Author Topic: Trx Owners! I need your help!  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Nizzan

• antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com junkie
  • I am NOT a llama!!
Trx Owners! I need your help!
« on: Sep 15, 2003, 11:27PM »
Hey all, ive recently aquired some side skirts from DaveTRX (Thanx man!  ;))
And they will be painted pretty soon. But the help i need is how do i attach it?! :poke:
I have a GLi and theres no screw holes, lug holes, nothing. So can i trouble some of u TRX owners to take some photos of ur side skirts? like underneath the car n stuff so i get an idea of where to drill some holes, where the pieces go, etc etc and not screw it all up! :smiley8:

btw my email is [email protected]

thanks!
Nizzan
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2003, 11:29PM by Nizzan »

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re:Trx Owners! I need your help!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2003, 05:19PM »
did you get the trx mudflaps? it will look absolutely shocking if you dont have them, as its just all open at each end.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Nizzan

• antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com junkie
  • I am NOT a llama!!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2003, 06:00PM »
yeah i got the mudflaps, door arches, everything... even got part of the rear bumper kit incl the mudflaps (bit damaged, but hey it all helps!  ;) , ill be getting a new rear TRX bumper soon anyway. But after i get the skirts painted, ill be fitting it on...

the skirts have several lugs on the inside of them (to which attach to the car) and screws underneath. The GLi has no screw holes or lug holes for the skirts, so this will be fun.... lol

any help is greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2003, 06:01PM by Nizzan »

trxadelaide

« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2003, 03:29PM »
hey Nizzan.

Ok i just went 4 a bit of a jog out onto the road 2 where my car sitting and checkd out how the sideskirts r joint on.

if u look at you wheel arches you will notice that the metal rolls inwards and there is about a cm of metal, the same place as your mudflaps screw into except on the other side of the wheel arch..Anyway the bolts go through the side skirt and then into this part of the wheel arch.

have u ever installed a front spoiler b4. It's much the same as that. they mount on the same part of the wheel arch.

It's very easy really.. I hope that this has been sum sort of a help 2 you!!!!!! it's really hard 2 explain and unfortunately i havn't got a digicam so I cant take any foto's 4 u.

if u have any more specific questions IM me and ill try 2 answer u a bit better bro!!

once again... sorry if thats been no help man!

Offline Nizzan

• antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com junkie
  • I am NOT a llama!!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2003, 05:42PM »
yeah theres screws all thru-out the underside of the skirts, like 4 or 5 or something. Then one per side (on the Wheel arches) Then on the inside of the skirts, there are 5 lug plugs (Damn.... i need a digi camera too.....) Just need to know where EXACTLY they go, coz i have no stencil to go off, theres no markings or anything. There will be drilling involved no doubt and i dont wanna screw it up!  :-[
Thanks for the help anyhoo, karma for ya  ;)

trxadelaide

« Reply #5 on: Sep 17, 2003, 06:08PM »
i dont think u will end up screwing it up. Even if u start drilling holes all over the place they cant be seen from the outside because they r inside the wheel arch..

yippeee i got sum positive Karma!!! cheers Nizzan!!*lol*

Offline Nizzan

• antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com junkie
  • I am NOT a llama!!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2003, 11:46PM »
no probs  ;)

hey i got some pics to help now..

This part (bottom/Black) is where the skirts have to clip onto. the back of the side skirts have some lug clip type things and i need to know where bouts they might go. If anyone could help thatd be great!