Author Topic: hmmmmmm  (Read 2884 times)

Offline lozza

• antrx.com junior member
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
hmmmmmm
« on: Jan 5, 2006, 06:53PM »
I have finally got back to my pintara after about 20 other jobs i had to do, upon taking the motor out i notice that the hole where the shaft from the transmission goes isnt the same size as the one on the secondhand motor ive got, the one on my new motor is smaller, is this maybe because its from a manual and mines an auto?? How can i fix this?? any help appreciated.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: hmmmmmm
« Reply #1 on: Jan 5, 2006, 11:19PM »
You've gotta swap the clutch and flywheel assembly off the back of your new motor with your old torque converter and flexplate.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline lozza

• D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
« Reply #2 on: Jan 6, 2006, 07:42PM »
Ive already got the torque converter and flex plate off and new motor didnt have anything, my question is why is the hole that is on the end of the crankshaft different on both motors. I hope my question makes sense, my only other  option is to go to a mechanic but i reaaaaaally dont have the cash for this, Thanks for your post jono.

Offline lozza

• D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2006, 05:49PM »
Well, i talked to a mate of a mate and now thats another problem fixed. To get the little sleeve out to make the hole big enough for the auto trans al u need is a manual input shaft and some grease. Pack the hole full of grease and bash the manual input shaft in and out pops the sleeve that is inplace for the manual trans  and the hole is now big enough for an auto shaft.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2006, 12:51AM »
Sorry, haven't checked the forums in a few days.

Good to hear you got it sorted.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!