Author Topic: airbox  (Read 1575 times)

Offline jet81u

• antrx.com junior member
  • my car
airbox
« on: Apr 26, 2004, 10:03PM »
i have a standard airbox on my nissan pintara trx 2.4, ive put a stainless steel air intake pipe from the throttle body to the box and a k&n flat bed filter in it but i was wondering if anyone would know how to make it sound better more like a pod because i had a pod b4 and had to take it out but i really miss the sound of it.
jmicallef

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
Re: airbox
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2004, 03:31AM »
remove the bottom half of the airbox, and use big cable ties to hold the filter onto the
top half of the airbox, then figure out some way of bracing the whole thing so that it doesnt move around too much, this should give you an adequate amount of induction noise and roar.

BUT your engine will be sucking in a lot more hot air than normal which will effect  its performance, to get around this you could build a sealed partition so that hot air from the exhaust, engine and radiator can't get to the filter (just like what some people do with pod filters)  and then install some piping to get cold air from the front of the car up into the filter.

or you could make the stock air inlet hole in the bottom of the box larger, and fit a bigger pipe (say 3 inch) and run that down into the front spoiler behind the fog light (like the CAI on noss's car) and have a bell mouth on the end of the pipe to try and get more air into it :)

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2004, 09:43PM »
TasR.X have u actually done this, or are you just thinking up some crazy idea, coz me thinks id be interested in doing something like that.

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2004, 10:55PM »
i think he just used his brains
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2004, 02:18AM »
why is it a crazy idea?  its been done on alot of other cars.. i dont think i want a pod, so im trying to think of a way of getting the same effects as one, without getting the warm air induction.

**can this be moved into the performance and handling section?