry it has to be said, but KA24ET > VG30ET.

What do you mean? What's (KA24ET > VG30ET) mean? 

If your trying to say that a KA24ET is faster, your wrong. KA24ET is very quick, and its advantage beeing its light weight. But in a straight line, the VG30ET will win. Around the bends the KA can keep up, but KA's cannot handle high boost for long periods of time without causing oil leeks and headgaskets to crack. Your better of Turboing a DE-24 "ka24de", but even then, not as reliable as an SR20DET. The VG30E's downfall is that it is heavy, compared to a KA or SR, but can make up for it with its power, plus consider the fact that a Pintara is lighter than a 300ZX or Maxima etc. In the end, they are both good engines, both good in different erias. But the truth is, a VG30 is capable of producing more horsepower. perhaps make a thread in Tech Discussions a get votes. VG v's KA v's SR or something.
« Last Edit: Apr 1, 2006, 07:46PM by HIRO »
"Druggies and Speed Junkies both O.D, but the difference between the two is that a Druggie overdoses, while the Speed Junkie over drives"

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #62 on: Apr 1, 2006, 09:14PM »
KA24ET is greater than VG30ET/SR20DET etc. That is purely the opiniion that myself and several others share.

Can't handle high boost causing oil leaks and headgaskets to fail? lol, the KA24DE is the SAME engine, with a different head.

The root cause of WHY the KA24 can't take high boost (>15psi) for any kind of long duration is usually down to poor tuning. The pistons aren't terribly fond of detonation, and this is when the ring lands fracture.
If the engine is tuned properly and detonation is absolutely minimal if not undetectable, the rods will typically fail around > 20 psi as they cannot cope with the increase in combustion chamber pressure, and bend like a bannana or snap and put holes in the block. Also, around the 20-25psi mark, a STOCK headgasket with stock headbolts tends to start lifting, causing headgaskets to blowout ususally.

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #63 on: Apr 1, 2006, 10:26PM »
Well if thats your opinon, then fine. But from my experiance, I think otherwise. There all good engines anyway. But all I am trying to say, is that there is no way a Ka24 can reach the kind of HP a VG30 can, but no doubt the KA can achieve high results. Its just common sense that a 3 ltr v6 is greater. This is not about who has the bigest dick here man, cos thats the way your making it sound. Its probably best if you try going to drag comps, then you can push your engine to its limits and you will find that no matter how much you beleave your engine is fast, some ones gonna whoop you out there. I know cos its happend to me, thats why I upgraded to a 3 ltr v6, cos racing against Skylines with RB motors and 300zx's with VG's gave me a taste of what real power was. Hell, stock KA against stock SR, no problem, the KA is fine, even against stock RB20's, the KA gave them a good run, but RB25's, VG30's, no way. You could beat a Maxima because there heavy and usualy auto, but not a 5-speed 300zx or a Lorel. I have never driven a ka24 turbs, but I have driven an SR20DET 180 and an MX6 22 ltr turbo, so I got the picture, still damn fast. The best thing, is to get out there and race for yourself.
"Druggies and Speed Junkies both O.D, but the difference between the two is that a Druggie overdoses, while the Speed Junkie over drives"

Offline nazstang

• antrx.com full member
  • My Recipe: 2.4 + turbo = One Bad Motha Fucka
« Reply #64 on: Apr 2, 2006, 09:11AM »
i think that what sss is trying to say is that the ka-t is a better choice performance wise, for us. and the ka takes the same or more punishment than a vg.  unless you get an already turboed vg(better internals), you've got a weak platform to boost, just like the ka.  the potential for power might be higher, but then again it's a 4banger vs. a V6.  put any vg against my mustangs, and i'll send it home crying.  all you need to do for a ka to be builtproof to 350-75 hp, is drop in forged pistons, and your all set.  the block holds, the HG holds, the forged stock rods are good to 400ish, crank is like a rock, ......... slap on a turbo, tune it right, and your all set.
-Nissan stanza ( KA-T)
-94 Cobra (modded)
- 88 Mustang LX (modded so much, not street legal)
- Suzuki gsx1000 (modded)
- Craftsman 54" 28 hp tractor (modded :) )

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #65 on: Apr 2, 2006, 11:53AM »
Does it really matter all that much anyway? in out little light weight FWD vehicles KW power is only useful up to about 220KW.  After that wheel spin will just be insane and render the extra HP useless... Talk to glen about how useful his 200+ KW are when taking off the line.  I think both engines are capable of 200+ fairly reliably.  Once we get our projects all on the strip we can end the debate and figure out which is truely the speed master in our car. SR20, KA24, VG30.

Suppose we are finished talking about custom body kits now?

Offline Suprasonik

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Re: custom body kits
« Reply #66 on: Apr 7, 2006, 12:11AM »
i custom fitted 2004 honda civic sideskirts on my pintara,as well as putting an 2000 model integra type r front lip looks pretty sick. will post sum pics up soon after respray..piaggio giallo..ferrari yellow!

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #67 on: Apr 8, 2006, 01:10PM »
Man this sounds good.  The newby comes on to blast this topic out of the water with some pretty cool little body mods, up with the pics!!!  ;D

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
Re: custom body kits
« Reply #68 on: Apr 9, 2006, 01:03AM »
i custom fitted 2004 honda civic sideskirts on my pintara,as well as putting an 2000 model integra type r front lip looks pretty sick. will post sum pics up soon after respray..piaggio giallo..ferrari yellow!

hehe.... "and outta left field, the newbie has a shot on goals...."

*we eagerly await pics to see if the shot is good....
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline u12-910

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #69 on: Apr 15, 2006, 08:38PM »
wow this thread has alot in it and not much to do with body kits ;D

trx 1990 has a custom bar now didnt get the chance to ask him to much about it i was more concerned with my wheel that was about to fall off ill let him know to reply to this thread with his results.

Offline Darkness

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #70 on: Apr 17, 2006, 02:48AM »
Hey I got a quote to have a custom evo7 front spoiler made and it was only going to cost $900.
But that was not painted or fited :o

Offline trx_1990

« Reply #71 on: Apr 17, 2006, 06:37PM »
hi everyone i did end up getting a subaru front body kit for my pintara it cost me $490 and then i payed some one $60 to get 3 inches cut out of the middle, i installed it myself it fits like a charm and didnt really cost all that much.
I just want to give people a tip about doing different things to your car, sure it is good to ask for advice and what people think on antrx.com but just because people say it cant be done doesnt mean it is true, when i first started this post people said there was no way that it would fit. Just make sure you dont just use one sorce of information before you give up.

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #72 on: Apr 17, 2006, 07:04PM »
Please correct me if i'm wrong, but... I don't recall anyone actually saying that it can't be done at all.

what I do recall is several people saying that it's
a) not a cost efective mod.
b) alot of effort for little gain
c) it probably wouldn't look that good, or words to that effect

Feel free to discredit those points by posting some photographic samples of your work  :P

Offline Rake

• vrrrmm sssssh pstch
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • quack
    • http://www.tldr.com.au
« Reply #73 on: Apr 17, 2006, 07:38PM »
Feel free to discredit those points by posting some photographic samples of your work  :P

Seconded.

Offline bigpud2012

• "I drive a pissweak auto"
  • post whore
    • RSI - Adelade Sports Imagery - Clipsal 500 Classic Adelaide etc
« Reply #74 on: Apr 17, 2006, 09:47PM »
hi everyone i did end up getting a subaru front body kit for my pintara it cost me $490 and then i payed some one $60 to get 3 inches cut out of the middle, i installed it myself it fits like a charm and didnt really cost all that much.
I just want to give people a tip about doing different things to your car, sure it is good to ask for advice and what people think on antrx.com but just because people say it cant be done doesnt mean it is true, when i first started this post people said there was no way that it would fit. Just make sure you dont just use one sorce of information before you give up.

GIVE ME IMAGES!

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #75 on: Apr 17, 2006, 11:27PM »
lol... what ever happened to this "supersonic" one hit wonder fellow who claimed to have all this cool stuff? basically turning his pinny into a honda :P

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #76 on: Apr 17, 2006, 11:28PM »
I'm thinkin of a 400R GTR front  bar with the pulsar mounts.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline trx_1990

« Reply #77 on: Apr 19, 2006, 02:30PM »
i just have to do one more thing to it and it would be done i will have photos in a week or two

Offline bigpud2012

• post whore
« Reply #78 on: Apr 19, 2006, 06:10PM »
i just have to do one more thing to it and it would be done i will have photos in a week or two

how good are your photoshop skills?

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #79 on: Apr 19, 2006, 06:35PM »
just have to do one more thing to it and it would be done i will have photos in a week or two

you mean the bodykit?  :P
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #80 on: Apr 20, 2006, 12:26AM »
Grow up guys, give him a chance to post some photographic samples of his work ::)

Offline Darkness

« Reply #81 on: Apr 20, 2006, 02:25AM »
Well Idecided to have a go at making my own,  I'm thinking something along the lines of an evo6 bar and a R34 bar haven't quit worked it out yet :o

Offline u12-910

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #82 on: Apr 20, 2006, 05:45PM »
he does have the bar. ive seen it when i bought a center cap off him. didnt have a good look at it. my wheel had come loose on the way to his house and i was more concerned about that at the time. but it does exist.

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #83 on: Apr 20, 2006, 09:28PM »
Check these out, I came across them when browsing my u12 pictures on my computer, I have had them for quite some time:

« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2006, 12:16AM by HIRO »

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #84 on: Apr 20, 2006, 09:29PM »
i remember seeing that a while ago,

fuken sex.

The only thing i dont like is the front bar, it makes the front of the car look huge, look at the headlights, it seems like the car is too tall..

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #85 on: Apr 20, 2006, 10:19PM »
The blue car is a SSS-R... ex NZ and the bodykit on it was factory nissan on the ZXE Bluebirds (one variant anyway) in NZ.

Fraz has the same style in red.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline bigpud2012

• post whore
« Reply #86 on: Apr 20, 2006, 11:33PM »
Check these out, I came across them when browsing my u12 pictures on my computer, I have had them for quite some time:

That gets me more excited than when i see chadza pull up next to me in his white beast :o
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2006, 11:39PM by bigpud2012 »

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #87 on: Apr 21, 2006, 01:30AM »
yeah... look mum no handles  :P
Not to mention the mags on that thing...mmmm that picture is sex on the beach

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #88 on: Apr 21, 2006, 06:59PM »
I was considering the gtir air scoop on the front of my car, simply for the fact that I want as much cold air going into my engine bay as possible, but with the gt stripes and all,  :-\ I'm not sure it will look that good, probably look a bit rude. Suggestions welcome!

Offline bigpud2012

• post whore
« Reply #89 on: Apr 21, 2006, 08:21PM »
I was considering the gtir air scoop on the front of my car, simply for the fact that I want as much cold air going into my engine bay as possible, but with the gt stripes and all,  :-\ I'm not sure it will look that good, probably look a bit rude. Suggestions welcome!

is your car still that light blue?