Author Topic: Bit of an odd one, but I thought i'd ask  (Read 1638 times)

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Bit of an odd one, but I thought i'd ask
« on: Aug 5, 2010, 11:01AM »
Ok, so to make some decent headway into work on my project car (the black one), i've already sorted out my solution to removing the OE thermofans to get make more room for the turbo / wastegate, and generally make that part of the engine bay easier to work in.

However...I don't think this is enough for me.

So, i'm looking into retrofitting a lower height aluminium radiator from another model, which is dual core, and has the inlet and outlet located on the driver's side. This means it's a dual pass radiator which is generally more efficient than a standard single pass OE radiator. Overall, a much better radiator more suited to track work than the OE radiator.

This new one is going to be mount in between the radiator support panel and the lower crossmember, taking up the space that the aircon condensor once used to occupy.

Would there be any interest in a fitting kit for FWD U12's with the KA to do this conversion so it's a bolt on affair, no additional fabrication required. It would include the radiator in question so all kits are the same.

I know there aren't a lot out there that would be interested / have the space from no AC / would want to lose their AC...but no harm in asking right?

Kit would start at $350 as an indicative price, and would not include thermofans. It would include the aluminium radiator, brackets and modified piping.

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
Re: Bit of an odd one, but I thought i'd ask
« Reply #1 on: Aug 5, 2010, 02:41PM »
wish you came up with this 6 months ago...
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Aug 5, 2010, 03:52PM »
I didn't even think about it 6 months ago!

This would all be a bolt up / in arrangement for KA's only though.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: Aug 20, 2010, 08:41PM »
I'm guessing that is a negatory then...carry on!