Author Topic: Pintara Dash  (Read 3768 times)

Offline KaMbO

• antrx.com junior member
  • KaMb0 The kid with the wagon
Pintara Dash
« on: Nov 5, 2004, 09:28PM »
Does anyone know how to get teh complete dash off a pintara im looking to respray it and i dont have the service manual i know there is  a picture in there of how to do it if any one could scan it for me or give me any pointers i would be very helpfull.   Also is tehir any peeps from WA who have a R31 station wagon skyline or pintara id liek to know what theres is liek cheers.  ;)

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: Pintara Dash
« Reply #1 on: Nov 5, 2004, 09:35PM »
Your looking to take the dash off an R31 yeah?  If so I'll move this into the R31 forum, they should be able to help you a bit more mate.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline B. J.

• RB20det R31 Pintara!!!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 9, 2004, 11:47PM »
It's a bit of a job-

first you need to remove all the cluster setup ...

http://forum.r31skylineclub.com/index.php?topic=3732.0

there is a heap of bolts, screws, wires and things to remove and loosen behind the cluster, down the sides of the dash as well...

the hard part is removing the metal *YES METAL* panel that runs along the very front of the dash, I think there a two bolts under plastic caps that hold it down... they are fun to remove you'll need a quality socket set. once you have them undone, it's a bit of a force but you can pop it off trying not to do too much damage to the windcreen or dashtop.

there are a few bolts underneath that-  whisk them out again with the right tools.

with some force and maybe a mate, you can wriggle off the Dash with some force... be careful... and look out for any screws that you might have missed and be sure not to rip the loom apart in the process...

once you've done it and put it back in, it's a 20 min job.

goodluck.

Offline One

• Where'd I park?
« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2005, 03:43PM »
If you just want to respray the vinyl of the dash, it unscrews seperately from the rest of the dash. I found this out after buying a complete new dash, taking the old one out, and starting to put the new one in.

There are 3 screws in the glove box, and I am fairly certain you can easily find the others by looking along under the top of the dash.

Offline PRINCE R31

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • GOT CUBES?
« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2005, 01:42AM »
What a pain in the ass it is trying to bend it and pull it off when its in the car.   Just try not to stuff it up though, cos I know some one who did that and bent it all out of shape in fustration.
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2005, 01:45AM by PRINCE R31 »
DORI! DORI!

And YES! It's RWD this time!